Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 30, 2014, 09:51:11 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your path still surprise you?  (Read 4866 times)

An tAthair

Re: Does your path still surprise you?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 05:51:08 AM »

You mean, the past surprises you, but not the future?

claudette

• Willow
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 06:15:13 AM »

I never thought I would be on my particular path at age 52, so yes, I'm very surprised.  It seems as if I had to stumble down every path to find the right one for me, but isn't the journey the best time ever?  Those vine covered, weed infested side trails are great fun too.  That's where I pick up odd facts and mind-opening ideas that keep life interesting.

blue moon

• Birch
  • momentarily mourning the loss of idiocy
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 06:16:06 AM »

Many years ago, I started on a path that gave me many answers and just as many questions.  I have recently wondered where that path is taking me.  Doors have been opened and closed, wonderful teachers have come and gone, I continue seeking.  Still a student and often learning from students.  It always amazes me that there is still so much to learn and that the lessons come from some of the simplest sources.  How about you?

More and more everyday, and apparently I still continue to be quite the simpleton, happily.

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 03:19:10 PM »

Do you mean simpleton mental-wise or that you are living a simple life?

lola, mayhap both ;D

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »

Dead people aren't so bad. I would recommend you ground, center, and shield before you go and keep your shields up until you get home, though.

Why?
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 06:22:29 AM »

Some will argue that shielding 'blocks the experience' but shielding is totally subjective and forms to whatever you think it should so that's a bit ridiculous, in my view.

Thank you.  That was my first concern.
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 08:02:59 AM »

An interesting root for me is still the bible. I'm still quite influenced by it, and referencing directly to it has proven not always to be necessary because it dwells within.

To me, for me, it is not about strict religious guidlines alone, it is a great number of things that go back to the basics of rudimentary psychological development and the evidence of such within one's daily life.

Everything I encounter, everything I study still seems to subconsciencely have to go through that mental filter.

The bible represents both good and bad, hence, not condoning mediocrity but rather instead requiring us to think for our own selves and to develop as self-sufficiently as possible, or else we would not be of any service, of any quality, to anyone else.

Every directional path I take from day to day still represents biblical development to me.

::) Of course a good number of my posts may suggest otherwise, but for what ultimate purpose? Smile, too many things already make one frown, why should I habitually do so?

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »

Of course. I didn't mean it is my only influence, just the one I am rooted in. As for esoteric, it makes better sense as I uncover more of it.

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »

Dead people aren't so bad. I would recommend you ground, center, and shield before you go and keep your shields up until you get home, though.

Why?  They'll just wait until she goes to sleep.
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 07:20:12 PM »

As to shielding my home... I do so when I feel called to do so.  I like to think that I am able to pickup on when someone is considering or trying to harm me and mine.  I rather think by keeping a constant flow of Reiki, in that I am always flowing for someone or something even if through my higher self, that I am able to perceive when negative energy or intent is headed my way.  Sometimes I have to spend quite some time building shields till I know the job is done right and is strong enough to withstand or turn away the undesirable.  It is only then that I am able to relax and let go of fear.

SuperFrank

• Elm
  • Bamboo
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 01:11:14 AM »

Surprises from a path make it more fun. Predictable happenings make it easier to prepare for. I'm therefore good with whatever happens.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:49:21 AM by SuperFrank »

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 02:33:21 PM »

I would assume her home is warded and shielded. I assume everyone's is, actually. Hmm. I don't know. I don't think dead people have that much of an attention span for harassing the randomly curious when there are mediums willing and able to play with them around.

I don't think you actually buy into the dead people talking via mediums, though.

Nope.  I don't buy into any supernatural events or phenomena.  The good thing is, Discordianism/Erisianism doesn't require that belief (Eris is gonna do it anyway).
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »

Paths are for people who like the comfort and security of knowing someone has been there before them. I like the feeling of
uncertainty that comes from hacking away through the undergrowth of tangled brambles and creepers, and seeing where I end up.
Stay out of my garden.  Geeze....  :-p
Seriously...I do see where you are going with this and I am finding myself straying further from that path as time goes on. 
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

SuperFrank

• Elm
  • Bamboo
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 12:14:01 AM »

Paths are for people who like the comfort and security of knowing someone has been there before them. I like the feeling of
uncertainty that comes from hacking away through the undergrowth of tangled brambles and creepers, and seeing where I end up.

Don't give me that. It's still a path even if it only appears behind you.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »

Don't give me that. It's still a path even if it only appears behind you.

I concur.

The act of hacking through the underbrush is going to leave a path.  Unless you're a 3rd level druid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up