Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 07:31:21 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your path still surprise you?  (Read 4891 times)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: Does your path still surprise you?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »

I concur.

The act of hacking through the underbrush is going to leave a path.  Unless you're a 3rd level druid.
Third Level Druids fly everywhere on magnetically re-aligned Bluestones. (Or they do over here)
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Hjolmaer

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 08:55:50 AM »

Third Level Druids fly everywhere on magnetically re-aligned Bluestones. (Or they do over here)

I was referring to the Trackless Step class ability.

You now have me curious about the Bluestones.......

blue moon

• Birch
  • momentarily mourning the loss of idiocy
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »

Don't give me that. It's still a path even if it only appears behind you.

I adore you pic, SuperFrank! *lola* too cute!!

FireWillow

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »

I may be surprised by things that are revealed to me on my journey, but I'm not at all surprised by that path I travel.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:38:03 PM by FireWillow »

blue moon

• Birch
  • momentarily mourning the loss of idiocy
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »

I may be surprised by things that are revealed to me on my journey, but I'm not at all surprised by that path I travel.

kinda ditto ;D I just wanna keep movin'!

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 04:59:15 AM »

What surprises me is stuff I'd forgotten.
Some one posts a comment, I start to answer and it's sort of like dejavue (sp). Memories flooding back building on new idea's since encountered.
Most of the time I clear my post and move on.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »

The coincidences in my life are no longer coincidences but a way of life for me.  They still inspire awe, joy and delight.  I am excited and extremely grateful each and every day for having been granted access to such a wonderful, beautiful, fantastic world. 
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »

What suprises me about my path....I guess it's better stated as what STILL suprises me about my path...The twists and turns and absolutely USELESS agglomeration of JUNK people are willing to take ON whilst ignoring the things that are already THERE and STILL call it WICCA.

Shoot...THAT never ceases to AMAZE me.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 07:41:20 AM »

What suprises me about my path....I guess it's better stated as what STILL suprises me about my path...The twists and turns and absolutely USELESS agglomeration of JUNK people are willing to take ON whilst ignoring the things that are already THERE and STILL call it WICCA.

This isn't just on the Wiccan path...  I see it every day on my own.  I remember when most were scared of this path we follow, when you stayed in the closet because in the closet kept you alive, or at least unmaimed.  The people who chose this path, or for whom this path was chosen (either works  ;) ) were filled with the desire to grow and learn. 

Then Llewlyn starts publishing books on every damn subject imaginable by people who don't know squat and the next thing you know you have a shit load of people who are suddenly Witches, Pagans, Wiccan and so forth.

We didn't get the fluff until it became popular.  Not that I want to go back to the old days, but at least back then you knew EXACTLY where you stood.

There are still positive points of being outcasts... just sayin...
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »

There are still positive points of being outcasts... just sayin...

Agreed!  JUST SCREAMIN'
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

NyteShaed

• Ash
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »

Seeing that come from you doesn't surprise me, considering the things I've seen you claim as Wicca.  But then, you are the definition of a McWiccan after all.  (or perhaps a Wicca King, since "Have it your way" was Burger King's slogan)

lilpnkbnny

• Poplar
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »

I think most of that comes from the confusion of being a solitary. There is so much information, yet the real meat and potatoes of Wicca is buried and it takes effort to see just what that is. The first thing I found on the subject was all about nature. It seemed if you were at peace in the outdoors and felt a connection to it, that was Wicca. I did like so many I see now and made my introduction on this site and a new Wiccan and went on about my love of nature. Then reality hit me and I saw there was so much more to it than that. I'm surprised by my path because it goes in circles, zig zags, up, and down. I have no idea what I am at this point. I know how I feel and what is right for me. What is it labeled?.... Your guess is as good as mine.  :)   I consider myself a spiritual mutt. A little of this and a little of that. Whatever rings true to me, I absorb and lay the rest to the side. It gets added to often. It's been an interesting ride to say the least.
When life gets you down - just put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

*If it has Tires or Testicles it's gonna give you trouble.*

sewenchanted

• Oak
  • "an unnatural creature"
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »

I think most of that comes from the confusion of being a solitary. There is so much information, yet the real meat and potatoes of Wicca is buried and it takes effort to see just what that is. The first thing I found on the subject was all about nature. It seemed if you were at peace in the outdoors and felt a connection to it, that was Wicca. I did like so many I see now and made my introduction on this site and a new Wiccan and went on about my love of nature. Then reality hit me and I saw there was so much more to it than that. I'm surprised by my path because it goes in circles, zig zags, up, and down. I have no idea what I am at this point. I know how I feel and what is right for me. What is it labeled?.... Your guess is as good as mine.  :)   I consider myself a spiritual mutt. A little of this and a little of that. Whatever rings true to me, I absorb and lay the rest to the side. It gets added to often. It's been an interesting ride to say the least.

I really like this......Spiritual Mutt.....sounds good to me! ;D 8)
"I'm the one whose has to die when its my time to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. "
                             "Hendrix"

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »

To be a Spiritual Mutt is the only way to go. I say this, having owned, or been owned by, a great many dogs, and been acquainted with many others; virtually all the purebreds of my acquaintance have been either nervous, anxious, neurotic or borderline moronic in some degree; and all the most intelligent, well-balanced, courageous and friendly dogs have been mutts and mongrels of undistinguished lineage - as I am myself, both ancestrally and spiritually. (Undistinguished, I should make clear; as for the other qualities, time, as always, will tell.)

Inbreeding, whether of dogs or humans, with all of its unfortunate consequences,  is the physical equivalent of obtaining all one's spiritual learning from a single source, or a small group of interlinked sources; the same applies to scientific learning also. To rely on just one source of information is to run the risk of becoming closed-minded, rigid, humourless, smug, shrill, fanatical - fundamentalist, in short. I have seen good friends, whom I once admired as intelligent and perceptive, become narrow-minded, spiritually arrogant, dismissive or scornful of any but their own opinions - and stupid. It was not an edifying sight.

It is perilously easy to fall into the single-source trap, the source that has "all the answers"; mainly, because it absolves you of the necessity of thinking; and thinking is hard work - perhaps the hardest there is.

Blessed Be, Fellow Mutts,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »

I do not really have a path. I know where I want to end up in life, but as for a path? Who cares? Making my own is just as fun. "I came to a split in the road. One path was well travelled, the other not." Me, I romp right down the middle through the brush :)

I do not think we really need a path to follow, we need to make our own. How can we be surprised if we make it?
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up