Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 10:25:07 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadow Totems  (Read 5058 times)

Draco3Aero

• Pine
  • with life make your happiness
Re: Shadow Totems
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »

odd as i dont want to dress with a  black feather boa, fake beak, jump around and call myself crowman...... although The Crow was pretty awesome! but that names taken
jealousy is a beast not easily gored by the sharp end of a blade

blue

• Birch
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 06:07:29 AM »

i think ill have to research it more, but i have an irrational fear of crows. ive never heard of shadow totems, but its intriguing.  every time i wander in the woods and find a crow i feel dark,scared and helpless. yet it does seem familiar. i also did research on this site for my elemental creatures and the crow was one of them, so i wonder whats going on?. i like this shadow totem explanation, though i wish to know more!

This is one of the better sources i've found regarding totems & shadow totems.

http://www.wildspeak.com/

Crow is/was one of my totems so i always thought of them in favorable terms but i've talked with others that see them as being evil and manevolent.  ???

<shrugs> Beats me ... I'm just a dumb old carpenduh ! 

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 07:07:27 AM »

odd as i dont want to dress with a  black feather boa, fake beak, jump around and call myself crowman...... although The Crow was pretty awesome! but that names taken
The name is Taken, but Brandon Lee left a vacancy for the job in such a way that only someone with the correct Totemic credentials could succeed him with any credibility. You could be that candidate. Just saying.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »

This is one of the better sources i've found regarding totems & shadow totems.

http://www.wildspeak.com/

Crow is/was one of my totems so i always thought of them in favorable terms but i've talked with others that see them as being evil and manevolent.  ???

<shrugs> Beats me ... I'm just a dumb old carpenduh ! 

Probably Stephen King fans...
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 08:39:36 PM »

hey if i could be brandon lee reincarnate..... enough said!!!!!

well ive been trying to get to a crow for they have become more numerous around here. it still upsets me when the mob birds of prey. but aside from a very very very hard to interpret or otherwise unsettling dream i think im making progress. i even tried meditation and contacting a crow by visualization.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »

Crows can make good pets. I used to keep one when I was about 15. It had fallen from the nest, so I took it home and kept it. I know you're not supposed to do that, but it was all ok. The important thing is to get one that is young, but not so young that it imprints on you, and starts thinking it's a human. This one stayed around well into maturity, was tame enough to fly to me, but wild enough to survive on it's own. I never caged it, just gave it a comfy nook to stay in, in an outbuilding, and fed it. After he reached full growth, his visits were more and more infrequent, and eventually, after about 2 years,  he returned to his own people.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 05:32:48 PM »

i caudht a crow with a bad wing once when i was 6. my dad said he was gonna feed it peanut butter to make it better...... the peanut butter choked it and it died......i thought my dad was evil, but later on he told my the wing was basically a lost cause.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »

Maybe that's part of your 'issue' with crows. You associate them with the uncomfortable feeling, (when you are 6, at any rate) that your Dad was anything other than your perfect Dad. The realisation that the world was not a perfect place, where things don't always get better. We come to terms with the facts of that pretty easily, but the things that triggered the realisation, are often left unoticed, leaving us with unresolved conflict. Just a thought, anyway.

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »

well i am well aware that that is a possibility. however, i think its more of i see them as the omens of death and other evil entities. ive had my share of encounters with crows but the whole peanut butter thing now to my is understandable and i abolished the thought of misunderstanding that incident so i can focus on other things. my father is my reason for fearing drunks. i feel extremely vulnerable around them. before i moved to my current location, i lived in p.a. with my mom and dad. my mom was a emotional handfull so my dad drank ...often. long story short he beat my mom and us kid were under constant threat, we moved away from him. i mean the man chased me an axe, just to prove the point that i shouldnt mow the lawn w/o shoes!!!

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »

well i am well aware that that is a possibility. however, i think its more of i see them as the omens of death and other evil entities. ive had my share of encounters with crows but the whole peanut butter thing now to my is understandable and i abolished the thought of misunderstanding that incident so i can focus on other things. my father is my reason for fearing drunks. i feel extremely vulnerable around them. before i moved to my current location, i lived in p.a. with my mom and dad. my mom was a emotional handfull so my dad drank ...often. long story short he beat my mom and us kid were under constant threat, we moved away from him. i mean the man chased me an axe, just to prove the point that i shouldnt mow the lawn w/o shoes!!!
That's really rough mate, I mean, most human faults, we can work around, so that we can exist around each other, but nobody deserves to live with a drunk. You did well to get out of that situation. Now you can concentrate on getting your own shit together. A good way to start would be to "unlearn"  being afraid of drunks. Not everyone has the same drinking pattern as your Dad, in fact, the percentage is quite small, single figures, at least. But unless you learn not to be afraid around drunk people (or at least, not be disproportionately afraid) you'll find that bad drunks will zero in on your unease, and reinforce the fear that your Father taught you. And you owe it to yourself to let that go. Or you'll carry it around with you, and  you didn't go to all the trouble of getting away from him, just so you can carry all that shit around.

