Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 21, 2014, 10:42:17 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will allowing gay marriage create more double morality(Christianity)  (Read 452 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Will allowing gay marriage create more double morality(Christianity)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 06:54:37 PM »

It's nothing to do with being passive, or harmony.

I'll come back to this when my mind is working.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Peridot

• Rowan
  • Feather-brained and fabulous.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »

Okay! I hope you feel better. :)
"May my words, like baby vegetables, be tender and sweet; for I may have to eat them tomorrow."

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:04 AM »

As the official "Right Winger" here at TCC, I can tell you that the VAST majority of the "Right Wing" couldn't care less about the issue.  for that matter, the vast majority of the homosexual community are of the same feeling as the "Right Wing"...Don't ask, don't tell.  Save "marriage", (a religious issue), for the service performed in a church.  After all, when you're "married" in a church you still have to go somewhere and sign the civil papers.  ANYTHING that takes place should be the bailiwick of that church.  Not mine.  Not yours.  Not gays.  Not straights.  THAT church and it's OWN congregants.  The state has no valid reason to legalize, lawfulize or illegalize or ban ANYTHING that takes place in a church.  ONLY the civil part. 

Yes, they have a "holy book" that they revere.  Rightly or wrongly.  It's none of my business.  Neither is it any of yours unless it directly affects you or someone you care about.  If the church someone goes to performs these ceremonies and some congregants don't like it, THEY choose to stay or go.  The state has NOTHING to say about it.
And as for me, and as for me...I made my mind up, back in Chelsea - When I go, I'm going like Elsie!

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 09:34:35 PM »

Well i tried to convince some people at Christian chat to just simply let it go through and just be done with it. But meh, their book doesnt agree so they just quoted full of bible verses. It was basically like talking with a brick wall.

And i am so tired of discussing theology. Why not just say. Ok screw it, allowed. The end. And problem would be solved.

Firstly, it's not "their" book.  Secondly, if they actually read with understanding instead of just quoting scriptures(even a parrot can do that), maybe they'd actually learn something.  It appears to be a part of Jewish law, but if they stand on that, they should stand on it's entirety... no?

Maybe you should just tell them they can't have it both ways.  Either they're in, or they're out.  Just following along willy-nilly, is complete idiocy.

I'm also a "right-winger"... some of us, actually many of us, have brains... lol
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 09:41:46 PM »

As the official "Right Winger" here at TCC, I can tell you that the VAST majority of the "Right Wing" couldn't care less about the issue.  for that matter, the vast majority of the homosexual community are of the same feeling as the "Right Wing"...Don't ask, don't tell.  Save "marriage", (a religious issue), for the service performed in a church.  After all, when you're "married" in a church you still have to go somewhere and sign the civil papers.  ANYTHING that takes place should be the bailiwick of that church.  Not mine.  Not yours.  Not gays.  Not straights.  THAT church and it's OWN congregants.  The state has no valid reason to legalize, lawfulize or illegalize or ban ANYTHING that takes place in a church.  ONLY the civil part. 

Yes, they have a "holy book" that they revere.  Rightly or wrongly.  It's none of my business.  Neither is it any of yours unless it directly affects you or someone you care about.  If the church someone goes to performs these ceremonies and some congregants don't like it, THEY choose to stay or go.  The state has NOTHING to say about it.

Quoted for troof!
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Iolar_Dubh

• Elm
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »

All this is banned in just Leviticus:

Failing to include salt in offerings to G-d (2:13)
Eating fat (3:17)
Touching an unclean animal (5:2)
Bringing unauthorised fire before G-d (10:1)
Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6)
Drinking alcohol in holy places (10:9) (communion?)
Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4)
Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5)
Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19)
Trimming your beard (19:27)
Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest (21:11)

The Bible is a great story, just wish people would actually read it and understand its not exactly the most LITERAL thing out there.

I have no problems with Christians, i was raised that way. But morals are morals, and i dont think wearing socks (mixed fabric, cotton lycra blends) is amoral.

I think all people should be treated the same. I'd much prefer to see two men or two woman married and happy, then to see all the traditional male/female marriages where people are miserable.

And the problem with the term marriage is the same as alot of modern day products (non-Americans might not get these).

Do you ask for a facial tissue? Or for a Kleenex?
Do you ask for a photocopy or for a Xerox?
Do you ask for pan spray or for Pam?

The term has been used for so long that its just there. We use it because we know what it is. If i were to elope, its still a marriage, not a civil union.

People have a tendency to get caught up by words without looking at the real issue. Marriage should be a state thing, not a church thing. If you get married in a church, on a boat at sea, or at a courthouse, we consider it to be a valid thing. And if a ship captain can marry you, its passed outside of being a religious institute (barring the odd priest boat captain).

All the paperwork is filed with... wait for it...

The Government.

