Welcome, Guest
February 20, 2017, 02:56:52 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to understand your Totem animal better ?.  (Read 714 times)

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Re: Want to understand your Totem animal better ?.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 02:54:05 PM »

Thanks og that rings very true for me.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

blue

• Birch
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »

It's an inactive thread but an interesting one. Felt drawn to it.

As i remember, it was many years ago during a long hot summer. Everyday life was stressful and chaotic. Energy levels were running high. It's at times like that where you say to yourself i really need to take a break for awhile and get centered again. It was during meditation that i slipped into the dream state and wolf manifested itself. It jumped up in my face and tried to frighten the daylights out of me. I calmly told it " You don't frighten me". It lunged again and once more i told it that it didn't frighten me.

The scene changed and raven presented itself in profile and imparted something that i needed to know but could not see for myself. An icy winter wasteland presented itself and i came to understand that it was the heart of someone near to me at the time. It was quite an eye opener !

I took some different things from the experience and others like it.

First : It's possible that energy levels are important. The higher your psychic energy level is going in .... the deeper you will go into that other realm.

Second: It's uncertain as to whether or not you're interacting with another aspect of your own mind ( your subconscious) -or- something external in the spirit realm.

Third: It's easy to get bogged down in semantics. Spirit guides and totem animals have different meanings to different people. Sometimes a word or name can have more than one meaning and that can be confusing. What seems to work best for me is simply the generic term " entity ".

An entity is a pretty vague thing without any discernible form. It's possible that the same entity could manifest itself in any number of different forms. It could be an animal, a grey with big obsidian eyes, the BVM or one particular manifestation of the God/dess ?

After all .... we all have our own unique way of looking at the world around us. It would make sense that the form we attribute to the thing without form would tell us more about ourselves than anything else ?

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 05:29:54 AM »

We really need a like button! Well said! BB! MW
Blessed Be!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up