Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 24, 2014, 04:59:31 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation  (Read 4585 times)

Shawnee

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Re: Reincarnation
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »

I believe when we die our soul (energy) goes back into the Universe to be placed into a new person. I think that is why people often feel as if they've known a new acquaintance forever or have a major dislike for them. The strong feelings we may have toward a time period, place, or whatever could be from past lives also. I'm open to the idea of parallel universes or other planets etc. Just seems like a waste of the universe if we are it kwim. Maybe the parallel universe can explain deja vu.

Sometimes I lean toward the idea that our souls are here to learn, grow, and become better. The only problem I keep having is will a specific soul ever be finished and if it is then what. Does it become a spirit guide or something else? I don't know.

I do believe all living things have spirit/energy. But when plants or animals die I think their spirits are used to replenish and feed each other. Our physical bodies would do the same if just placed in open graves of old.

Tsakara

• Fir
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 02:36:16 AM »

I'm a bit different in this. I don't see each life as any sort of test to be overcome, or anything like that. I see it almost like a game. The point of living being the experience of living in and of itself.

To elaborate: Our souls are connected to the universal whole, but each individual seed of consciousness is unique, and collects experiences independently. That higher self chooses to reincarnate, and what to reincarnate into, and where. This higher self doesn't take all of itself, just the useful parts for that lifetime. Knowing the outcome is no fun and ruins the game after all. So in a way, Life is like the most vast, all encompassing multiplayer game ever conceived.

I believe we have a good deal of freedom of movement, we can combine ourselves with the universal core, or split off to form a separate consciousness, we can incarnate, or we cannot. 

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »

I'm a bit different in this. I don't see each life as any sort of test to be overcome, or anything like that. I see it almost like a game. The point of living being the experience of living in and of itself.

To elaborate: Our souls are connected to the universal whole, but each individual seed of consciousness is unique, and collects experiences independently. That higher self chooses to reincarnate, and what to reincarnate into, and where. This higher self doesn't take all of itself, just the useful parts for that lifetime. Knowing the outcome is no fun and ruins the game after all. So in a way, Life is like the most vast, all encompassing multiplayer game ever conceived.

I believe we have a good deal of freedom of movement, we can combine ourselves with the universal core, or split off to form a separate consciousness, we can incarnate, or we cannot. 

Interesting. 

None of us really knows what will happen until we pass.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 12:42:02 AM »

Interesting. 

None of us really knows what will happen until we pass.

Not so. Each of us has our own experiences to fall back on. it's just a process of remembering.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 12:43:27 AM »

I believe in reincarnation and the  constant learning process of the spirit, Summerland is like
the train station. The Divine keeps things running smoothly, placing each spirit on the train
running in the direction it needs to go. To give each a little push towards what it must learn to
live a new life.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

white weasel

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »

I look at life as a time of learning. In each life there is a lesson or lessons to be learned.  When your work is done in one life then you will leave that plane and go back to Summerland.  There you will remember everything that you have learned from all your lives. Time spent there is used to help one another and to rest before going on to the next life to learn the next lesson needed.  Think of it as going thru school, each life is a level of school or training, as you complete one level you learn more and become more useful. The more we learn the more we can do and the more we can help others. Just as becoming a Doctor takes many years of schooling, then to become one with the Gods and Goddess must take many lifetimes to learn everything you need to know.  And who says that all lives are lived on this planet or even in this reality. Not everything can be taught in just one school or world.  Also I do believe in the law of Karma, in that what we do in this life will affect us in the next one.
The reason I believe is simple really. I have held both animals and Humans as they passed over.  I have felt the life energy leave there body. The feeling was the same in both.  I felt the life leave, it is something you can feel, It is real as real as the Sun in the sky or the moon at night.  I am not very good putting my feelings into words.  So I hope you who read this can understand what I am trying to get across.  And before any points it out I already know I am the worlds worst speller :)
Blessing to you all!
There is more to learn than we can ever imagine.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 12:27:40 AM »

Not so. Each of us has our own experiences to fall back on. it's just a process of remembering.

I wouldn't dispute it.  It's not something I give too much personal thought to though.  Life is a step forward not back to the way I see it.  I'll probably f it up again.......
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

blue

• Birch
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »

But maybe it doesn't matter if you fck it up.

What if it's not about the growth and evolution of our ego but the growth of our soul.

The ego, or our identity, knows only the concerns of this mundane world. If it's our ego that transcends then it follows that we would be more successful in the everyday world with every incarnation.

This probably isn't true. If they're being honest, most religious leaders will tell you that the person dies and it's only the soul which transcends into the afterlife.

If it's all about purifying that little spark of the divine within each of us then the rules are completely different.

Imagine if you were purifying gold. What you would do is put it in the furnace and begin burning off all of the impurities. It might take a series of passes but with each turn it is improved until eventually it's perfect.

If that's the case, then all of the suffering you've been through has been like the hellfire furnace of purification.

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »

But maybe it doesn't matter if you fck it up.

What if it's not about the growth and evolution of our ego but the growth of our soul.

The ego, or our identity, knows only the concerns of this mundane world. If it's our ego that transcends then it follows that we would be more successful in the everyday world with every incarnation.

This probably isn't true. If they're being honest, most religious leaders will tell you that the person dies and it's only the soul which transcends into the afterlife.

If it's all about purifying that little spark of the divine within each of us then the rules are completely different.

Imagine if you were purifying gold. What you would do is put it in the furnace and begin burning off all of the impurities. It might take a series of passes but with each turn it is improved until eventually it's perfect.

If that's the case, then all of the suffering you've been through has been like the hellfire furnace of purification.

Amazing, blue. I'm certain, too, that it is much, much bigger than us and our potential mistakes....

So much... There is so much within history that seems to need to be seen like a collection of transparencies together with each sheet illustrating a historical time period.
Behold the harshness of light, embrace the comfort of darkness.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 07:44:44 PM »

I just went back to post one on this thread. Interesting to see the many idea's put forward, some with similarities yet none in total agreement. Just goes to help prove the concept that for every individual there exists at least one explaination.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »

Reminds me about the parable of the blind men and the elephant dm.

How could anyone ever know really. The truth of what happens in the afterlife might be incomprehensible to us because to know would be to understand the mind of God.

It could be that we live .... we die .... and that's all folks !

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »

Or, we can not understand the "after life" as each of us is but one piece of the greater puzzle that is God, and being but one piece, we can not see the whole until we, in turn, become one with it.

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 04:03:22 AM »

Reminds me about the parable of the blind men and the elephant dm.

How could anyone ever know really. The truth of what happens in the afterlife might be incomprehensible to us because to know would be to understand the mind of God.

It could be that we live .... we die ....
and that's all folks !

And sometimes we come back, however altered the time span of 10,000 years, accordingly, has made us. It seems to be biblical...
Behold the harshness of light, embrace the comfort of darkness.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »

<------ Scratches his head

Beats the hell outa me.

I'm just a dumb old carpenduh.  :)

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »

So, who was who in a previous life? (and don't say Cleopatra)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up