Welcome, Guest
January 22, 2017, 04:15:22 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Wicca  (Read 108 times)

Adriana1615

• Alder
New to Wicca
« on: December 28, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »

Hello...my name is Renay and I am new to Wicca but I have held their beliefs for many years, just not realizing that those beliefs were that of the Wiccan ways...I live in a small southern Ohio town and doubt seriously that there are any covens in  the area so I am beginning basically on my own with help from this website and others that I find are helpful...it is not my intention to learn only spells and such, it is my intention to move forward with the beliefs that have always been within me...I hope that through this forum, I may find guidance through those with more experience...thank you and I look forward to strengthening all that I can be

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
Re: New to Wicca
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 10:50:41 AM »

Greetings Adriana,

Welcome to TCC. There's a vast amount of useful information, hidden away in the various threads on the Forum. Start by reading the "Sticky" threads, especially "For the beginning solitary", and go on from there; but also check out any other threads that seem interesting.

You'll find that there are people here with a wide variety of different beliefs, all of which come under the general category of Paganism; you'll also find that, quite often, we strongly disagree with each other! This is as it should be, I think. It's often been said that, if you ask a dozen Witches - or better still, thirteen, the number of Witches in a traditional coven - to define Witchcraft, you'll get at least ten different answers. And if you ask some of us, today, we'll probably give you a different answer than we would have a year ago - or even a week ago!. This means that there's no fixed set of beliefs that we all accept, and we're all still learning, even after 20, 30 or 40 years of study and practise.

And that's the key; study, study and study some more, but also practise, practise, practise. Put your studies into action, keep a notebook (which will probably eventually develop into a genuine Book of Shadows) and, as your study and practise matures, keep referring back to it.

Many of us here are Solitaries; some because we can't find a coven locally, but some of us because we prefer a solitary practise. It's good to find other people with similar interests, but if that's not possible where you are, don't let that stop you.

Blessed Be, and good luck,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 01:51:07 PM »

Welcome to TCC.

Adriana1615

• Alder
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »

Thank you so very much for the warm welcome  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up