Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 01, 2014, 06:39:16 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Francis Effect"...  (Read 94 times)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
The "Francis Effect"...
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:10:47 AM »

I MUST say, being of the pre-V-II generation that, had the Tridentine Mass never been done away with I would quite possibly still be Roman Catholic.  I served as an altar boy, a ringer and a server as a kid and an usher as I got older.  Then the Vernacular Mass came along and "out the door I went".  I know that there are other Lapsed Catholics here, (and I do NOT want this to turn into some sort of bash fest.  I WILL use the "mod rod" judiciously should that occur.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/08/12/pope-francis-effect-war-on-conservative-catholics-in-new-york/?intcmp=obnetwork
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: The "Francis Effect"...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:20:19 PM »

I don't recall ever hearing a mass in Latin.  I was 6 in '69.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Marni

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »

I have heard the Tridentine Mass and it is beautiful and powerful. Far more spiritual than the vernacular.

Valerie

• Oak
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 05:13:35 AM »

I attend church with my other half(OH), to keep him company and I enjoy singing   ::) the church In Durham City has the mass in Latin, it's quite powerful...I enjoy it, tho I don't understand, OH loves it x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 07:55:00 AM »

I like the sound of chanting monks in a vaulted hall, powerful and reassuring at the same time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up