Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 09, 2016, 04:33:32 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does a path ever end?  (Read 217 times)

ostar2

• Orange
  • I seek enlightenment. I seek peace.
    • Adam Cohn's Computer Science and Engineering Blog
Does a path ever end?
« on: September 10, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »

I always wondered with many of these paths, although I still consider myself pagan if they ever end. I wanted to ask what would be the ultimate end goal? What would be true completion of a path(I cannot seem to find too much about this on the web or in scripture, aside from moksha)? Perhaps this is just another dark night of the soul, but I do wonder as my very beliefs are shaken.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:42:02 AM by ostar2 »
I wished for peace, in my heart of hearts it was found. Love is here and is all that remains. I am reborn!

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
Re: Does a path ever end?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 05:53:37 PM »

I'm not entirely sure what it is you mean. Usually a path is what you choose to follow through your life. That path might bend around, thin up, widen out, and bend around again depending on the choices you make and where you wish to take it.  Some might say the end of the path is death and others might say it continues even after death and into the next life.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 20+ years.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »

I would say the path we choose to follow would not end unless we want it to end. Even in that event one could say one path ended and another began. I have never heard anyone say that their path ended, but rather it followed a different direction. It depends upon perspective I guess.
Interesting topic Ostar.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 06:42:33 AM »

Thanks, I just wasn't sure we're I would end up going with any particular path, but I guess it's the unknown that makes it interesting. Food for thought I guess, back to meditation i guess.
I wished for peace, in my heart of hearts it was found. Love is here and is all that remains. I am reborn!

blue

• Birch
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 05:34:00 AM »

Just an opinion, but i would say that the learning is an ongoing process where one goes from one level of understanding to the next.

Sometimes you hit a plateau and level off for awhile.

Sometimes something new is revealed. That can be pretty upsetting because you have to tear down what you thought you knew before you can begin to ascend to the next level.

My guess would be that this process of tearing down and rebuilding will continue for as long as you will allow it. There's more to be learned than anyone could ever hope to take in during one lifetime.

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »

Just an opinion, but i would say that the learning is an ongoing process where one goes from one level of understanding to the next.

Sometimes you hit a plateau and level off for awhile.

Sometimes something new is revealed. That can be pretty upsetting because you have to tear down what you thought you knew before you can begin to ascend to the next level.

My guess would be that this process of tearing down and rebuilding will continue for as long as you will allow it. There's more to be learned than anyone could ever hope to take in during one lifetime.
Well, my goal is to learn everything, but hey perhaps that ambition will end up granting me my goal, even if it doesn't I am sure I will still learn alot.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 07:17:59 AM »

There's a saying " That the more you learn ... the less you know. "

If that's true, then you could say that the goal post keeps moving. Just when you think you're finally there something new is revealed and the goal scampers away from you. That would drive just about anyone crazy.

Perhaps the solution would be to just let it go and ride with the current for awhile ?

Maybe it's the journey and not the destination that is the important thing. The journey can be a lot of fun. There's a whole world of strange and beautiful things out there just waiting for you to discover them. There's some hurt and sadness too but that's all part of the game. Can't have one without the other.

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 10:54:34 PM »

I agree, I have let go but I can see the weave. There is a sense of beauty, almost as though a work of art on an infinite canvas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up