Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 30, 2015, 09:41:27 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did the gods bring you here? Or not?  (Read 166 times)

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
Did the gods bring you here? Or not?
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:01:07 PM »

Do you feel you were brought to the Craft by the gods?  If so, why do you think they chose you? Not necessarily an ego trip btw, if you think you were chosen. The gods have their own agenda.

But some people do find the notion of "specialness," or of anyone being singled out by the gods, elitist and downright offensive. If that's your POV, feel free to elaborate.

What are your thoughts?
One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.

Lazarus Long

Canis

• Oak
Re: Did the gods bring you here? Or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »

Speaking for myself, I don't feel I was brought here in the sense that I was chosen by the gods. I do feel that I was lead here...not in the way that I'm special or that the gods chose me for a special purpose. But more in the sense that the gods knew of my dissatisfaction with Christianity and sent signs informing me of a path that may be more suited to me.

DragonsTalon

• Rowan
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:28:27 PM »

I was troubled, in pain, and cried out...and silence was my answer. Tired of being ignored by a god who supposedly cares that much about his followers, that supposedly seeks only to be with his followers, i decided to cry out until someone answered...and i received multiple answers.
"you can't always trust what you read on the internet" -- abraham lincoln

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »

Was it a straight path here, after you decided to pursue the Craft?  Sometimes I think the gods put up roadblocks to test our commitment and our mettle.
One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.

Lazarus Long

DragonsTalon

• Rowan
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »

Actually...i found this forum when i first started...its only taken me 3 years to actually open up to it a bit more
"you can't always trust what you read on the internet" -- abraham lincoln

oldghost

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 08:44:42 PM »

Because I was open enough in my mind to believe in something more than what others told me was the truth and my Mother told me too always follow what I think was true to myself .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Mystik Witch

• Orange
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »

Sorry for writing a book!

What Canis has said is much like what happened to me. I was always the outsider in the Christianity faith. Nothing about this faith made me feel like I belonged. I remember one Sunday at a church meeting. We were supposed to bare our testimony, (this was in front of a bunch of women of the LDS faith). I stood up and told them I had received a visit from Jesus. I told them what He looked like. Then I told them what He had said, "All may speak with ME at anytime. If they but have faith." They only needed to believe strong enough and He would be with them. I then told the women He was in the room with us and where He was.

They all looked at me like I was crazy. As soon as the meeting was over, they left the room like their pants were on fire. They would not speak to me after that. As I left the room, one woman said to me, "You are speaking to the devil! You needed the have the evil spirits cast out of you." She said. "only the men of the priesthood could talk to God. You are preaching blasphemy." I asked her why it was that only the men in this religion could speak to God? She said, "I needed to read my Book of Mormon and repent. There, I would learn that only the priesthood has the power to speak to God." I stopped believing in this faith right then.

It seems like not more then two months later, I was talking to a lady, not of the LDS faith. Telling her what her father wanted her to know, (Father had passed over.) She asked me if I was psychic? I told her I had been able to talk to people who had crossed over all my life, to a certain extent. That is when I realized I wanted to know how develop them my abilities more. The books just started to appear around me. I began reading, not just about mediums and psychic's, but also about wicca and the craft. It intrigued me to say the least. So, I read even more, mainly SC and RB books. Yes, I have read a lot but not really practiced what I had read. Then about 10 years ago, I decided I would never know if I didn't try this and see if it worked for me. I began using wicca off and on throughout those years. About two years ago, I found this forum and things have become much more clear to me. I'm sure I have the same feeling as most of the people on here who decided to live the Craft. To me, it just felt right. I still have a long way to go, but I am happy for the first time in many many years. I AM HOME!

Blessed Be! MW
Blessed Be!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 11:44:19 AM »

I was led to the Craft, but through other people. Friends of mine that I will always be grateful to for giving me S. Cunningham's
books. My journey is far from over, but has been hard at times, with many starts and stops along the way. The God and Goddess
have offered many opportunities and as Ashe said, "roadblocks" to test my commitment and ability to cope with many situations.

I love the Craft and learn something new about it every day. I don't feel anyone can know everything about it. But my life has been
better since finding it.  :)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »

I was brought to it by my grandmother.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Alchymist

• Oak
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 01:36:50 PM »

As I've mentioned before on this Forum, the trigger that brought me to - wherever I am now - was a cartoon strip in a children's comic, back in the middle of last century*. Hundreds of thousands of other 8-10-year olds must have read that same comic, but how many of them became Witches? So, something already in my mind at the time must have resonated with that comic strip, and whatever it was has led me, by devious routes, to here and now; respected Elder of the local Pagan community, published author (some while ago, admittedly), even Moderator on a Wiccan Forum...... I look back on it all with a distinct sense of "how the hell did that happen?"

If the gods/goddesses had anything to do with it, they've been very coy about it, is all I can say.

Blessed Be everyone,

Alchymist.

* It's just occurred to me that there are teenagers out there who have only ever known this century....... weird.....
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 08:40:29 AM »

As I've said before, my adopted Mother showed me this path.  I will forever be grateful to her.  She was a lifelong Catholic but had some beliefs that were not "mainstream".  I have wavered and stumbled through the years and my path has never been a straight one.  If it were, I am sure I would have left it long ago.  I don't believe the Goddess and God brought me here but I am sure they welcomed me with open arms.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 06:21:37 PM »

I was commuting to work, years ago, and heard an interview with Isaac Bonewits that absolutely fascinated me.  I communicated with him via email for a little while; about the same time, I found a site called Spirit On Line, where I met Scottish witch who taught me about the craft, and a Christian who taught me about energy work.  I was never Wiccan. 

While I would currently call myself a Christian, it wouldn't be in any traditional sense.  I subscribe to no religion; I believe what I wish based on my own life, philosophy, and spiritual and historical research.  I practice as I wish according to my own very personal set of ethics.

Most important, I strive to take responsibility for my own actions, which ever way I choose to go...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 07:15:18 PM »

Sometimes a post comes along that gives one pause for thought or reflection; this may be one of those for me.

Upon reflection, I realise (if that is the right term considering) that I have been Pagan most of my life. I was a Christian brought up in the Baptist faith, I followed the tenets and even was a member of the youth group etc. wrote and performed songs along with some of the members. However, during this time I also had, what was considered to be, a morbid interest in things occult in nature. Admittedly, much of what I learned was hype or pure rubbish (we didn’t have Charmed etc. back then) but a lot was genuine info. Being young and following a Christian path, my gleaned knowledge was somewhat disjointed, and I had the underlying “Fire and Brimstone” teaching lurking in the background. I grew to doubt many things, trying to puzzle out how certain teachings worked with certain contradictions, and various other Christian beliefs that didn’t seem to tie in for me, no one could give me answers that worked for me either.

It was much later before I became a confirmed Pagan, but all that I had learned before was always there and I was able to sort out the “wheat from the chaff”.

So in answer to the original post, I can’t say that I was brought to my path by any Deity, I can say however that I have stumbled and staggered my way to where I am now, I still have the bruises to show for it too. I am also an Agnostic, which kind of makes the question a little more complicated……

One thing more however, I won't say Deity didn't bring me here either.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up