Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 23, 2014, 10:08:35 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nocturnal Witchcraft and the Four Soul Types  (Read 6110 times)

blue moon

• Birch
  • momentarily mourning the loss of idiocy
Re: Nocturnal Witchcraft and the Four Soul Types
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »

Maltese Crosses, anyone?

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
    • Snake's Myspace Page (The Snake Pit)
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »

Maltese Crosses, anyone?

I do like the Maltese Cross, but where I use it, it's more of a rebel-hotrodder symbol than it's older meaning.  My car club logo has the "Coop" Devil portrait set against the Iron Cross; and I have Iron Cross decals on the rear quarter windows of my Mustang.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."--Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 05:58:01 AM »

After reconsidering my book collection, I reavaluated my gifted jewelry. Some things do amaze me as to the 'natural falling of placement'. I am partial to a few things unmentionable and find myself easily drawn to things that seem to only add to or complete the sets I already have.

The esoteric 'values' or, um, 'thoughts' ? of some stones and their representations are not usually included in the internet descriptions and it confuses me when I look things up, so I often just 'go with my own awareness'. I am quite comically easy to mess with, though, as I find that, like with my maltese cross, it has been used a great many places throughout history and can be distorted accordingly.

As a wife (haha such as I may seem to some) it seems a wise investment to gather some things and such. It used to be taught, surely, to do so, now, however, one's sanity is questioned when venturing into the invisible things. ::)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »

I do like the Maltese Cross, but where I use it, it's more of a rebel-hotrodder symbol than it's older meaning.  My car club logo has the "Coop" Devil portrait set against the Iron Cross; and I have Iron Cross decals on the rear quarter windows of my Mustang.

Quoted for truth!

In all the years of hot-rods and Harleys, I must say that the cross symbol THERE made a mUCH bigger impact on me than the ones I saw on Sunday mornings all those years!

The cross, the "Coop", the "Rat Fink"...ahh!  The symbology of SPEED!
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »

?

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »

I like wearing comfortable clothes like t-shirts and sneakers. So maybe the dichotomy isn't light/dark, it's casual/formal.

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »

Casual clothing is not just a fashion statement, it's a statement about my soul.

here's the real Four Soul Types

Casual / Good - Musicians, Artists, Hippies
Formal / Good - Cops, Soldiers, Businessmen, Politicians
Casual / Evil - Stoners, Internet Trolls, Homeless People
Formal / Evil - Lawyers

Remember, good and evil are defined by societal consensus. You know, like being the prom king.

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »

So, PH, I'm casual/good and my boyfriend is formal/good, does that mean our kids will be business-casual/good? ;D
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 11:19:55 AM »

Probably, but it really depends on their essential soul type.

Remember, one's alignment does not determine one?s spiritual destiny, but the route taken to get there. With both formal and casual essences, your children may pursue a formal path through casual means. Like teaching at a public school, or working from home.

Bull Snake Boots

• Elm
  • Living is creating.
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 12:47:33 AM »

(Bolding mine.)

I found the wording of these two sentences quite interesting.  In Nocturnal Witchcraft, is an action considered good or evil based on whether the person committing the act thinks it?s good or evil?  And is a person good or evil based on whether or not the person thinks he or she is good or evil?  You stated earlier in your post that the point of being alive is to do good, to become like the Source.  Does that mean the Source, or the universe, has some inherent morality that we call ?good? which we should perform?  If that?s the case, what does the universal morality that we called good consist of?  What does the universal morality dictate evil to be?  And if there is a universal morality dictated by the Source, can you still be evil or perform evil actions even if you think you?re good or perform good actions?  If that?s the case, couldn?t you be misled by what you think or feel is good?  After all, even the worst humans that our species has produced probably didn?t think they were evil.  Hitler.  Mussolini.  Stalin. Mao.  Didn?t all the horrible atrocities they committed start because they thought they were doing the right thing or, at the very least, that their actions were for the greater good of their respective societies?  With that in mind, since they thought they were good or doing the right thing, does that mean they were good or doing the right thing?  Or were they evil, and their actions evil, even if they thought they were doing the right thing?

