Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 22, 2014, 03:04:37 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadow Totems  (Read 5325 times)

shadetree

• Cypress
Re: Shadow Totems
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2011, 08:20:39 AM »

You found it in Alabama ? Your not close to one of the storm damaged areas are you ?

Draco3Aero

• Pine
  • with life make your happiness
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2011, 10:21:18 AM »

yes im near the devestation. im volunteering. the tornadoes hit eerywhere around us.  its pretty bad , i have water, electricty, even got to graduate. the people who lost their homes have nothin now, and their schools were destroyed so they didnt finish school.
jealousy is a beast not easily gored by the sharp end of a blade

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »

Sending Blessing will light candles for all there. oldghost
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »

thank you oldghost.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »

Anytime , that's what were here for. Those that don't help hinder. oldghost

shadetree

• Cypress
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:10 AM »

We also live close to one of the bad hit areas.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 01:32:35 AM »

Are all well shadetree , did you have any major damage . Blessing sent to you and yours. oldghost

shadetree

• Cypress
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 01:59:39 AM »

No , By the Lady's grace we had very minor disturbance . But friends lost from roofs to homes to everything including loved ones . We have donated much , helped where we could . My son Eagle continues to do what he can . I have had to get back to the business of farming and other family enterprises . We will see what the next round shall bring .

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »

hope everything gets better shadetree

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »

I did my denotation through the VFW. oldghost

sarahbethany57

• Elm
    • explore the shadows
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »

this actually makes a lot of sense to me...

the bat is, or was, one of my totem animals. when i was little i used to have recurring dreams about them, like before i had ever even seen one before...the thing is, in all of my dreams the bat terrified me. In one dream a giant bat tackled me and tried to bite my face, i woke up on the floor. and then one night i woke up and felt someone watching me, so i looked up into the corner of my canopy bed to see a big bat with glowing red eyes staring down at me ( i swear i was awake) and i ran and got my mom who of course found nothing when she got to my room. it always made no sense to me that my totem animal would scare me, but the idea of a shadow totem makes sense not; especially because i looked up an article once that described the bat as a totem animal and it described a lot of things that i needed to work on in my life.

Zili

• Meṁber
  • Alder
    • Zili's Emporium, jewelry, steampunk, and pagan supplies
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »

shadow totem is a new term for me, I suppose mine would be the spider, I just researched the spider as a totem and it fits.  I haven't until recently thought about how each decision I make effects the whole of my future.  I've tried to build the perfect life and have ignored big areas of fault creating a very imperfect life.  My fear of spiders makes a bit more sense to me now.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 06:20:11 AM »

A Totem is just a symbol of some lifestyle dynamic that has personal relevance to someone. This was a major factor in any small Tribal community. Members would identify with a certain Totemic Tribal subdivision, and thus preserve a sense of personal identity without threatening the social stability of the Tribe.

Animals were the perfect symbols for the focus of these Totemic forms, because everyone in the community would be familiar with the characteristics of the Animals involved.
But today's society has largely abandoned the paradigm of small Tribal communities, and thereby redefined the relevance of traditional Totemic identity.

The need for people to have an effective Totem, still exists in the supertribes we live in today, but it's been largely subverted by the inevitable Market forces that are the common denominator in supertribe social dynamics.

Most of today's really powerful Totems are Corporately controlled. All the common forms of the Animal Totems of old are still there, but you have to pay to belong. Trademarks, Corporate Logos, or Administrative bodies have the best ones.

For instance, your supertribe of the U.S.A has, as a major Tribal Identifier, the Bald Eagle. So Eagle Totem people today are found in Administrative, Military, or Police positions, and they can demonstrate the power of their position, by displaying the appropriate Totem. The Seal of the United States Government carries the Totem of the Eagle, so anyone who is affiliated, will have a Badge of Office or Authority, that carries the sanction of the Govt, and displays their personal Totem of the Eagle. as is appropriate to their position.

Horse Totem is another example of how Corporate exploitation has subverted the forms into a marketable commodity. 
The simple act of putting this Totem on a $5 Tee Shirt turns that $5 shirt into a $50 one. But you get to be recognised as part of a major Horse Totem sub-set.

So now what began as a need for a spiritually identifying Totem, has also developed into a huge psycho-social need for secular identity, and Business being what it is, has repackaged the paradigm, protected all the symbolism with Trademark Legislature, and sells it all back to us in one form or another. Of course, people have been exploiting Totems for millennia, but now, we can easily see just how deeply embedded these symbols really are.

[size=78%]The Propaganda value of symbols wasn't really understood properly until after WWII, and that's when the Corporations moved in and began to exploit the fact that our subconscious mind is far more vulnerable to suggestion through symbolism. Symbols bypass the intellectual screening process of the conscious mind like spyware getting through a firewall. [/size]

Our real, 21st Century Totems have been hi-jacked by Corporate Shamen, then culturally re-embedded over three or four generations (With added brand loyalty) using the signal saturation format offered by (esp) Television Advertising.  So that's just about everyone's wetware mortally infected with viral marketing engrams. All because people want to have Totems. Thanks guys, I now have to work until I'm old, to pay off my subscriptions to Lamborghini and Jaguar. I'm addicted to Red Bull, and I think the Pigs are after me.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

blue

• Birch
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2011, 07:29:11 AM »

If you had gone nose to nose with your shadow totem you might feel otherwise.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »

If you had gone nose to nose with your shadow totem you might feel otherwise.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up