Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 23, 2014, 06:45:34 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 84   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Haven Introductions  (Read 27076 times)

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
Re: Newbie Haven Introductions
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »

Hi Lisa~ pleased to meet you. :-)

Shame about the coven experience. I still am in awe of the pettyness of some people. All the more shocking if they are associated with a peaceful, loving religion. Oh well.

catgirl

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #331 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Marisol and tresss. It's very nice to meet you both!

Marisol, thanks so much. I'm sure I will be asking some questions. I'm not totally new to forum life but it's always a bit different so the offer of help is much appreciated. I've been reading some stickies and getting familiar with the site.

tresss, it sure was a shame!! I was really sad because I totally loved meeting every other week with the group, doing formal ritual and crafts etc. It was so much fun at the beginning. I don't really know what happened. It was great, then it wasn't. Looking back I guess I can see where there were signs it was getting creepy and unpleasant but it seems like it just changed so quickly. sigh. Anyway, maybe one day, I'll find another group. I'm sure it will happen when the time is right =) I did learn a lot and I think it helped me grow so it wasn't a total loss.

wicca_chica14

• Meṁber
  • Alder
  • Merry meet and blessed be!
« Reply #332 on: March 17, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »

ello peoples! (ahem, merry meet :P) i'm a new wiccan, my name is shannon, and i joined to talk with other wiccans. should be fun.
anyone know of any good wiccan chat rooms? like, not forums, but chat rooms and all
~blessed be~
shannon
If you can't forgive, you can't forget.
If you can't forget, you must forgive.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2012, 11:51:23 PM »

Warmest greetings to all our newest members!  Please make yourself at home; I'm Firesong; if I can be of service, please don't hesitate to ask...
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »

ello peoples! (ahem, merry meet :P) i'm a new wiccan, my name is shannon, and i joined to talk with other wiccans. should be fun.
anyone know of any good wiccan chat rooms? like, not forums, but chat rooms and all
~blessed be~
shannon

Hey Shannon. Welcome. :-)
Hope you can find some warmth here from the spiritual community.
Not sure about chat rooms. They have one at Witch net/inner sanctum, but good luck registering with that site. They don't seem bothered to accept new members.

wicca_chica14

• Meṁber
  • Alder
  • Merry meet and blessed be!
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »

Hey Shannon. Welcome. :-)
Hope you can find some warmth here from the spiritual community.
Not sure about chat rooms. They have one at Witch net/inner sanctum, but good luck registering with that site. They don't seem bothered to accept new members.
thanks, i'll be sure to check it out
If you can't forgive, you can't forget.
If you can't forget, you must forgive.

KelliJ

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2012, 05:05:13 AM »

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the TCC, and looking to re-educate myself in Wicca. It's been a long time, and I feel a bit rusty, and am looking for some strong guidance from a friendly community of similar beliefs. I live in the arctic circle, surrounded by the most beautiful nature, but not a single Wiccan (to my knowledge). The Path is always in my heart and mind, but it's very important to me to now truly practice The Craft, observe the holidays, and build a strong connection with Mother Nature. I'm 6 months pregnant with my first child, a daughter, and I want to raise her in this wonderful faith, which emphasizes true power of womanhood. I'm not interested in spell casting or using magick, so much as simply feeling the "natural flow" of Mother Earth.

Thanks for "listening," and Blessed Be!

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the TCC, and looking to re-educate myself in Wicca. It's been a long time, and I feel a bit rusty, and am looking for some strong guidance from a friendly community of similar beliefs. I live in the arctic circle, surrounded by the most beautiful nature, but not a single Wiccan (to my knowledge). The Path is always in my heart and mind, but it's very important to me to now truly practice The Craft, observe the holidays, and build a strong connection with Mother Nature. I'm 6 months pregnant with my first child, a daughter, and I want to raise her in this wonderful faith, which emphasizes true power of womanhood. I'm not interested in spell casting or using magick, so much as simply feeling the "natural flow" of Mother Earth.

Why wouldn't you be interested in magic..? That's the best bit. ;-)

Welcome anyway. :-)

KelliJ

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »

@tresss: when I was practicing before, I used magick to gain my own ends. I was untrained and selfish, and I feel I did more harm in my ignorance. While spell work and the use of magick is a part of Wicca, I'm more interested in connecting with nature, and the Divine. I'm older, hopefully a bit wiser, and looking to return with good intentions rather than the vain ones of an adolesent. When I am comfortable with using magick again, I want to do so trained and well educated, to use it responsibly, that is all.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

@tresss: when I was practicing before, I used magick to gain my own ends. I was untrained and selfish, and I feel I did more harm in my ignorance. While spell work and the use of magick is a part of Wicca, I'm more interested in connecting with nature, and the Divine. I'm older, hopefully a bit wiser, and looking to return with good intentions rather than the vain ones of an adolesent. When I am comfortable with using magick again, I want to do so trained and well educated, to use it responsibly, that is all.

Oh, I can understand why then. :-)

Yes, I can see how an untrained person can get carried away with endless desire. First you must understand desire and be free from attachment. I imagine it's a common pitfall for young witches..

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »

Welcome aboard :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

MavenStar

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »

Hellos!

I'm actually a returning member although I am uncertain if I made any posts when I was here before.

Anyways, I'm glad to have found this forum.  There is not much in the way of other Pagans in the area that live and it is always great to find a place to connect.

Hmmm....a few random facts about myself:

I live in Florida and if I'm asked to define my path I would say Hedge Witch.  I've been a practicing solitary for about two years but have been researching and interested in paganism for over a decade.  I hope to find new friends, great discussions, and place to learn more here.

Well that's about it! :)

“I have always been drawn to the Dark.  It is not that I am particularly gloomy in my outlook on life and it is not that I am fixated on the macabre........It is just that the Dark holds mystery out to me.  The Dark embraces me and heals me.”  Gail Wood. Sisters of the Dark Moon.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »

Well meet MavenStar , hope you find many friends here . The world needs more Hedge Witch's.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

DarkRunes

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • Read from the Runes that spell out fate
    • Gun-man @ deviantart.com
« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »

its a pleasure to meet MavenStar i hope you meet many a friend and learn many a lesson through your time here and under the light of the moon
Walk with the moon under the stars
Wake those spirits that wish to walk
Speak in tounge long forgotten to time
Read from the Runes that spell out fate

"hören zu den Geistern und danken dem alten Fußweg von Ihnen gewählten Weg und sehen die Zukunft"

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #344 on: April 01, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »

Welcome MavenStar.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 84   Go Up