Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 23, 2014, 11:59:05 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: In response to any perceived harsh responses to newcomers  (Read 13882 times)

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
Re: In response to any perceived harsh responses to newcomers
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2012, 01:56:01 AM »

Give up? Me? Not a chance. As I've said before, I can learn something from every post,

OK now bear with me here. It's not personal. In fact it's so far from being personal that I can honestly say I've not read anything much you've  posted here apart from this one I quoted and a few of the replies vis a vis your amazing IQ score.  It's just the first time I've had the urge to take the piss out of anyone in weeks and this fell into my lap.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2012, 05:39:37 AM »

OK now bear with me here. It's not personal. In fact it's so far from being personal that I can honestly say I've not read anything much you've  posted here apart from this one I quoted and a few of the replies vis a vis your amazing IQ score.  It's just the first time I've had the urge to take the piss out of anyone in weeks and this fell into my lap.

I'm surprised that you didn't call him out on the "unofficial test" thing, but I think I'm going to anyway...

Unofficial IQ tests? You mean ONLINE IQ tests? The true test there is whether or not you were dumb enough to pay for the results to be sent to you in the mail. I'm guessing that you weren't.

``The results'' of an IQ test should never come up in conversation unless you're trying to impress a college admissions officer. The rest of us are very much not impressed ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:41:52 AM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »

Drac, I haven't taken an official test. Taken several unofficial tests and always score between 160-167. That's why I didn't give an exact number. The exact number isn't important to me. I don't care what my actual IQ is. I'm not in competition for anyone. But I do see how I left myself wide open for ridicule. Lol. Doesn't hurt my feelings though.  :-p

Noone really does so I guess I missed the point of having mentioned it to begin with.  Go join Mensu for gods sake.  Here is 50 cents so you call someone who gives a $hit.   :-p
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2012, 08:46:29 AM »

Hiya SE.  Good to see you back.  Hope all the crap is evening out and getting better for you.  You were missed.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »

Omg, you people are still harping on this? What a waste of time. It's "mensa", not "mensu", and I have taken a mensa pretest and was invited to take their acceptance exam, which I may do eventually. Anyway, it's ridiculous that I even feel the need to reply to this nonsense. I honestly wouldn't care if my IQ was less than average. I've spent my entire life not living up to my "potential", and have been reminded of it on numerous occasions. Intelligence can be a curse as much as a blessing. Just the fact that I applied a number to my intelligence seems to have started an avalanche of ridicule. Though my own intelligence is of little concern to myself, it has become apparent that it must be important to some people. And though I do not consider myself to be in competition with anyone, it has become obvious, from reading the posts in this thread, that perhaps I'm not among as many "equals" as I once thought. May you find peace (and maybe something positive to fill the void created by your own insecurities.) May the least secure be the first to reply.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2012, 12:57:02 PM »

May the least secure be the first to reply.

I'm replying to this simply because I'm not insecure enough to be frightened off by this comment.
There, now we've got that out the way.

Ed, despite my trying earlier to diffuse this, I can't believe you are still rising to the bait. You're also still feeding the fire too. If you look back through your post I'm sure you will see to what I refer. I will say no more.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

Perhaps you're right Drac. I'm not gonna post on the subject again. Gonna head over to the deities thread. Haven't finished reading there. Interesting stuff.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »

Omg, you people are still harping on this? What a waste of time. It's "mensa", not "mensu", and I have taken a mensa pretest and was invited to take their acceptance exam, which I may do eventually. Anyway, it's ridiculous that I even feel the need to reply to this nonsense. I honestly wouldn't care if my IQ was less than average. I've spent my entire life not living up to my "potential", and have been reminded of it on numerous occasions. Intelligence can be a curse as much as a blessing. Just the fact that I applied a number to my intelligence seems to have started an avalanche of ridicule. Though my own intelligence is of little concern to myself, it has become apparent that it must be important to some people. And though I do not consider myself to be in competition with anyone, it has become obvious, from reading the posts in this thread, that perhaps I'm not among as many "equals" as I once thought. May you find peace (and maybe something positive to fill the void created by your own insecurities.) May the least secure be the first to reply.

Sue me.  I can't spell very well.  :-p

I am not insecure either.

If you can't handle a little bit of ribbing about it, who is the insecure one?

ETA:  You don't want to join Mensa anyways.  Most of them that I have ever met thought they were better than us morons who don't match their IQ.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:36:07 PM by Earthbound Spirit »

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »

ETA:  You don't want to join Mensa anyways.  Most of them that I have ever met thought they were better than us morons who don't match their IQ.
lol'd at this...

Anyway, I'd say that the ability to run would be a far better asset than any amount of IQ for those people, because getting their asses kicked for talking down to the wrong people seems like something that would be a common occurance for them...
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2012, 07:22:54 PM »

Carry a gun.  Beats IQ everytime.   ;D

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »

Sooooo....... I'm gettin' a sense you didn't find the e-card funny.

Well how about this one then:

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »

And just for the halibut:

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2012, 08:38:50 PM »

Hiya SE.  Good to see you back.  Hope all the crap is evening out and getting better for you.  You were missed.

Hey Arn...Yeah I am Ok....Just took a short drama llama break. We all need a self indulgent depressive episode every now and then, innit??

:-*

Just Dave

• Fir
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2012, 10:16:26 PM »

I knew a guy once who claimed to have an IQ of 150.  He could do quadratic equations in his head but needed a calculator to figure how much to tip at a restaurant.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »

He could do quadratic equations in his head but needed a calculator to figure how much to tip at a restaurant.
Quadratic equations for pythagorean tripples?...  or [-b plus or minus the square root of (b squared minus 4ac) ] over 2a for any quadratic equation?

and you should have taught him what an acceptable tipping percentage is wherever you live. Where I live, good - great service is between 15%-20%... that's easy peasy for calculating a tip [ (total * .1 ) + (total * .5 * .1) ] ... ones and fives are easy to do multiplications for because it's like... one [the number] or one half [the number over two].

::edit::
if I was going to get stuck on figuring out a tip, it would be for lack of knowing what an acceptable percentage is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:35:11 PM by lucifer »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up