Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 01, 2014, 12:33:56 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiccan Book List - Advanced List  (Read 5859 times)

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
Wiccan Book List - Advanced List
« on: March 20, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »

Here is a list of more intermediate to advanced level books on Wicca.

• Adler, Margot  --   Drawing down the Moon
  • Belachta, Sean  --   Coven Leaders Handbook:  13 Lessons in Gardnerian & Alexandrian Wicca (have used this in my 3rd degree program)
  • Cuhulain, Kerr -    Wiccan Warrior
  • Cunningham, Scott  --   Living Wicca:  A Further Guide
  • Drew, AJ --   A Wiccan Bible
  • Farrer, Janet & Stewart  --    A Witches Bible: The Complete Witch's Handbook (Alexandrian Tradition) highly recommended for Alexandrian Ritual Structure & Degree Programs
  • Free, Ersa & Cosmic Goddess Coven  --   Wicca 404: Advanced Goddess Theology (recently started reading this)
  • Gardner, Gerald  --   The Gardnerian Book of Shadows (Forgotten Books) currently on my "to read" list
  • Gardner, Gerald  --   The Goddess Arrives
  • Harrow, Judy  --   Wiccan Covens: How to Start and Organize your Own
  • Knight, Sirona --   Empowering Your Life with Wicca
  • Lipp, Deborah & Bonewits, Issac --   The Study fo Witchcraft:  Guideback to Advanced Wicca
  • MacMorgan-Douglas, Kaatryn  --  Wicca 333:  Advanced Topics in Wiccan Belief
  • MacMorgan-Douglas, Kaatryn  --  Wicca 334:  Further Advanced Topics in Wiccan Belief
  • McCoy, Edain  --   Advanced Witchcraft
  • McLelland, Lilith  --   Out of the Shadows:  Myths and Truths of Modern Wicca
  • Morgan, Sheena --   Wicca Book of Days
  • Morgan, Sheena  --   Wicca Pathworking
  • Reed, Ellen Cannon  --   The Heart of Wicca: Wise Words from the Crone on the Path
  • Sanders, Maxine  --   Maxine the Witch Queen
  • Stephanic, Kisma  --   Faery Wicca Book Two
  • Sylvan, Dianne    --   The Circle Within (recommended highly)
  • Telesco, Patricia  --  Wicca 2000:  Invocations, Prayers & rituals of the magical milenium
  • Telesco, Patricia  --   Advanced Wicca (I found this a bit dry)
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

fandmoon

Re: Wiccan Book List - Advanced List
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »

Hereditary Witchcraft, Raven Grimassi
It's a really good book IMO, Details alot of pagan/witchcraft history. Very interesting! Has ref. to other great pagan history books!

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »

We'll take awhile before I get that far along, but now I have a list. BMO do live live in a book store!?. oldghost  Part Two nice to meet you fandmoon .oldghost
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »

No - I dont live in a book store, however; I love to read & own a number of books.
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

math

• Fir
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »

A bookworm, then. You know, Drawing Down the Moon was the first book I'd ever read on the subject, most of it did fly over my head. Owl, are you Alexandrian?
beyond word and deed

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »

Hereditary Witchcraft, Raven Grimassi
It's a really good book IMO, Details alot of pagan/witchcraft history. Very interesting! Has ref. to other great pagan history books!

Put it on the "fiction" shelf with Murray's "God of the Witches", Leland's "Aradia", and anything by $RW.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

lilpnkbnny

• Poplar
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »

A bookworm, then. You know, Drawing Down the Moon was the first book I'd ever read on the subject, most of it did fly over my head. Owl, are you Alexandrian?

I have two copies of this book and have yet to make it through it. I just puts me to sleep. I think I'll go dust it off and give it one more try. I've had insomnia lately so either way I will accomplish something.  ;D Sleep or reading a book I haven't been able to.
When life gets you down - just put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

*If it has Tires or Testicles it's gonna give you trouble.*

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32:55 AM »

I see that the advance list is full of excellent authors that know what they are talking about once it come to Wicca, but I was wondering if there a booklist you would recommend for a newbie like myself?
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 09:34:10 AM »

Okay, never mind.  I forgot to look at the list of Q & A topics closer.

Kim 8)
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

AkashaRose

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »

Ohhh I didn't have enough money at the time, but I started reading Drawing Down the Moon and I loved it! I'm definetly going to get it!! The Gardnerian Book of Shadows is the one I am currently reading and let me tell you, I understand it now then when I first read it. It was the first book I had found and read on Wicca but I am reading it again!  ;D

gingerbread

• Elm
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »

I am reading the Circle within right now. Its at the top of my list of the best books about Wicca that I've read.

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »

Pretty much and yes

Healingroze

• Rowan
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »

With my interest in Herbalism, I've read both of Cunningham's books - "Magical Herbalism: The Secret Craft of the Wise" and "Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs".  Both of them have been Very Helpful to me.
Blessed Be,

Rozie

jingles

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 02:22:59 PM »

What about Robin Wood's "What, Why....If" ? I just started it, but I am really enjoying it so far! I really like her writing style.

Love, Marla

Rowan Coronet

• Cypress
  • I'm in UR quantum box. Maybe.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »

I just got a new book and am wondering if anyone else has read or heard of it. I am posting this here because the author is on this list. The book is "Celtic Myth and Magic" by Edain McCoy. Thanks in advance for any replies.

ETA: *poke poke*  Now what happened to that sharp stick that Wyldkat had?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:01:22 AM by Rowan Coronet »
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. Kahlil Gibran
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan
Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. Roger Miller
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up