Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 20, 2014, 07:12:42 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you dream about last night?  (Read 11995 times)

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
Re: What did you dream about last night?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »

Do you have a similar gift, Doktor Howl? It can be a pain in the ass. So can playing the psychopomp for a dying person or wandering spirits. Pretty much every 'gift' we can experience is going to have unpleasant aspects. I choose to think it's part of the learning process of this lifetime. But then again, I also choose to believe in Santa Claus, still.

No, my gifts are limited to:

1.  I can see the past, under certain circumstances1.

2.  I can give a woman a fake orgasm from across the room, with the power of my mind alone.

3.  Bending spoons2.

4.  Using satire to demonstrate The Truth?.

1  Requires that someone has videotaped/filmed the event in question.
2  Using my hands. 
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 09:37:03 AM »

My first thought is "but can you give anyone a real orgasm?"

Yeah, but I have to do it the old-fashioned, mundane way.

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »

Well I suppose that still counts for something even if it isn't special and magical. :P

Depends who you ask.   ;D

Midwitch

• Cypress
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 12:49:07 AM »

Yeah, but I have to do it the old-fashioned, mundane way.

ROFL Does it count that my standard dreams often include sex and give me an orgasm?  Now THATS power - and I tend to agree, the Gods have a warped sense of humour!

Midwitch

• Cypress
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 12:50:21 AM »

We need a Scarlett O'Hara emote, you know, with her holding the back of her hand to her forehead and sighing out her misery.
;D Every person who has ever met me would fall down laughing at the thought. I am as far from Scarlett O'Hara as any woman could possibly get. I'm more a facepalm while muttering "Oh FFS" kinda gal.

Midwitch

• Cypress
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 12:59:55 AM »

I have two speculations. 1.) Perhaps your gift is one part foresight and two parts watching over loved ones. That is, seeing these things before they happen isn't the focus of the gift but keeping tabs on your people is. To that end 2.) Maybe the point of the dream about your niece was for her not to be alone in her final moments. Maybe she felt you with her.

I dream stuff before it happens as well but it is far weaker with me - I usually don't remember I dreamed it until it is happening and it's never anything of consequence. Just little peeks of a conversation or a tv show. My 'knowing' stuff about people is far stronger but that, I am fairly sure, is mostly the cold reading thing. It's something kids in rough environments pick up quickly. The part that puzzles me is that it works online, on the phone, where ever.

Wise words, thank you  :)

I am fiercely protective of my children, and safeguard them with my spiritguides.

Not everything I see is related to my loved ones  though, sometimes its complete strangers, and I dont recognize the person until I am with them (usually dying or injured). And of course, some things are just minor or inconsequential - although maybe they just seem that way to me.

However I feel about them, I have lived with them for 40 odd years and I expect I will live with them for a few more.  :)

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
    • Snake's Myspace Page (The Snake Pit)
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 01:26:50 AM »

You ever have that dream where you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, only to have your roommate tell you that all through the night you kept screaming "No, Daddy, no, put the probe away!"??
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."--Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

Amythestorm

• Ash
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »

It wasn't last night, but several nights ago I had a dream about an old school mate that passed away shortly after graduation. I haven't thought about her in years and have no idea what if any was the purpose of the dream. It was very scattered and confusing...like life I guess.
"This too shall pass"
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "OH @#$%, SHE'S UP"!

LadySD

• Fir
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »

Last night my dream was of my mother who had die over 2 years ago.  Not sure of the details cause that is where I have trouble with. Then when we went out to this thrift store I was walking around and found a coffee cup with her name on it.  The woman loved coffee. 
Hope she is happy for me and my current life I have.
Lady SD

ldenis

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »

I just woke up from an afternoon nap and dreamt that I was moving to another city (which I am working hard on doing) and I was THRILLED!!! I was in high rise appartment and I was just meeting my new roomate and her friend.  Funny NEVER met the two but I could describe them to a T. It was a cool dream!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:54:41 AM by ldenis »

Mitch

• Cypress
  • Mitch the Witch
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »

I dreamt about being in labour (ugh too old for that lol) and had a baby girl...I remember all the pain...must be sympathetic pain for my daughter-in-law who just had a baby girl last month.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey...
we are spiritual beings on a human journey.

