Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 21, 2014, 02:34:07 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadow Totems  (Read 4868 times)

crystaldawn

• Alder
Re: Shadow Totems
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 08:48:03 AM »

I don't know that having a dog sleep in bed with you is bad.  After all, Three Dog Night came from some where!  lol  I think having a spirit guide would be much closer to a person so sleeping on the bed with him, would seem rather anticlimatic. 

And no I have never looked a wolf in the eye, but I have looked into the eyes of a Bengal Tiger, full grown and ready to eat me.  But then that is another story. 

I really enjoyed the info about crows.  I have never been afraid of them.  But then I grew up with stories of Odin and his crow that would tell him all that it had seen and heard.  I find them fascinating and funny at times.

Thank you for sharing.   

Curt

• Willow
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 03:02:34 PM »

A long time ago I had a hybrid wolf as a pet. Half wolf and half german shepherd. Never had a problem with him....neither did the kids. Mind you though neighbor kids or people outside the family was a whole different thing. I'm kind of different that way...re animals. To me a bond is established in essense I guess one could say I become part of the wolf and it becomes part of me. I have done the same thing with large snakes. I once had two Boas and two pythons. The one female python I raised from a baby...when I had to sell her due to a illness I had gotten she was 14 feet long and weighed eighty pounds. Yet, she would curl up on my lap, wrap herself around my neck and shoulders and never a problem. Once while hunting I was sitting under a tree...I saw movement about 30 yards away, it was a weasel. I'll be danged if that little critter didn't work his way over to me, run up one of my legs, stared me in the face and ran down the other leg! Most amazing experience I have ever had and also the most memorable.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »

I don't know that having a dog sleep in bed with you is bad.  After all, Three Dog Night came from some where!  lol  I think having a spirit guide would be much closer to a person so sleeping on the bed with him, would seem rather anticlimatic. 

And no I have never looked a wolf in the eye, but I have looked into the eyes of a Bengal Tiger, full grown and ready to eat me.  But then that is another story. 

I really enjoyed the info about crows.  I have never been afraid of them.  But then I grew up with stories of Odin and his crow that would tell him all that it had seen and heard.  I find them fascinating and funny at times.

Thank you for sharing.   
If your Dog is up on your bed, then it considers itself to be at least your equal in it's pack status. And it's not.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

crystaldawn

• Alder
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 03:55:53 PM »

my dog that slept in bed with me, was a show dog.  So well trained I didn't even need to speak to her,  just signal with my hands what I wanted her to do for me.  She was very intelligent and always kept me in view and waited for my signals as to what she should do.  I do understand the pack mentality.  I was always the alpha female of the pack. 

I don't know why others have a problem with this concept, but if you don't have it settled who is in charge before the dog ever gets near you bed, then yeah, you will have problems.  But I am not that stupid.  My animals know who is in charge and always have a safe place to go where no one will bother them.  I feel sorry for those that have the problems with their animals trying to take over, and not respecting their people.

But we all have a relationship with those around us, be it animal or human, and what is in that relationship is up to the two in it.  I personally have never had that problem with an animal, and even find their presence in my bed a comfort at times. 

Over all, I think it comes down to potatoe, poetato.  it is personal preference.  Some like it other don't.  Neither way is wrong. 

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 04:43:51 PM »

If you want a good book to read  try Barry Holstun Lopez " Of Wolves and Man" .oldghost
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Draco3Aero

• Pine
  • with life make your happiness
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »

so i realize its been a while since ive posted on this. but the crow problem i have is done. thnks to the people of this tab who guided me through it. oh and how do you catch a baby python. i found one in the woods near me....... in alabama..... its not supposed to be hear.
jealousy is a beast not easily gored by the sharp end of a blade

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »

oh and how do you catch a baby python. i found one in the woods near me....... in alabama..... its not supposed to be hear.

You don't! Call the SPCA to deal with it. Might be someones pet that got away or it may only look like a python and is actually something that bites.

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 12:36:51 AM »

You don't! Call the SPCA to deal with it. Might be someones pet that got away or it may only look like a python and is actually something that bites.

This.

It's best to call someone who is trained to handle animals safely.
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country." -George Washington

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »

its a python. ive alot pet pthons. i was gonna call someone but i didnt know who locally to call.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 12:35:24 PM »

Call the herpetology department at your local university they can tell you the right , but there going to tell you the same thing as Passer did get someone who know what their doing . Just because you have had pythons before does not make you an expert ( no insult intended ) the python could be injury or sick an what you do could make it worse or even fatal . Be careful.oldghost

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 07:51:05 PM »

true true oldghost. im not big on snake handling. i researched the snake. turns out its a python. but im not goin near it cuz well its young and proball a release.  i live next to a university so ill try that thnx.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 10:24:24 PM »

Good but also check the area around where you seen it , if it young you could have a nest in the area . Just be careful as the old saying goes the life you save could be your own. oldghost p.s. if it lost there could be a reward ?.

Draco3Aero

• Pine
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »

i hope their is no nest. alabama is not a place for a python. lol , however its been a couple days now i may have lost my helping chance

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2011, 11:22:34 PM »

In all things you do just be careful . oldghost

Nixie

• Oak
  • I am the accident waiting to happen!
    • The Spiritual Nexus
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2011, 11:28:39 PM »

i hope their is no nest. alabama is not a place for a python. lol , however its been a couple days now i may have lost my helping chance

Still contact the  people (not sure who though, I'd say your version of R.S.P.C.A) They can check the area that you found it and possibly look for others while they are doing it.
".... that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold says so" < Stone Cold Steve Austin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up