Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 28, 2014, 09:24:53 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Root Chakra  (Read 2388 times)

Amber6

Root Chakra
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:58:06 AM »

I have a question, and if anyone has an answer I would really appreciate it.  I am having pain in my sciatic nerve, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to work on your root chakra, or any root chakra meditations.

moonkitten

• Orange
Re: Root Chakra
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »

when ever i have that sorta pain i go see a doctor man tats not to say women arenot as good becase they arent but i thing thats just a fact or to do with the oaken spirit that most guys naturaly inbue, but a doctor wood be my advize you know, sow that root chakra with an acorn and youl recieve the natural strength of the king oak tree
*If it has Testicles or Tires it's gonna give you trouble.*

Amber6

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »

If it was just my sciatic nerve that was bothering me I would agree, but I have other signs that my root chakra is not how I would like it to be.  Don't really understand the rest of what you said.  maybe you could clarify.  But thanks for responding.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:19:31 AM »

I have a question, and if anyone has an answer I would really appreciate it.  I am having pain in my sciatic nerve, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to work on your root chakra, or any root chakra meditations.

My mom had sever issues with her sciatic.  Her Dr. sent her to yoga which in turn led her to the chakracise classes the yoga place she went too offered.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/openroot.php

Specific to opening the root chakra.  Their whole chakra section is actually quite informative as well.

http://chakracises.com/   ;D

This is actually quite a fun site with some really interesting excercises both mentally and physically.

I use chakra meditation beads.  You can see here http://www.birthbeads.com/ChakraBeadsMisc.html where they sell them, however, I made mine and they are personalized for me.  I also used more beads per chakra, my strand has 13 beads per chakra.

If I can ever figure out how to upload pics to photobucket again, I can post a pic.

I personally feel (NOTE this is MY PERSONAL OPINION) that you should do a chakra meditation at least 3 times a week.  I do mine opposite my yoga days.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Amber6

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »

Thanks so much, this is all very helpful.  I will check it out. :D

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »

Thanks so much, this is all very helpful.  I will check it out. :D

Feel free to PM me, I have a lot of techniques I use in my chakra meditations!!
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »

when ever i have that sorta pain i go see a doctor man tats not to say women arenot as good becase they arent but i thing thats just a fact or to do with the oaken spirit that most guys naturaly inbue, but a doctor wood be my advize you know, sow that root chakra with an acorn and youl recieve the natural strength of the king oak tree

Ah, Moonkitten, I see you looked into those typing classes, after all! ::)
Until one understands oneself, any other knowledge is nothing but commentary. -Firesong

Let choice murmur in your ear and love murmur in your heart. Be ready… here comes life. – Maya Angelou

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »

I also will, when working on a specific chakra, cover lamps and such with translucent cloth in that chakra's corresponding color.  I learned that in a color therapy class I took one time and it suprisingly works really well.

You spend your time bathed in the glow of that color.

Amber6

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »

Awesome.  I checked out that website about the Chakra beads, very cool.  I printed it out and am going to try those techniques.  I will also try the cloth over the lamp shade.  thanks for the time you put into answering a complete strangers questions.  Not sure yet what pming is.  Really new at this still.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:41:05 AM »

Awesome.  I checked out that website about the Chakra beads, very cool.  I printed it out and am going to try those techniques.  I will also try the cloth over the lamp shade.  thanks for the time you put into answering a complete strangers questions.  Not sure yet what pming is.  Really new at this still.

PM is private message. 

No worries, we all try to help out when we can, especially if it is something we have experience with.  I've run a few guided chakra meditations and know how hard it is to work on them until it becomes a habit.

If you do yoga, you might want to talk with your instructor and see if he/she has any characises  ;D

Amber6

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »

Will do.   :D

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »

Finally got the picture to load up to photobucket.....

Each end has a dragonfly symbol on it.  The dragonfly is my left hand totem and one of my spirit guides as well....

My color correspondences are a bit off from what is the regular, I used what worked best for me.

Crown Chakra - clear quartz
Third Eye - amethyst
Throat - sodalite
Heart - adventurine and jade
Solar - tiger eye and silver
Sacral - pink quartz and lilac jade with silver - this is usually an orange stone - some will also use blue/green and my first strand used flourite
Root - hematite

The 13 stones per chakra is a personal thing for me,  it is strictly your choice how many stones, though I would say no less than 3.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:36:59 PM by Doom Monkey »

FireWillow

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »

That's beautiful DM!

Amber6

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »

Yeah, very cool.  I actually just made a mantra bead thing.  You know with the 108 beads with the large bead for the starting and stopping point.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »

That's beautiful DM!

Thank you!  It's old, I made it probably 8 years or so ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up