Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 23, 2014, 07:18:41 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fireflies  (Read 1179 times)

Phoenix

• Oak
  • From the Fire I have Risen.
    • Home of the Phoenix
Re: Fireflies
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 12:44:42 AM »

That story brought tears to my eyes. Im not sure why It did but thank you so much for sharing Edens.

Here in NC almost at the South Carolina Boarder there are tons, I swear I saw several hundred last time I was out in the woods. :D
I went to the Woods to front the essential facts of life. - Thourou

WARNING: Every five hundred years or so I spontaneously combust. The time is nigh get close at your own peril!!

Amythestorm

• Ash
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 07:10:59 AM »

It's been awhile since I've visited the boards and this is the first thread I chose to read and I'm so thankful that I did. Great story Eden, thank you so much for sharing. I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately and could really use an intense experience to redirect/verify my life right now.

I have many fireflies in my yard which has a pond, trees (woods) and field that currently contains corn. On a very humid summer night there are TONS of fireflies. I can sit out back and watch them for hours...they are very magical and fascinating to watch. Something I heard that I didn't know, but didn't look it up to see if it's true either, female fireflies are only found on the ground so all those ones flying about are male.
"This too shall pass"
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "OH @#$%, SHE'S UP"!

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 08:30:19 AM »

Hi Amy, nice to see you again. Hope you'll stay with us a while...
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Rosemadder

• Rowan
  • Live joyously
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 03:22:45 PM »

My outside circle is surrounded by a grove of trees on three sides and after a small bit of a mossy patch there is an area I've just let grow with whatever Mother Nature wants, along with my own Mom's sweet peas. On warm summer nights after a ritual it's just plain magical out there among the fireflies.

I thought of you, Eden's Garden, on the equinox when I was sitting there in delight.

I swear I saw different colored fireflies that night but my husband assures me they are all one color.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up