Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 23, 2014, 11:25:41 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Basics of All Religions and Spiritual Paths  (Read 1780 times)

ejfinch

Re: The Basics of All Religions and Spiritual Paths
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »

Nice one Snake!! (giggling)  ;D

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »

Jesausage?

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »

Depends on if you want Italian or spicy Jesausage.  :D

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 05:22:50 PM »

Could add some Holy Spirit Bacon....for that extra lightning strike.  :-p

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 05:24:49 PM »

No, we just know it's delicious.

ejfinch

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 08:19:38 PM »

How about a little Pagan Pepperoni or Hallelujah Jalapenos? Mmmmm Bacon of Babel!!

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »

Bacon of Babel? Does that mean if we eat it, we won't understand each other after that?
 ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:52:55 AM by MissTree »

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 12:21:38 PM »

Touche'.

white weasel

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »

I beleive that most all religions came from the same source and basically have the same message.  Each was changed for the native people in the area of the world that it was started in to make it easier for that group of people to understand.  And then was changed more by man kind itself thru Greed, and stupidity.  But if you cut away all of the BS that has been added on thru the ages I think you will find they all say the same thing. Love each other as your self, live in peace and understanding, take only what you need and love the Gods and Goddess.
There is more to learn than we can ever imagine.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »

I beleive that most all religions came from the same source and basically have the same message. 
This much is true. They originate from the same place. Man's desire for control and dominion over his fellow man. They all carry the same message. "You need to be controlled and dominated". Religion is just another tool of those who would maintain a position of rule.

Otherwise, what need for a Theocratic power structure of Priests who claim Pontiffs  rights over their "Congregation"?
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 11:32:43 PM »

I would suggest that a "religion" and a "spiritual path" are two completely different things; as different as a six-lane highway and a forest trail.

A religion is, as has already been said on this thread, essentially a political control system, whereby a ruling elite keeps everyone else obedient and subservient through the fear of divine punishment. Its essence is faith, which is simply a shorthand way of saying an opinion for which no unambiguous corroborating evidence exists. In a religion all the answers are provided for you, and all you need to do is believe what you are told to believe, without any necessity to think about it or ask awkward questions. Indeed, many religions expressly forbid "thinking" of any kind.

A spiritual path is essentially experiential; there are no pre-digested answers, no Holy Books, no dogmas. There may be guides, but no gurus; guidelines (such as the Wiccan Rede), but no Ten Commandments. Free inquiry, asking questions, deciding on your own answers, are encouraged - even mandatory (any spiritual guide worth listening to positively welcomes awkward questions). "Think for yourself - question authority" is the only mantra.

All religions come from the same source; but every spiritual path is different. Occasionally you might walk part of your path in company with like-minded others; but for the most part, you are very much on your own.

Religions are for the masses; spiritual paths are for individuals.

May your own Path bring you joy and love and fufillment.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 07:51:53 AM »

it occurs to me that Gnostic paths aren't based on faith, but knowledge gained through Gnostic experiences.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »

it occurs to me that Gnostic paths aren't based on faith, but knowledge gained through Gnostic experiences.

Gnostic paths are based on belief in Gnosticism.  Faith?  Depends on how you define "belief". 
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »

I beg to differ, FS.  Gnosticism is not dogmatic, unless you look to others to define it for you and are looking for approval from such.  Many people make the mistake of doing that.  There is a church dedicated to it, even.  But beyond that, in my experience 'course, there is freedom and knowledge based on one's own experiences.  These build on each other and increase my faith, personally.  So for ONCE I agree with PH. 
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »

That's exactly it. Knowledge... You know it. Maybe you can't explain it very well, but somehow you just know. It might be an irrational thing to say at times! I know! Elves do exist! But God is irrational, as well as rational. The unknown isn't called the unknown just for the fun of it.
I don't use the word 'belief' that much. I just observe, feel, and go with my heart. Love is important to all paths.... Maybe except the tiny % based on hate! :-p
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up