Lena

• Ash
  • Persistence is too close to Obsession...
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 05:26:33 PM »

Wise words, thank you  :)

I am fiercely protective of my children, and safeguard them with my spiritguides.

Not everything I see is related to my loved ones  though, sometimes its complete strangers, and I dont recognize the person until I am with them (usually dying or injured). And of course, some things are just minor or inconsequential - although maybe they just seem that way to me.

However I feel about them, I have lived with them for 40 odd years and I expect I will live with them for a few more.  :)

In what way do you use your dreams? Do they have a meaning to you or do you believe that they just are there?
"All people hide various of charachters within.. The question is how to summon one and avoid another." - Dr.Emil Kraepelin

Maltease14

• Elm
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »

My dreams are generally less straight forward than what I've read here. On many occasions, they are broken and fragmented, often missing large chunks of time in between scenes. Sometimes I'm only lucky enough to see a single still frame.

I did have a strange dream the other night, however. There was a lady I have seen around my younger brother's primary school. I've never spoken to her, only seen her waiting to pick up her children from school. I dreamt that she was in some kind of accident and was in an ambulance bed with a neck brace strapped on. She seemed ok, just a little shell shocked.

Because I don't have enough information, I don't think it's a good idea to to act on this information just yet. Not to mention that I only saw a single still frame for the whole dream.

Has anyone reading this thread recently experienced a premonition like dream (i.e. they knew what was going to happen, before it did. And not during or after, as I think that is mainly Deja Vu. I mean before). I'd love to exchange experiences on the topic.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
    • Snake's Myspace Page (The Snake Pit)
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 01:44:57 AM »

Last night I slept poorly. My back was all jacked up after three days of sitting very, very still trying not to aggravate my migraine.

So my dreams were messed up.

The first one was a chase dream where I was a very skinny older balding dude wearing a grey cashmere turtleneck and a beige pair of precisely creased slacks and I had to unlocked and pass through and re-lock an endless series of doors with ornate keys to escape who was following me. If I managed to get the door relocked the key would disappear and my pursuer couldn't get through the door but I wasn't fast enough. I changed shape and locations a few times in the dream and there was something else going before the chase part but that's all I got.

After I woke up from that and went back to sleep:

I dreamed that this combination of Obama and Harry Potter was running this country-slash-resistance movement against something I was not aware of and I was a crippled black woman piloting the body of a white/Asian girl to deliver my prophetic-dream messages to who needed to hear them before fit hit the shan.

I was piloting my borrowed body through a conglomeration of my high school/elementary/college campus looking for someone when I saw Uncle Ruckus (from the Boondocks cartoon). He was a new hire for the security branch of Harry/Obama's special ops and he was hassling Miles O'Brien (from Star Trek but dressed in a snazzy MIB-style suit). Uncle Ruckus didn't realize O'Brian was his boss and one of THE top dogs.

I smoothed things over, shooed O'Brian on, and spent a few minutes explaining to Ruckus why he had to stop being crazy and who exactly he'd just pissed off. Then I caught up to O'Brian, explained who I -really- was and gave him the message which was "Believe in Harry even when Harry doesn't believe in you." And I became aware as I was talking to him that O'Brian might be one of the big dogs but there were several layers of shadow government/top secret agencies between him and Harry/Obama that O'Brian had no idea about. He was confused but in my dream my back really hurt and it got to the point where I woke up from the pain.

The worst part is I loathe the Harry Potter books/movies/empire.

"IMPERIO!!!"  You will now LIKE the Harry Potter franchise...  :-p
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."--Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

Midwitch

• Cypress
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 02:14:07 AM »

In what way do you use your dreams? Do they have a meaning to you or do you believe that they just are there?

What I believe is beside the point. The fact is they are premonitory, ie they happen IRL at a later date. The important ones that could affect others or myself, I act on if I am able. I am not always able, so I am not sure why I have them. For those that are unimportant, I merely muse on them after they happen.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up