Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 17, 2014, 09:20:27 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christianity and Witchcraft: Discussion  (Read 2383 times)

Micheál

• Rowan
  • Yeeeooo!
Re: Christianity and Witchcraft: Discussion
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2014, 06:51:21 AM »

Just like Freemasonry and other esoteric groups, it's commonly oathbound not to reveal the identites or publicly "out" someone that isn't already out or open already. Many may, or may not choose to disclose their involvement.  The identities of coven memebers is only a fraction of what makes up the oathbound material of the innercourt of the traditions, however lineages are usually well established. One of the trademark acts of a fraudulent or dodgy lined coven is to not disclose their lineage by advertising it as being oathbound or "secret stuff." Where privacy is important it's still perfectly acceptable for an initiate to reveal it to another initiate. It's a good way for us to know who is who, and basically who is full of shite so to say.
Semper Fi

Ashe Isadora

• Ash
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2014, 07:13:09 AM »

"Lineage" or "upline" means the specific initiatory chain of individuals leading up to one's own initiation.  Kind of like parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc. The line you are of is a much larger group such as the Gardnerian Whitecroft line or the Alexandrian Farrar line.  I thought this might be confusing for people who aren't familiar with BTW, so there you go.
Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.

Lazarus Long

SquareC

• Rowan
  • The Great and Broken Purple Ninja! Blessed Be!
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »

It's not that I'm oathbound, if you remember from the Lineaged Wiccans thread in Q & A. I do believe there are times that it's appropriate. I'd rather not discuss it in open forum. :-[  It's personal, I'm sorry. If you want to discuss it further, please PM me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:25:21 AM by SquareC »
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when open!

Life is not about waiting until the storm is over, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2014, 06:52:16 AM »

The world is still not a safe place and we do not out other Wiccans without their permission.  Keeping lineage and upline private helps us identify each other accurately.  It's a security measure within the BTW community.

Some other topics are oathbound too, is this what you're asking Marisol?
[/quote}

Yes thanks Ashe.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »

It's not that I'm oathbound...

But some of us are.  Some of my oaths go back to the 70's!

What is the purpose of being oathbound, beyond the protection of members? I can understand
why this was so in the past, but why now?

Because....

The world is still not a safe place and we do not out other Wiccans without their permission.  Keeping lineage and upline private helps us identify each other accurately.  It's a security measure within the BTW...

...and many, many more.  G, A and S covens within two or three generations still tend, for the most part, to be this way.  Partly because we're just too old to fight with the junior covens...some, (not ALL, but SOME), of them that are 10-12 hivings out are still a little...well...for lack of a better way to say it..."Charmed".
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »

Yes, I beleive that jesus existed.  He was most likely a very spiritual man and one who could have led his people well.

Was he a witch?  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....   REALLY?  Someone has been reading WAY to much Dan Brown.

There is NOTHING historically written that indicates in ANY way that jesus practiced the craft. 

Since you want to lead this discussion, I will wait for the next question.  We want to keep everyone happy, not be able to comment freely or anything.

While I have several Dan Brown books, they were gifted and I've not read them.

That being said, it was my interpretation, as well, that Jesus was persecuted for being a witch practicing witchcraft. Yet, to be more specific, he was quite a wizard and understood things that were not commonplace knowledge among those with which he dwelled. It is my understanding that he was Spiritual but bound by Religion. In the old testament,  it wasn't witches, it was poisoners who were to be "put to death"... Defining factors matters vary.

I would be interested in what your views are.  :)
Reveal this to me:  Is your presence one of support and loyal admonition toward previlant peace or is your presence a warning of what is yet to come. 

Fear not the hand of death but rather the mind of torture.

~ M ~

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

Yes, I beleive that jesus existed.  He was most likely a very spiritual man and one who could have led his people well.

Was he a witch?  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....   REALLY?  Someone has been reading WAY to much Dan Brown.

There is NOTHING historically written that indicates in ANY way that jesus practiced the craft. 

Since you want to lead this discussion, I will wait for the next question.  We want to keep everyone happy, not be able to comment freely or anything.

While I have several Dan Brown books, they were gifted and I've not read them.

That being said, it was my interpretation, as well, that Jesus was persecuted for being a witch practicing witchcraft. Yet, to be more specific, he was quite a wizard and understood things that were not commonplace knowledge among those with which he dwelled. It is my understanding that he was Spiritual but bound by Religion. In the old testament,  it wasn't witches, it was poisoners who were to be "put to death"... Defining factors matters vary.

I would be interested in what your views are.  :)

Unfortunately, your interpretations matched neither history nor Biblical accounts.  He was never a wizard; he was, however visited by the Magi, from whence the word "magic" comes.  He merely demonstrated that which is within all of us, by any name...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up