Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 23, 2014, 09:26:49 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Root Chakra  (Read 2602 times)

Doom Monkey

• Birch
Re: Root Chakra
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 06:59:19 AM »

Yeah, very cool.  I actually just made a mantra bead thing.  You know with the 108 beads with the large bead for the starting and stopping point.

Those are awesome!  I have a set my sister got for me.  I may have to look into making my own.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Amber6

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:11 PM »

It's really easy if you do decide to make on for yourself.  You can find a significant color or a significant stone for you and use that. :D

KissTheMiMes

• Cypress
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »

This thread has inspired me =D! Thank you!
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." -C.B.

Panthertech

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »

DM - I just read through this posting (I'm new here, so I'm taking in all I can).  I love what you did with the chakra beads.  Did you buy the stones with the holes already in them, or did you drill them yourself? 

If you did it yourself, what method did you use?  I would love to make one of my own.

In love and light.....
"Know Thyself"

Jadaja Talios

• Willow
  • With the Lady's Blessings...
    • Meditations and Magick
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »

The book wheels of life by anodea judith is verry good. It has physical exercises and pressure points for each chakra. I have no idea what happened to my copy of it tho.
With the Lady's Blessings,

Jadaja Talios

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 05:42:56 PM »

Jadaja Talios , no disrespect intended ; but if you are not highly trained DO NOT mess with the pressure points on your body . The damage you can cause could be permanent . That's the biggest problem with self help book's . If you need help go to someone that is certified to do it.  Take it from someone who has permanent nerve damage.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:48:19 PM by oldghost »
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Jadaja Talios

• Willow
    • Meditations and Magick
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »

None taken oldghost.  it's  true that you have to know what you're doing.  did you know that everyone uses certain pressuse points without reallizing it?   rubbing your temple, neck, or the back of the head for headaches and the bridge of the nose when your eyes are tired from overuse are just a few examples. Nobody thinks about it when they work those points, they just use them subconciously.  when i do head massages on other people for headaches i follow my instincts on where to rub but am concious that i am using various pressure points to help the person.  i have learned(to my dismay) that i have very little success in doing the same for my own migraines and regular headaches.  i understand that healers tend to have this problem. I find that it's hard to get the correct angles and pressure on my own pressure points but very easy on another person.

Jadaja Talios

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 07:57:28 PM »

To easy a head ache, run the outside edge of your thumbs along either side of the spine, from the shoulders upward well into the hair, until you feel the skull. Only do this in an upward motion.
To do it on yourself, place your hands so your fingers are on top of your head and your thumbs facing down the neck. Using the thumb tip, "drag" upward.
Helps if you use some Deep Cold gel or some other similar product. We have a China Town here so I use Tiger Balm.

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 10:40:49 PM »

I have one for you all - a searing pain at the very top of the left scapula and a little laterally towards the spine . It's the result of an old stab wound, and once it starts up it just gets worse and worse. I've tried everything to ease it and I've been to several chiropractors etc with little result.

The pain can get so bad I can pass out with it. It actually feels like the knife is still there. The only remedy I have is to stop doing what I am doing and to lay down. That or lots of heavy codiene-based analgesia. This does ease the pain but it can take days to go away fully. It can then be completely gone for months at a time, then (for whatever reason) it will suddenly come back. Can't keep taking analgesia as I'm a heavy machinery operator.

Any thoughts?

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »

I can understand that one. Tried to cut my thumb off with a skill saw, nicked the cartilage on the knuckle so I think I'm going to have permanent issues with it. I'm thinking you most likely had some nerve damage. Again, after 18 months, nerves don't heal anymore. Unless you have a fragment sitting in there causing irritation on occasion, I don't think much you can do.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:02:15 PM by dark magus »

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »

Darn! I was really hoping  :-[

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 11:15:43 PM »

Omega 3's maybe

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

lol - tried those. No, I guess I'm just stuck with it. Serves me right for getting in to a knife-fight in the first place.

Jadaja Talios

• Willow
    • Meditations and Magick
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »

Michelle did you ever get cheched 2 see if part of the knife tip was broken off in you? You xrays or cat scan-no mri cuz that could make things much worse or even kill you, electromagnets and steel knife point.

Jadaja Talios

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 05:30:15 AM »

It's ok. It happened in prison. I spent a few days in hospital and they checked me over very carefully before I was put back in the yards. Prisoners are very well looked after. I guess everyone's afraid of legal action or something.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up