Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 01, 2014, 07:25:41 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairies  (Read 8141 times)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: Fairies
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 01:17:09 PM »

I'm of the opinion they are part of the same phenomema as Aliens, Flying saucers etc, and they appear to people using whatever frame of cultural reference is uppermost in the psyche of the witness. There are lots of similarities between Aliens, and Fairies. Greenish skin, pointed ears, gifts that disappear in the morning, missing time, bright unexplained lights, abduction,
strange sexual practices, cross-breeding programs, 'recovered' memory, strangely sunburnt skin of victims, the list goes on. In the USA, 200 years ago, people reported seeing strange flying 'ships' in the air. These ships were like seagoing ships, with sails, and there was even one report of one that got it's anchor entangled in a Church Tower.
But there is never any physical evidence left behind.
The Peri of ancient Persia would abduct humans on flying carpets, Khidr, the Green Man, would appear to people in the Middle East, and they would suddenly find themselves hundreds of miles away, with no memory of how they got there. The worlds myths are full of such encounters with these beings, and they all share threads of similarity.

But yeah, I seen them, and it still beats the shit out of me!

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Mitch

• Cypress
  • Mitch the Witch
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »

Serpentium...that is so cool!
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey...
we are spiritual beings on a human journey.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »

Serpentium...that is so cool!
Thank you very much.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

GreenWoman

• Elm
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »

Are there different types of fairy? Are faeries and fairies different types of related beings, some being small and others human sized? Some stories I've heard say that the faeries were The Sidhe of ancient celtic lands, who left this world when the age of humans began.

Perhaps I'll understand more if I actually meet or see them.

I agree with your last statement. That has been my struggle for the last while. I would like to see them and talk to them, but unfortunately my attempts haven't been going so well. Firstly, I can't astral project yet, and that seems to be the key to actually seeing them from what I can tell. And second, I'm starting to think that it might not be possible for everyone to see them. I'm not entirely convinced by the whole "if they want you to see them, you will" because I've had a few experiences now that have suggested they wanted me to see them, but I haven't. I think we have to "unlearn" a lot of our beliefs before we can truly let go and accept what we cannot see. I think most of my battle is in convincing myself that I can learn to see them. It's amazing how much we self-sabotage without knowing it.

And to answer your other questions; Yes, there are many different kinds, sizes, shapes, etc. I'm not the best authority on the subject but my friend has taught me a lot from her experiences with them. I'm not sure how much I can or should tell you about them; they're a little...what's the best word... shy? cautious? I know what I know because my friend has confided in me, but I'm not sure how much they would be happy with me telling them. I'm not afraid of angering them, it's just not my place to teach anyone about Faery (if you read this F, maybe you can tell them a bit about it?).

I know that must be a disappointing answer, so I will say this; from everything I've experienced, I KNOW that there are Faeries in the world. I know that there are many different kinds and that I am constantly being surprised by the the extent of that hidden world. I know that there are positive and negative aspects to that world (I won't say good and evil, because nothing it 100% evil or good) and I have learned to recognize some of them and adapt my own abilities to protect and deal with them.

I'm just really excited to see that this thread has finally taken off! I was discouraged at first that no one had come forward with any stories, so thank you all for sharing!

The Green Woman

GreenWoman

• Elm
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »

Dude, GreenWoman, you don't need to astrally project to see fairies, wtf? Just make an open statement giving them access to your house/garden/etc. Leave out some (real) honey and some (real) milk or other yummy treats. Then watch your peripheral vision. It may take awhile, try not to get all fashed and lathered about it - relax. Make your home/garden/wherever an inviting little haven. Some potted plants or pretty flowers in the house, etc. You might want to make it clear you don't appreciate your stuff being 'borrowed' beforehand.

Ya, I understand that. I already see them in my peripheral vision as there's lots running around my home as it is. What I would like to do is see them as my friend can see them. She has a rare gift (I talked about it when I posted this topic) and from what we can tell, she hovers just out of her body a little to see them. She does it automatically, so she basically is always moving in and out of her body on an average day, so it took some figuring to understand what exactly it was that she was doing. That's why I want to astral project. I don't appreciate the "wtf" Curiosity.

The Green Woman

PixiePickle

• Pine
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »

I'm of the opinion they are part of the same phenomema as Aliens, Flying saucers etc, and they appear to people using whatever frame of cultural reference is uppermost in the psyche of the witness. There are lots of similarities between Aliens, and Fairies. Greenish skin, pointed ears, gifts that disappear in the morning, missing time, bright unexplained lights, abduction,
strange sexual practices, cross-breeding programs, 'recovered' memory, strangely sunburnt skin of victims, the list goes on. In the USA, 200 years ago, people reported seeing strange flying 'ships' in the air. These ships were like seagoing ships, with sails, and there was even one report of one that got it's anchor entangled in a Church Tower.
But there is never any physical evidence left behind.
The Peri of ancient Persia would abduct humans on flying carpets, Khidr, the Green Man, would appear to people in the Middle East, and they would suddenly find themselves hundreds of miles away, with no memory of how they got there. The worlds myths are full of such encounters with these beings, and they all share threads of similarity.