You are probably projecting a lot of the negative Dad stuff onto Crow here. After all, it has to go somewhere, and this is as good a place as any. Perhaps if you consciously project as much of it as you can, to Crow, until he is as black as he can be, Crow might take it all somewhere else for you. He loves to steal things, and as he already has a connection with you, you should try to work with it, even though you fear him. Talk to him when you see him out and about. Just nod, and say "G' Morning, Lord Crow". The more you acknowledge him, the more of your fear he will take from you. The more you familiarise your self with Crow, the less you will fear him. Downsize your fear of Crow, to a manageable, Crow sized fear. (After all, he is only a bird) Then you can ask if you can Adopt him as Totem. If he accepts you, (And I think he will) then he will always tell you things. Crow is a wise bird, and knows a lot. Crow is a strong Totem, so your relationship with him will make you strong. Study him, read his storys, learn his ways. You have already begun to do this, by asking here about him. Something in you (your fear) calls to Crow, and Crow calls back. He wants that thing. (your fear) you don't really fear Crow, you fear the part of you that calls to him. So let him have it. Make it your gift to him. Crow likes his people to give of themselves. Crow is a good Ally, for all that he feeds on dead things. Give him your dead things, (your fear) your carrion. (It is his anyway, by virtue of him being Crow)
Crow won't take your life, (he doesn't want live things, he wants dead things) Crow is Crow. Find out the nature of Crow, and Crow will impart wisdom and strength. Fear is the unknown, so know Crow, and he will
replace your fear with Crow. 

Your Dad did have a point though, (about the bare feet and the lawnmower) but he had a retarded way of making it! 

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 05:31:18 PM »

yea, but my fear of drunkards stems off more than my dad, my family lived very close together and they all drank alot, they all were violent too.

however i do like the input on the crow situation, its very eye opening. its good to have abstract ways of thinking, especially when you can use them. im gonna put that in affect.

yea DONT mow the lawn w/o shoes, it ends badly lol!

Toby Sparkle

• Alder
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:27 PM »

This is quite interesting, my Mothers family's spirit guardian/totem is the crow. I don't really know much about it, and she doesn't either, or not much, anyway. Her Mother knew a lot more than us, but we didn't have much contact with her, and she has passed now. My Father's family totem is the fox, and he is called "Foxy" by his friends, although his name isn't Fox. I haven't seen him for about 5 years, and he never got on with my Gan, but he might know more about it. Apparently, (according to my Gan) I have much of the Fox in me, and she seemed to think this wasn't good. But that could have been because she didn't like my Dad. I am more drawn towards Dogs and Horses anyway. I can train Dogs easily, and I have an affinity for them. I have two Lurchers called Bo, and Peep, and a Bully, called Gravel. The Lurchers are pretty stupid and are kennel dogs, but Grav is extremely intelligent, and and lives in the House. He has a (twisted) sense of humour, which is always a sign of cleverness in dogs, and he has many human characteristics. Not always good ones though.

Not all that Sparkles, is Toby Sparkle.

Serpentium

• Walnut

crystaldawn

• Alder
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

My understanding of them is as a family memeber has a dog, wolf that only he can see.  It only appears to him when he is in great conflict or stressed.  I should go back and start at the begining. 

He first would see a small white mouse.  No one else would see it, and if he followed the mouse, he would end up being out of trouble, or there was an accident where he had just been standing.  So on his own he understood the concept.  Then about the time he turned 13 he started seeing the black wolf.  Red eyes and it would be in front of his mothers bedroom door, and just staring at him or growling. 

Needless to say, this was scaring the living daylights out of him.  I did some studing on it, I think it is a spirit guide.  And it was said, it appears and you are afraid of it, it is trying to teach you something. 

In looking into it, he discovered the wolf only appeared when he was in a great deal of conflict and close to losing his temper.  Getting violent.  Usually with his mother. 

This made sense to him and he grew to knowing when the wolf appeared it was telling him to calm down.  Not let the wolves of hell lose as it where. 

I know this is going on forever, but later he had a dream where the mouse and the wolf merged, and the wolf is now grey.  Now he sees the wolf scary only when he is stressed.  Then it will stand and stare at him.  The other night he told the wolf if it was going to watch him, to come up on his bed and lay beside him.  He was afraid of saying that because when he had done it before the bed was shaken so badly it almost shook him out of it.  But this time, the bed was not shaken, just the wolf laid down and slept with him.  He says sometimes he has dream about theings that happen the next day, and the wolf is with him, Now he sometimes asks the wolf to to come into his dreams with him and watch over him. 

We are learning as we go.  We may be wrong, but it seems to work for him.  Hope this helps, and if anyone knows what is going on or what he should be doing, please let me know!

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:07 AM »

Wolves aren't really suited to being around people.
Have you ever looked deeply into the eyes of a Wolf? It's a life changing experience.
And sleeping on the bed?
Even letting a Dog up on your bed is asking for trouble. It's the last thing they do before feeling comfortable and secure enough to challenge your authority.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up