That makes it state, not church, and church and state should always be separate.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk – if you want to be happy for a year, get married – if you want to be happy for life, plant a garden.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 03:14:56 AM »

And noe of it matters to Christians.  None of it.  The O.T., from a Christian perspective, is BACKSTORY.
And as for me, and as for me...I made my mind up, back in Chelsea - When I go, I'm going like Elsie!

MoonlitWings

• Hazel
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 09:11:08 AM »

And noe of it matters to Christians.  None of it.  The O.T., from a Christian perspective, is BACKSTORY.

^ This. Even my mom says the O.T. doesn't matter cause it only applied to the Jewish people. The N.T. is what Christians should be following because its for our time period, least that's what she thinks.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:56 AM »

In the end it is just a book. A book like any other, written by men for men. Written to maintain laws, written by men to change the
world into what they wanted it to be. A book that I can no longer believe is what the original was meant to be. It is full of politics,
war, pain, and the destruction of everything on this planet.

A book of beauty, love, tenderness and forgiveness. But truth, I don't know. A book that created religions that would destroy
freedom of choice. These of course are just my experiences with the bible. And I realize many will disagree with me. But no matter what argument that is offered it cannot be denied it is just a book.

A book that taught intolerance of pagans, that destroyed a way of life that was beautiful, to further the religion of the moment.
I believe a gay marriage can be as happy as it is made by two people. It doesn't matter if they are both male or female or a marriage of male and female. This is of no matter to me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:52:35 PM by marisol »
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Celtic Epona

• Rowan
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »

To quote someone on here...  It doesn't freaking matter about the Old Testament or the New Testament!  When this country was established church and state were to be separate, so that exactly what is happening counldnt happen.  Many of the people that came to this country to settle it came because of religious persecution and what did they do when they took over?  They said they weren't having that in their country.  However, people will always be people and here we are with Salem trials and now the Gay rights "witch hunts" as part of our history and our present.  This is about religious freedom.  You worship the way you think you should and let them do the same.  Love (wether it be straight or gay) is what is all about.  They need to get off their high horse and realize that if Jesus was here today, the gays, emos, goths, pagans, and other outcasts are who he'd be hanging out with same as he did the first time around. 

* steps down off soapbox and examines worn carpet for re-carpeting purposes*
And the greatest of these is LOVE.

Pay attention; you might learn something.  Paul Cooner 1930-1997

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 04:14:46 AM »

To quote someone on here...  It doesn't freaking matter about the Old Testament or the New Testament!  When this country was established church and state were to be separate, so that exactly what is happening counldnt happen.

Welll....more like "-ish"

Many of the people that came to this country to settle it came because of religious persecution and what did they do when they took over? 

Welll....more like "-ish"

They said they weren't having that in their country. 

150-odd years later....When the first people came to this country, they did it because of many things.  Largely, (more the situation), because of religious "persecution".  The first thing they actually did was establish a religion, THEIR religion, in their colony.

However, people will always be people and here we are with Salem trials and now the Gay rights "witch hunts" as part of our history and our present. 

Sorry, but this is a bit of a stretch.  Seriously.  No insult meant, but this is a bit of a reach.

This is about religious freedom.  You worship the way you think you should and let them do the same. 

You're RIGHT, of course, it IS.  "Marriage" is a CHURCH construct, NOT a "civil" one.  LAWS are civil constructs.  Doggone few people with an I.Q. above room temperature have issue with LAW based union.  It's a semantic argument.  Always has been.  The "you worship" part is the net root issue.  Gay folks aren't really asking for "marriage".  Well, they are, in the fringe.  The mainstream just want to be able to be unified in the manner of THEIR choice without interference.  Now, about the "separation of church and state".  What that means is that the church can't dictate anything to the state.  It ALSO MEANS that the STATE can't dictate ANYTHING to the CHURCH.  Again invalidating the "you practice what you want".  In other words, ONLY on SUNDAY?  A person can't be faithful to their G-d in the way they live their lives?  Sounds a bit incongruent to me...

Love (wether it be straight or gay) is what is all about.  They need to get off their high horse and realize that if Jesus was here today, the gays, emos, goths, pagans, and other outcasts are who he'd be hanging out with same as he did the first time around. 

Are you sure?  I hear this over and over again...how do you know?  I guess it's a common belief because he did hang out healing the sick and raising the dead and all that, (let us not forget the wedding at Cana!  Talk about healing, whoa!), but outcast lepers, lame, sick, blind and DEAD are a little different than gay folks.  THEY don't have a disease, they have no "illness".  He did hang out, mostly, with other Jews.  Just like himself.  Emos and Goths?  I've been "Goth" since there WAS Goth.  I'm STILL "GAF".  These couple of issues are choices.  HARDLY the same. 

* steps down off soapbox and examines worn carpet for re-carpeting purposes*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up