You gave a couple of great examples of Good-Light (Jesus and the Buddha).  If someone wanted to be the best Good-Light person they can be those are two great examples the person can imitate.  Is there an equivalent example for Good-Dark?  Perhaps someone that an outsider, like me, can look at and say,? ah, so that?s what Good-Dark is.? Or has there not been a good historical example (such as Jesus or the Buddha)?

Hitler, Mao, and Mussolini were just people. They did not commit the horrible acts which took place; they only implied it. The evil is within the masses, say the military who decided to take action based on evil ideas. Hitler did not murder millions of people, his followers did because they were fearful. Evil is a form of justification, yet is not justice itself. When one creates ideas and beliefs to justify hurting other people, they are being evil. The order of the universe is within patterns and energy being able to work in different ways to create more patterns and good energy. Since human beings have a choice, they can work with the patterns to produce good energy and accelerate life (which may be the most expressive form of energy) or they can work against it committing evil. Many wonder if there is good, or if there is evil, but they exist. Our good and evil only exist in our actions, and a part of our actions are our ability to create beliefs and act upon them. Christ and Buddha dedicated all their time and effort to accelerate life, because they found a new experience and drove themselves to become part of a greater life force, or an expanded pattern. People really only know what they experience, so it takes new experience to act upon a greater pattern. There is chaos in our universe all the time, but it is not evil, it is change. I believe only intelligent beings have the ability to be good or evil because we have free will and choice, where as animals based entirely on instinct do not have as much choice as we do.

Bull Snake Boots

• Elm
  • Living is creating.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 12:53:32 AM »

This was an excellent post by the way, I really am a nocturnal person. The night time is very powerful and even enlightening. It makes sense because as a human I seek new things, and the night time reflects the unknown, which I embrace because it is opportunity. Walking or even running down country roads at night is exhilarating, and every moon phase feels different. Sitting under the summer stars at night drinking tea is also very amazing. I own a wonderful book simply entitled Moon Magic which is pretty neat. I also like snakes as well, I have 6 of them ;p

Lynx_Tiger

• Willow
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 01:14:02 AM »

@ Pterodactyl Handler Aww and I was hoping to be a lawyer when I get out of high school.

I don't know much about the nocturnal witchcraft/tradition, but I do plan on reading about it. I don't know my path yet, all I know is that I'm still trying to find something that suits me. So far the Celtic and Norse gods call out to me strongly, but I see a difference in my powers at night and during the day.

For an example, my spells seem to be a  little stronger, a little more listened to at night than during the day. It seems that it's because of the peace the night brings, since the sun brings chaos and I can get really interrupted during my rituals. I don't know much about the four souls either, so this thread is very interesting to me.
"Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do."
~Wendell Berry

Bull Snake Boots

• Elm
  • Living is creating.
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »

Daytime can be very powerful, and there are different times of daytime with different energy as there is at night. Daytime is nice when you are surrounded by a lot of nature away from everything else. You can tune into the animals and what's going on around you like you can at night, there are just more bird noises. I have found water sources are more energetic for me during the daytime than they are at night, especially in the morning and evening hours. Night time is good when you have clearings and a view of the sky.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 07:50:25 AM »

Some water sources can be AMAZING at night.

I have a bottle of water, collected on the night of the Summer Solstice...JUST before the Dawn, from the Chalice Well at Glastonbury.  This water, charged with the prayers and incantations of MILLIONS of people, Pagan and Christian, is AMAZING STUFF.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »

Some water sources can be AMAZING at night.

I have a bottle of water, collected on the night of the Summer Solstice...JUST before the Dawn, from the Chalice Well at Glastonbury.  This water, charged with the prayers and incantations of MILLIONS of people, Pagan and Christian, is AMAZING STUFF.

The American Indians used to make medicine by exposing water to the first morning rays of the sun... I remember Rolling Thunder describing the process...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up