Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 28, 2014, 05:33:16 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 84   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Haven Introductions  (Read 27241 times)

Jade

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Re: Newbie Haven Introductions
« Reply #480 on: October 10, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »

Hi everyone :)

I am a newbie, not just to this site, but to Paganism in general. I stumbled across the site while researching, and have found a lot of the information really helpful and comforting.

As for me, I don't have a specific belief/ religion. I've always had a strong spiritual side and I feel like I need one in order to live a good, healthy life. I was raised by a Christian family, and I am grateful to them for trying to instill their values and love into me. But it didn't work for me after a while... too many holes in the bigger picture. After exploring the other major religions, I've found that the same is true for just about anything I read. And while I'm slowly coming to try to accept that no one path has a concrete answer, I am still in need of a strong spiritual foundation and something to keep me sane during my time on earth.

I'm also a recovering alcoholic, though many people would think me "too young" to be afflicted. That's all a matter of opinion. Long story short, going through AA really requires a Higher Power... and I don't have one. I do, however, feel very connected to and in-tune with, if you will, the earth and nature as a whole: human and inhuman, the forces that be (gravity) and so forth. I believe those things make up the "divine." I find myself quite literally incapable of believing in a creator-God, even with extensive effort and prayer. It feels as though even my most heartfelt mutterings to God are carried away on the wind. In lieu, my mind tends to question every little thing until it arrives at a satisfactory answer... and thus far has not. Alas, I am ever-seeking. And hoping I might talk to some others willing to share their experience and knowledge.

I look forward to talking with and learning from you all, and have a wonderful day.
Following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #481 on: October 10, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »

Well met Jade,

Welcome to TCC. It certainly sounds like you have your work cut out for you as a Seeker. Do you have any path that you feel more drawn to? I would suggest that being as open as you can may help that answer to come to you. Research and read as much as you can, and use previous threads here on this forum, there are posts for new folks that may help you and you would be surprised just how much insight you may gain from the discussions that have gone before. Use the sticky threads, thats what they are stickied for.  ;)

Feel free to ask any questions if you get stuck and someone should be able to help or guide you.

Hope your journey with us is fruitfull
Blessed Be
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

JadeSpawn

• Elm
« Reply #482 on: October 10, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »

Welcome Jade to TCC, I am sure you will fit in fine here.
If you don't want to know the answere, don't ask the question.

RainDancer

• Fir
« Reply #483 on: October 10, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »

-Jade

Best of luck in all your endeavors, and I hope you find whatever it is your looking for.

Blessed Be,
Casey
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt- (attributed) Abraham Lincoln

Jade

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #484 on: October 10, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »

Thank you all for your words of welcome. I am excited to explore this path with you. :)

Draconis Rex, I've often had the feeling that my life, whatever happens, will be a long, winding journey. Somehow, though, I've always really felt that it will turn out for the best... and how can I not be happy with that?

The only path I feel more drawn to might be Druidry. I've read the threads on this site and checked out other sites, as well as talking to some local people I know. It seems like a good fit, but I've never quite believed one can "adopt" a life-practice or religion... Hence why I tend to seek out "names" for inner feelings... if that makes sense? Also, this is why I feel drawn to Paganism, because it seems like a very large sort of spirituality, with no real definitions (limitations). I'm not interested so much in magic as I am the ability to recognize the beauty and divinity in everything around me. That is what I really wish to cultivate, as well as develop a sense of security and trust in that divine source, without calling it God.

Lastly, I will check out those stickied threads.

Namaste
Following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #485 on: October 10, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »

Welcome aboard Jade. :) I removed your intro topic since you posted here and have had some replies.  I am a friend of Bill as well.  The group or the sun or moon could make a higher power, just as a suggestion.  The Earth could work as well.  This pagan has had a few interesting convos with the people in my group.  I live in the bible belt so you know where the whole HP thing is geared for most members.  I am proud of you doing something about your problem at such an age.  Good luck :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #486 on: October 10, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »

Greetings Jade , nice to know that you have found something that you feel  can help you . Your best strength comes from within , you should look into Shamanism also. Be strong each day and may you life be filled with happiness and comfort .

Blessings
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #487 on: October 10, 2012, 02:46:58 PM »

Welcome Jade, I am a friend of Bill's wife. I 'm very glad you are here.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #488 on: October 10, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »

Jade, I think your going to be a very interesting addition to our group.  :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #489 on: October 10, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »

People beating the crap out of their anonymity......  ;)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #490 on: October 10, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »

Sickening isn't it. ;D
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #491 on: October 10, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

Hello and Welcome, Edorion :D

~ALSO~

Hello and Welcome, Jade :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:30:14 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Just Dave

• Fir
« Reply #492 on: October 10, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »

Welcome, Jade.

Your introduction reminds me of a quote by Andre Gide: "Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."  In these forums you will find many seekers - most of whom have found a specific path to follow, but are still seeking and learning more as they make their way through life.  There is a lot to learn here at TCC - a lot of good information in past posts and a lot of good folks who are happy to answer any questions you may have.  Glad to have you here.

DragonsTalon

• Willow
« Reply #493 on: October 12, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »

Greetings all

I'm not out of the broom closet, nor can I be for reasons that will be discussed momentarily, so anything I do has to be done with a certain amount of discretion.

i was raised as the child of a minister of one of the more conservative denominations of Christianity. I spent years studying Apologetics and studying about Wicca and witchcraft, though not for the purest of intentions I am sad to say, more of a keep your enemies closer mentality. Recently I had begun examining my own beliefs and came to understand the idea that there is not necessarily one path to the divine, with one very specific set of instructions, but rather what I was told to be one path was more like one exit sign directing to the path. I found that I knew more pagans who led the lifestyle I was seeking than many of the Christians I knew. I began to understand that those I was taught to be my enemy were more of kindred spirits than anything else. So now I search and seek the wisdom of others. If I was lied to about the pure evilness of Wicca, what else was I lied to about?

Now that we are grown we are somewhat less in the spotlight of the churches my father preaches at, but with the availability of the internet and on line presences it is relatively easy to find almost anyone. This leads to my need for discretion. While public opinion of my father is no longer based on the family he currently has at home, but on how well that church thinks he raised his children. So coming out of the broom closet could have a very dire and negative effect on my father's continued employment.

I likely will not ask many questions, seeming more of a forum lurker than anything else. I've found that 95% of the time, the question I have has already been answered. I much prefer to listen where others have already spoken rather than expect their time to be taken on reiterating what has already been said.
"you can't always trust what you read on the internet" -- abraham lincoln

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #494 on: October 12, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »

Well met and welcome DT (we tend to abreviate here)

You will find there are quite a number of us here who have come from Christian backgrounds, so your not as alien as you may have thought.  ;)  Understand your reticence, theres also a few here have to be a little discrete too. So no worries its all good.

There have been many preconceptions and misconceptions about what Paganism is, this is historic for reasons that would take too long to get into right now.

Anyway, to cut it all short, be welcome here and feel free to browse the past threads and postings, and may your journey here with us be fruitful.

PS. Feel free also to share what you will with us as we will with you, and if you feel the need to contribute to any discussions, jump right in.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 84   Go Up