Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 28, 2014, 03:19:33 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jupiter & Venus  (Read 4397 times)

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
Re: Jupiter & Venus
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »

Nah... keep the conversation; address the issues; I'm just trying to keep the bloodletting reasonably cordial... we've been running a little low on O negative... it was a general statement, nothing more, nothing less.  Be yourself; that's who we know; that's who we have genuine affection for.

OK cool then. Thank you. Just so as it's clear. I did take it to PM and have yet to see a response, though PG has posted in several other threads in the hours since I attempted to get some private clarification on who was being accused of what nefariousness here.

Because I want it clearly stated that I personally and I know for a fact Khara and Marisol are all very fond of this forum. I don't think Marisol was included in the slur, but I am pretty sure Khara and/or I were in the firing line.

It was hurtful in the extreme to see a snide insinuation that we might seek to subvert or disrupt this forum for some unstated cause and due to alliances elsewhere which it is perceived by some here that we might hold.1

We are both strong, opinionated, feisty and yes I suppose both quite snarky women.

We stand up against what we see as insulting, offensive or just plain wrong. And for ourselves. And occasionally for one another. But we do not, have not and will not ever conspire against anyone here - or anywhere else for that matter.

It may have slipped the notice of a few here, but there are very few back doors about either of us. "Up front" is how I like to think of myself, but I'd hazard a guess a few might describe it as
"in your face".

Well yes, that can be a pain in the jacksie. I can be a rude abrasive cow but as you see I can take comments thrown at me a personal sniping match in pretty good graces. But not accusations of the nature that PG cast. They are a bridge too far.

I am neither a sneak nor a traitor . Nor is Khara. And I was grossly insulted by the implication that we may be.

1: We do not btw hold any such alliances.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2012, 10:12:36 AM »

OK cool then. Thank you. Just so as it's clear. I did take it to PM and have yet to see a response, though PG has posted in several other threads in the hours since I attempted to get some private clarification on who was being accused of what nefariousness here.

Because I want it clearly stated that I personally and I know for a fact Khara and Marisol are all very fond of this forum. I don't think Marisol was included in the slur, but I am pretty sure Khara and/or I were in the firing line.

It was hurtful in the extreme to see a snide insinuation that we might seek to subvert or disrupt this forum for some unstated cause and due to alliances elsewhere which it is perceived by some here that we might hold.1

We are both strong, opinionated, feisty and yes I suppose both quite snarky women.

We stand up against what we see as insulting, offensive or just plain wrong. And for ourselves. And occasionally for one another. But we do not, have not and will not ever conspire against anyone here - or anywhere else for that matter.

It may have slipped the notice of a few here, but there are very few back doors about either of us. "Up front" is how I like to think of myself, but I'd hazard a guess a few might describe it as
"in your face".

Well yes, that can be a pain in the jacksie. I can be a rude abrasive cow but as you see I can take comments thrown at me a personal sniping match in pretty good graces. But not accusations of the nature that PG cast. They are a bridge too far.

I am neither a sneak nor a traitor . Nor is Khara. And I was grossly insulted by the implication that we may be.

1: We do not btw hold any such alliances.

THIS!

"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »

No you are not sneaks or traitors. You are some of the most loyal members here.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »

Tresss trot yourself out.  Previously banned members will be banned again.   I know tpg and she wouldnt defend someone like she did you without reason.  I think you are a girl because the other person I think you would be has never shown himself to be a liar, ever.  I totally understand why that person would have issues with me as well based on whatever.   Believe it or not, I am happy for you both.  If I am wrong, i am wrong.  I can live with it.  So tressss, who are you?
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »

Tresss trot yourself out.  Previously banned members will be banned again.   I know tpg and she wouldnt defend someone like she did you without reason.  I think you are a girl because the other person I think you would be has never shown himself to be a liar, ever.  I totally understand why that person would have issues with me as well based on whatever.   Believe it or not, I am happy for you both.  If I am wrong, i am wrong.  I can live with it.  So tressss, who are you?

Hello,

Firstly, I am replying specifically to your message simply because you're NOT being willfully rude or slanderous. I will not reply to outwards hostility or negativity. It's senseless, and frankly embarrassing. How do you expect to understand something when you're so occupied with hate..?

Having read this thread (Mostly baseless accusation and ignorance), it feels as if I have committed gross sins against mankind and should be publicly hanged for my terrible misdeeds.

I only said the word whore. I didn't kill your cat. Furthermore, I never aimed it at anyone! I didn't call anyone a whore. Not women,  not men, not gods. I didn't use it in such a context. What I did do though was try to honestly compare my 'Virgin-Whore' construct to the Planet Venus. What does that have to do with Venus..? Well if I have a personal construct for looking at the universe, then it's perfectly applicable in that context.

