Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 08:14:50 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for Information  (Read 384 times)

RainDancer

• Fir
Request for Information
« on: November 28, 2013, 11:46:04 PM »

I've been looking heavily into various pantheons lately, but I'm coming up with a bit of a blank when it comes to the Shinto pantheon. I was hoping someone would have some information, either in the form of links, or the names of books. Thank you in advance, and have a good day!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt- (attributed) Abraham Lincoln

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Request for Information
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:25:59 AM »

Try here Raindancer   http://wwwe.onmarkproductions.com/html/shinto.shtml  should get you started .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

RainDancer

• Fir
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »

Thank you very much! It certainly is a great place for information.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt- (attributed) Abraham Lincoln

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

Your welcome , glad I could be of some help .

SquareC

• Rowan
  • The Great and Broken Purple Ninja! Blessed Be!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:49:10 AM »

You should also check Wikipedia when you have questions of this sort. You might be amazed at how helpful it can be sometimes. Of course, it has gaps too. But it's often the first place I check for a question along those lines. It has an extensive entry on Shinto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto) which I hope might help you.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when open!

Life is not about waiting until the storm is over, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 02:55:35 AM »

Do not uses Wikipedia there is to many faults in there research , the jumble fact with fictions . Sorry Square .  Rain you may also want to check out your local library .

SquareC

• Rowan
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »

Do not uses Wikipedia there is to many faults in there research , the jumble fact with fictions . Sorry Square .  Rain you may also want to check out your local library .
I'm sorry, Rain. ghost is right. Wikipedia is good for finding a starting place for more serious research, but definitely not a source of any kind of definitive answers. I should have added that part. It's true, there are too many user entries from people who have no clue whatsoever what they're talking about! I take everything with a grain of salt, I should have mentioned all of the above last night. My only excuse is that I was exhausted, I had a very long and totally miserable day, and I wasn't thinking at all clearly.

I should add that at least in my case, the local library has an extremely limited section in many significant sections such as comparative religions and non-American history. It makes it very difficult to do any thorough research, sometimes any research at all! Ordering books from another branch is awkward even if you know just what books you're looking for. Your best bet for serious research is to go to the main branch if you can. I've made quite a few of the long drives downtown (45 minutes minimum drive time) because they have the best selection for research in just about every category you might be interested in and in most areas, you can turn them in at the local branch.

And don't be sorry, ghost! You caught some bad advice on my part and did the right thing! I would much rather be corrected that lead someone astray!

Life is not about waiting until the storm is over, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

Love you Purple Girl , we should start a thread for question that people can't find the answers anyplace else . We are all over this world I'm sure we can find answers questions others have . Answers that are the truth .  A Witches Dictionary and answer thread . Post the Mods lets get it started . Ask a question get what you need cool . Would be a great place for newbies  ( damn youngens , let us old folk along  :-p ) ;D

SquareC

• Rowan
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 12:44:03 AM »

Love you Purple Girl , we should start a thread for question that people can't find the answers anyplace else . We are all over this world I'm sure we can find answers questions others have . Answers that are the truth .  A Witches Dictionary and answer thread . Post the Mods lets get it started . Ask a question get what you need cool . Would be a great place for newbies  ( damn youngens , let us old folk along  :-p ) ;D

Love you back, ancient phantom! That sounds like an fantastic idea! Should it go in A.S.K.? That was my first thought, but I'm not sure. I doubt all the questions will be about ancient knowledge, after all. Newbies is another thought, but the folks with the questions might not necessarily be newbies to the forum. There are several places that might be right, but I'm not sure. And then do we just start it and ask a Mod to pin it? I don't know that it would stay where it would be there when they need it otherwise.

Pages: [1]   Go Up