But yeah, I seen them, and it still beats the shit out of me!

Hahah  I used to joke that the alien abductions were simply Fae trolling us to fit in with modern beliefs.
If I can shoot rabbits, then i can shoot Facists.

NyteShaed

• Ash
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 02:58:43 AM »

Don't know what you or your friend are seeing but I can tell tell you one thing It ain't the FEY. Believe me their are not that cute and their no smaller then us, they can also real nasty to any they,  sense are not close to their beliefs . Also they won't enter your home unless they want to get at you. Sounds like your seeing Sprites ,they like cats better then people ; and if you like (or love) cats they'll be friendly to you . oldghost

They certainly can be small and cute, when they so choose, although sprites and pixies are more likely to.  And the one's I've seen don't like cats much at all (the sprites and pixies that is) cause cats try to eat them.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »

Hahah  I used to joke that the alien abductions were simply Fae trolling us to fit in with modern beliefs.
When you start to look at it all as being  connected, there is so much that ties in with it. Men in Black, Cryptoid Animals, Springheel Jack, Chupocapris, Cattle mutilations, Jersey Devils, Green Men, Blessed Virgins, Angels in the Sky over  battlefields, (The Somme, Agincourt) Valkyries taking Warriors to Valhalla, Dragons, etc.
I find it really helps to remember the Law of fives at this point, And start looking at something else instead for a bit.    :)

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:45 AM »

Just as long as they stay out of my bean patch.

Dok,
Has one barrel loaded with silver, and the other with cold iron.
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

PixiePickle

• Pine
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »

When you start to look at it all as being  connected, there is so much that ties in with it. Men in Black, Cryptoid Animals, Springheel Jack, Chupocapris, Cattle mutilations, Jersey Devils, Green Men, Blessed Virgins, Angels in the Sky over  battlefields, (The Somme, Agincourt) Valkyries taking Warriors to Valhalla, Dragons, etc.
I find it really helps to remember the Law of fives at this point, And start looking at something else instead for a bit.    :)

thats why it was a joke  ;) Lo5's is win.
If I can shoot rabbits, then i can shoot Facists.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 12:33:43 PM »

Just as long as they stay out of my bean patch.

Dok,
Has one barrel loaded with silver, and the other with cold iron.
If they come a raidin' your bean patch, (bean patch?) riding on Werewolves, you'd better be sure which barrel is which, or they'll have ya! 

Lena

• Ash
  • Persistence is too close to Obsession...
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 04:06:12 AM »

Aprox. 15 years ago, the uni period, I was spending much time with Tarel, a French friend who initialy introdused Wicca to me. Between exams and studies she was trying to help me with ways to project myself. Thing didn't seem to work for me though. The very last afternoon we were hanging out at her porch and she got inside to receive a phonecall, I saw something looked like a faery only ugle one... It seemed only natural to hallusinate due to minutes of sleep because of reading.. As it felt natural I had a conversation with that creature in my head, we communicated through thoughts... She (or he) complained about my fellow student in various ways and reasons.. (S)He had issues with her mainly on her attitude towards the house, mooving constantly stuff around, decorating and so on..

Tarel returned from her phonecall and I told her my illusion. All I can say is that she just didnt like what she heared..
I didn't pay more attention back then because the idea of my imagination compare to all that sleepless period was very solid..
I am intending to reseach it more nowdays that I have some free time and the will to do so.. Should I have any results I will get back at you. Should you find out more, I would like to hear from you..

Lena
"All people hide various of charachters within.. The question is how to summon one and avoid another." - Dr.Emil Kraepelin

GreenWoman

• Elm
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »

Finally figured out how to do this! Here are some pictures of the Faeries I sculpted. They're identical (in shape, not colour) to the ones my Friend sees.

Kypress

• Hawthorn
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 12:49:54 AM »

GAH!!! my session timed out while I was typing evidentally and now I have to retype everything!!!! (I need to remember to change that next time I sign in.)

I believe that there's a HUUUUUGE difference between what we've labeled 'fairy" and what ACTUALLY is Fey/Faerie.  "Fairies", I believe, are actually sprites, pixies, brownies, and such; I agree that they don't like cats because our feline friends tend to try to eat them.   The Fey are..... well, it's already been covered here and they tend to not really like humans unless they have a schedule for something.  (not what I wrote the first time but I'm too tired and my brain hurts and Tony--my male kitten/cat--is attacking something by the baseboard and Ziva is staring at something by the patio door)
I may be a Christian, but I'm not going to shove my faith down your throat.  There's a difference between religion and faith, and I'm tired of cults trying to claim they are a religion.
Blogs: 
http://kypressdesigns.blogspot.com   (crafts)
http://lifeofmamah.blogspot.com  (life)

aedh

• Hawthorn
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 12:56:23 AM »

DELETED BECAUSE IT IS OBVIOUS THAT WE JUST KEEP GOING IN CIRCLES WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 10:26:54 PM by aedh »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up