Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 30, 2014, 11:58:04 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your path still surprise you?  (Read 4862 times)

lilpnkbnny

• Poplar
Re: Does your path still surprise you?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 11:45:05 AM »

That reminds me of the quote I put on my daughters yearbook page.

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
When life gets you down - just put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

*If it has Tires or Testicles it's gonna give you trouble.*

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »

Exactly, one cannot be surprised by their path if they are the ones making it. So, if your path surprised you, hop off it, and tromp out your own, no surprises that way :)

All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
    • Snake's Myspace Page (The Snake Pit)
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »

Further expanding on LPB's yearbook quote:

Some people feel comfortable following a well-established path.  Others choose to go where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Me?  I find a path and set trip-wires and booby-traps.   ;D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."--Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »

Further expanding on LPB's yearbook quote:

Some people feel comfortable following a well-established path.  Others choose to go where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Me?  I find a path and set trip-wires and booby-traps.   ;D

You are just plain mean :P

Well, I find paths already worked boring. Maybe it is just me, but I do not want to follow someone elses' guidelines, I want to do what feels right to me.
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

lilpnkbnny

• Poplar
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »

I always find my own path. Others might not agree with it when it's happening, but they see I always come out ok on the other side.

Although..... I think I am following SM because there have been many trip wires along the way.

Those booby traps are a bitch
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:30:00 AM by lilpnkbnny »
When life gets you down - just put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

*If it has Tires or Testicles it's gonna give you trouble.*

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 01:06:00 AM »

Exactly, one cannot be surprised by their path if they are the ones making it. So, if your path surprised you, hop off it, and tromp out your own, no surprises that way :)

Sorry, but I can't agree. I would say that if you're blazing your own trail through the forest, surprises are far more likely than if you follow an established path. You can be hacking your way through thick underbrush, and suddenly find yourself on the edge of a chasm..... That kind of thing doesn't happen if you follow the well-travelled road.

This is as true in the spiritual realm as it is in the mundane world. For many years I worked as a mining exploration geologist, mostly in the Yukon and Northern British Columbia; in some areas, the forest undergrowth is so dense that one can often find oneself walking on tangled branches several feet above ground level. On one occasion I was hacking my way through just such a dense tangle of vegetation, and I looked down.... into thin air. I was standing on underbrush, out over the edge of a cliff, with just a few flimsy-looking branches between me and a three hundred foot drop.

You don't get yourself into that kind of situation if you follow an established trail.

Alchymist. 
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:52 AM »

You can if you never see that drop coming on your path. Like, everyone goes down the path, its well worn but no one tells you that there is a drop coming up. That can be a surprise.

I understand that way of looking at it, but sometimes you need to be thrown that drop to remind you to stay on your toes. I mean if you look at it, by choosing that job you put yourself in that position.

DarkRunes

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • Read from the Runes that spell out fate
    • Gun-man @ deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 02:36:20 AM »

im not surprised by my path anymore my path requires my mind body and soul to all work togeather allowing me to atune to everything around me so as to better commune with the spirits i seek guidance from and help to enrich my life and mind
Walk with the moon under the stars
Wake those spirits that wish to walk
Speak in tounge long forgotten to time
Read from the Runes that spell out fate

"hören zu den Geistern und danken dem alten Fußweg von Ihnen gewählten Weg und sehen die Zukunft"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up