Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 26, 2014, 01:29:06 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairies  (Read 8754 times)

GreenWoman

• Elm
Fairies
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »

I've been practicing magic in one way or another for many years and in the last year or two became really good friends with someone I'd known for longer. She can see fairies and has been able to since she was a child. I've recently become aware of Fae presence in my daily life but I would like to also SEE them. From what I can understand, my friend astral projects out of her body slightly to see them. She can still see the room she's in, and the people (who now have oras) but the fairies are there as well. She's always been able to do this! It's quite amazing.

So my question then is: are there any other people in the world that can do this? I'm very interested in comparing experiences and interpretations of the Fairies (as there are quite a few different kinds that we've identified so far!) Also, can anyone confirm that this is the method they use to see Fairies? I want to learn how to see them better; I can only see them at night when I'm very tired (ie. stayed up all night writing a paper) and occasionally when I'm meditating.

Thank you!

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
Re: Fairies
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:49:30 PM »

My knowledge of the Fae is limited at best. From what I do know, the Fae are not very fond of humans and limit their contact with them. So, seeing them is not very likely unless they choose to be seen. You might try setting up a Faery house in your garden to draw their attention. Couldn't hurt.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

GreenWoman

• Elm
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »

There's actually quite a few that live in my house already! There's several that live in the bottom two bookshelves in my hallway library and one (that we still can't quite figure out as it hides in my plant) that sits on top of my TV stand. That one has a tail, and we're still trying to decide whether it's an actual Fairie or something else. It occasionally comes and sits beside me when I meditate. I always think it's my cat, but there's nothing actually there!

I just wonder if there's more people like my friend in the world! I know Brian Froud (author/artist) comes very close to drawing what she sees, so he's probably one. Have you heard of other people like this?

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 01:32:58 PM »

I have heard of many who claim to see them. Whether they actually do or not is not for me to say.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »

Don't know what you or your friend are seeing but I can tell tell you one thing It ain't the FEY. Believe me their are not that cute and their no smaller then us, they can also real nasty to any they,  sense are not close to their beliefs . Also they won't enter your home unless they want to get at you. Sounds like your seeing Sprites ,they like cats better then people ; and if you like (or love) cats they'll be friendly to you . oldghost
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

GreenWoman

• Elm
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 08:58:08 PM »

Hmm... Couldn't understand most of what you wrote there (^above post). But I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Fairies. And there are many different sizes, but they can change size as they please. They are also very nice, most of them. It's the little dark ones that aren't so nice as they feed on negative energy, but even they can be ok sometimes. The tall ones are the Nobility for lack of a better word.

I can see know that my friend's gift is rare. So I will rest my hope in finding anyone else who is knowledgeable when it comes to Fairies.

Thanks for the replies!
The Green Woman

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

You may want to read some of the books written by Victor and Cora Anderson.

moonkitten

• Orange
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 02:17:03 PM »

There's actually quite a few that live in my house already! There's several that live in the bottom two bookshelves in my hallway library and one (that we still can't quite figure out as it hides in my plant) that sits on top of my TV stand. That one has a tail, and we're still trying to decide whether it's an actual Fairie or something else. It occasionally comes and sits beside me when I meditate. I always think it's my cat, but there's nothing actually there!

thanks for posting this, oftentimes i'll be alone and thinking about somthing or other and i'll have a feeling that i'm being watched, but when i look around i don't see anything but i can't get rid of the feeling that something is still there, a few years ago i started trying to turn my head around really quickly to catch them in the act and all my friends were startnig to say that i was crazy but i almost got glimpses except for this one time when i tuned to fast and i blacked out and needed four stickes in my forehead and had a to wear a neck bracelet for three weeks because i sprained it so now i just have come to peice with the fact taht fhey are really there and leave cookies out for them but although they selldomly tkae them, i now know i'm not crazy and am a lot happier as a result and it's also nice to know i'm not the only one
*If it has Testicles or Tires it's gonna give you trouble.*

moonkitten

• Orange
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »

well i sort of cant move my head around fast anymore lol but thanks for the tips about where to see them, i'm glad i may be able to see them from the corners of my eyes

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 06:21:47 AM »

well i sort of cant move my head around fast anymore lol but thanks for the tips about where to see them, i'm glad i may be able to see them from the corners of my eyes
When I was about four years old, I saw a Fairy, swinging on the handles of my Grandfather's wheelbarrow. It was small, (about two feet tall) and had a faint green tint to it's skin, pointed ears, and seemed totally oblivious to me. I stood there watching it for about five minutes, and then I remember my Nan calling out that dinner was ready. I remember what it was, it was Roast Lamb, and it was on a Sunday.
The thing is, I didn't remember any of this until I was 25 years old. But I didn't exactly forget it either, because once I'd remembered, it was like the memory had always been there, but I just never recalled it until I was 25. Very strange. 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

moonkitten

• Orange
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 06:36:24 AM »

thats an awesome story, i love when i suddenly remember stuffs from the past which i had forgotten for many years, its like i have memories from when i was about three and four but because my personality grew and changed so much that the connections and old ways of thinking were superceded by schools and rote learning, i dunno if that makes any sense but i think it's awesome anyway!

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 06:45:59 AM »

thats an awesome story, i love when i suddenly remember stuffs from the past which i had forgotten for many years, its like i have memories from when i was about three and four but because my personality grew and changed so much that the connections and old ways of thinking were superceded by schools and rote learning, i dunno if that makes any sense but i think it's awesome anyway!
Yeah, I like totally get that! It's like school has to teach you how to unlearn stuff, before they try and teach you other stuff. And none of it is very useful either. I can remember bits of stuff from when I was about 10 months old, like in my pushchair, but people say that's not possible, but if it's not possible, then how can I remember it? The mind is the new frontier, but no-one admits it, because that would be like admitting they are igronant about something. But igronance is the only state of mind to be in, if you want to learn anything.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Mitch

• Cypress
  • Mitch the Witch
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 07:48:50 AM »

About 12 years ago, My friend Maggie, who was teaching me about herbs, took me to this place called Goose Lake about 1/2 hour from my house. We were walking around while she was identifying plants...later, we stopped to have a bite from the lunch basket. We rested on two boulders. While eating and talking, I saw something on an Angelica plant right in front of us, I looked at Maggie and asked if she is seeing that too...she was. We wached, what looked like a faery hovering around the plant...we watched it for a good 20 minutes so we got a pretty good look. It was about maybe a 1/2 to 1 inch tall with distinguishable head, arms and feet. We have told this too just a few people...we don't know if anyone actually believes us and I don't care...we know what we saw. It was the coolest most tranquil thing ever. I have never seen another yet.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey...
we are spiritual beings on a human journey.

Wolfenhowle

• Alder
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 03:59:23 AM »

Sorry to say this, but I must admit to being rather confused by faeries/fairies.  :-\

I've heard many people say that they've seen or conversed with them, but the descriptions they give are very different in each case. Some people describe them as small beings, pixie like; other people describe them as human sized and grand, like the Elves from The Lord of The Rings, and there are other descriptions I've heard too.

Are there different types of fairy? Are faeries and fairies different types of related beings, some being small and others human sized? Some stories I've heard say that the faeries were The Sidhe of ancient celtic lands, who left this world when the age of humans began.

Perhaps I'll understand more if I actually meet or see them.

Mitch

• Cypress
  • Mitch the Witch
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 09:00:11 AM »

I am no where near an expert on faeries but I have read that there are all kinds and sizes with different looks.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey...
we are spiritual beings on a human journey.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up