Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 26, 2014, 06:09:53 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation  (Read 4024 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Reincarnation
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »

You asked , you go first . Cleopatra could really have use a nose reduction.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »

It's my view that when we die, our life force returns to the source. We merge with and become a single entity. When we return to what ever plane of existance we head for, we pick up what ever energy we might need. That energy may have come from any number of different personalities that hold trace memories of individual past lives. When we arrive at where we are headed, we may have times we seem to recall those elements of memory, but they are not "ours".

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »

Well, I hope I was Queen Boudicca, to keep to the Celtic theme of this website. Reincarnation is not my thing,  but if it is true I was probably someone normal and boring.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »

Anyone you strongly identify with, can be said to incarnate through your life. They don't even have to be dead. The Cult of celebrity and all the nutjobs that it throws up is symptomatic of this.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

crystalenka

• Pine
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »

There was a really, really interesting comic-strip style thing that I saw a few months ago that talked about exactly that, and I can't seem to dig it up.

A brief summary, however.... it begins with a young man who has just died. He goes through the light, yadda yadda, ends up having a 'what is the meaning of life' discussion with god. (I don't capitalize because I'm not sure which one the author referred to. ;) ) Unfortunately I don't remember all the details, but at the end it was revealed that every living being was the same person or fragments of the same 'soul', if you will. That 'soul' or being had to experience everything and everyone.

I believe the last bit of dialogue was along the lines of:

"But, Father, what happens when I've been everyone?"

"Then, my son, you become a god, just like me."

And it ended with the guy being sent back as a baby was born.

I don't really see this as being the case, but I thought it was an interesting perspective. Also, if anyone finds this (it was online somewhere) I would love to have the link.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »

Well, I hope I was Queen Boudicca, to keep to the Celtic theme of this website. Reincarnation is not my thing,  but if it is true I was probably someone normal and boring.
Boudicca married into the Iceni to strengthen the alliance with her own Tribe, the neighbouring Trinovante.

The Trinovante were already well established here by 500bc when the last Celtic diaspora began. And the name Tri-novante in Roman Latin means "New Trojans". Which, along with other pre-Celtic artifacts, and myths, and the presence of Arcadian Greek Temples being the first buildings in what is now, London suggests that the origins of Boudicca's Tribe, were refugees from Troy. The earliest ever recorded War.

Boudicca's hair was famously red, and her eyes were green. And there are only two geographical markers for this rarest of eye colours. I've known for a long time that one of them was Scotland. And the other? Turkey. So Boudicca may have been descended from Priam and Hector's line.

Another interesting fact is that instead of the practice of (by 50ad) inheritance being passed through the male line, like all the other English (but not Irish) Celts, and the Gauls, Boudicca's recently deceased Husband was only King Consort. The Trinovante/Iceni/& Durotriges alliance counted lineage from the Distaff. So when her Husband died, the Romans misunderstood, and thinking that the Tribe had no King, turfed Boudicca out, as old baggage, and put the raep to her three Princess daughters.

They wanted to install a Roman Legate to rule, because The Alliance had not openly resisted Rome yet, and the other Tribes were all riddled with Druids, and kicking off left right and centre. In fact, all of the Legions except the one at Colchester were up at Holy Island, Anglesey, throwing the last of the Druids over the cliffs to drown.

So it took them by surprise when Boudicca's outrage brought the whole Alliance down on them. Within 2 days, they were all dead, and Colchester razed to the ground. Then London too. When news reached Anglesey, the already worn out Legions force marched right down to London, and almost, almost lost the whole of Albion. To a Ginger chick. 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2012, 07:46:22 AM »

D### Romans just ruined everything they came across. I have always admired Queen Boudicca.
Fought to the end, a very courageous women.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »

D### Romans just ruined everything they came across. I have always admired Queen Boudicca.
Fought to the end, a very courageous women.
Yeah, right.
What have the Romans ever done for us?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLLMfWmiC0E&feature=related

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »

Yeah, right.
What have the Romans ever done for us?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLLMfWmiC0E&feature=related

Well besides the cool letter numbers.....

Let's see, sewers (which I think we can all agree are a GOOD THING), glass windows, fire brigades and fire extinguishers, odometer, concrete......
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »

Well besides the cool letter numbers.....

Let's see, sewers (which I think we can all agree are a GOOD THING), glass windows, fire brigades and fire extinguishers, odometer, concrete......
I had a theory once about how their numerical system was a major disadvantage to them, and may have been instrumental in the fall of the Empire. Just try doing some Arithmetic with them. How can you run an empire with math like that?

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »

I had a theory once about how their numerical system was a major disadvantage to them, and may have been instrumental in the fall of the Empire. Just try doing some Arithmetic with them. How can you run an empire with math like that?

It was the cool factor they were playing on.....   ;)
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

KissTheMiMes

• Cypress
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »

(basic) Scientifically speaking, when we die, our bodies energy is released as heat and/or consumed by bugs. Science does not acknowledge a "soul" of any sorts... So when DM said
It's my view that when we die, our life force returns to the source. We merge with and become a single entity. When we return to what ever plane of existance we head for, we pick up what ever energy we might need. That energy may have come from any number of different personalities that hold trace memories of individual past lives. When we arrive at where we are headed, we may have times we seem to recall those elements of memory, but they are not "ours".

is it the "soul" being referred to when we pick up energy after we have died?
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." -C.B.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »

(basic) Scientifically speaking, when we die, our bodies energy is released as heat and/or consumed by bugs. Science does not acknowledge a "soul" of any sorts... So when DM said
is it the "soul" being referred to when we pick up energy after we have died?

What happens after we die is pure speculation. Conjecture.

KissTheMiMes

• Cypress
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

What happens after we die is pure speculation. Conjecture.

Well after I die, I think I'll dance.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." -C.B.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 09:10:16 PM »

Well after I die, I think I'll dance.
That's a good idea, (better than many I've heard) If such a thing is possible, I might even dance with you.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up