I made attempts to explain, but sadly they were ignored or forgotten. 

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »

I admittedly take responsibility for "hostile actions" taken against you. I simply stated when you made your ORIGINAL post in this topic that it could be considered offensive to call a DEITY a whore. And to keep in mind there are people on this board that are LEARNING the Wiccan religion and that your reference of virgin/whore could cause issues for them in future dealings with other Wiccans and Pagans. I have listened to what you feel ad simply ASKED that you considered how others would perceive your terminology. Yet, you have seemed to taken that as an attack and attacked myself, Khara, Marisol and others. I'm tired of it. And I'm TIRED of repeating myself and the same argument. Either you can agree to disagree and keep in mind that certain terms shouldn't be used to mixed company or find another place to associate with people of your same mindset. Simply put, would you walk into a predominately black neighborhood and start throwing around the N word? Or in better perspective, would you walk into a Catholic Mass and call all of the attendants child molesters? All I ask for is respect and consideration of others' feelings and perspective. YOU can call YOUR Goddess a "whore", but DO NOT offend MY Goddess with that derogatory term. If you choose to do so, she MAY just open a sinkhole under your house.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »

Isn't Venus also the Morning Star, as well as the Evening Star..? I've seen it (At least I think it was Venus!) shining quite brightly just after sunset, and again just before sunrise. Morning would correlate more with the Virgin for me, while evening is for the Whore. I love how Venus has that double life.
I'm still speculating though...It is early days for me exploring my path. Each day adds a small piece to the puzzle. :-)

The bolded text bit. That's where you said it. The lady of the evening metaphor seems a quite literal correlation for you and the goddess from this.

Btw: Your attempts at "explanation" did indeed some off as quite aggressive and personal. To more than the poster you aimed them at.

Obviously you won't respond to this. You've said so haven't you? Just as PG has failed to respond to the PM I sent asking for clarification on what she was accusing whom of. Just as Blue refused to respond to any PM's I sent him. Just as Blue consistently refuses to respond to the thread created in his dishonour.

You'd have made good bomber pilots the lot of you. Drop explosive devices on unsuspecting targets from a great height and then bugger off ahead of the anti aircraft guns.

But you all lack the stones for hand to hand combat with a similarly equipped opponent.

Well you know what you need to recall? Dresden was almost levelled by that kind of coward, but it's still there to this day.

The strong women of Wicca were here before you lot arrived. And they will be here still when the paltry energy of your weapons has long dissipated.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:55 PM »

Tresss, I have to take you at your word.  I apologize if I offended you.

Please do not refer to the Goddess as a W.  It upsets me and I take great offensive to it.  I see no aspects in my Goddess as that.  Your own deffinitons I don't agree with.  Nothing personal, but I hope you understand my feelings in the matter.

No issues with you personally, unless you are someone else.

Honesty is the best policy, so be honest with me.  PM about it.  I am willing to talk to you.   
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:45:53 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2012, 03:36:57 AM »

Think your right EBS , there is something so familiar isn't there .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2012, 07:00:13 AM »

Hello,

Firstly, I am replying specifically to your message simply because you're NOT being willfully rude or slanderous. I will not reply to outwards hostility or negativity. It's senseless, and frankly embarrassing. How do you expect to understand something when you're so occupied with hate..?

Having read this thread (Mostly baseless accusation and ignorance), it feels as if I have committed gross sins against mankind and should be publicly hanged for my terrible misdeeds.

I only said the word whore. I didn't kill your cat. Furthermore, I never aimed it at anyone! I didn't call anyone a whore. Not women,  not men, not gods. I didn't use it in such a context. What I did do though was try to honestly compare my 'Virgin-Whore' construct to the Planet Venus. What does that have to do with Venus..? Well if I have a personal construct for looking at the universe, then it's perfectly applicable in that context.

I made attempts to explain, but sadly they were ignored or forgotten.

No you made attempts to tell us how we were wrong.  You completely ignored responses directed towards you.  Instead answering nastily responses that were to other people in the thread.

Sad you didn't read my post, it showed where you started the issue with me, not the other way around, but you know, I expect shit like this from spineless dicks.  Don't think I don't know exactly who you are. 
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2012, 07:15:14 AM »

Tresss, I have to take you at your word.  I apologize if I offended you.

Please do not refer to the Goddess as a W.  It upsets me and I take great offensive to it.  I see no aspects in my Goddess as that.  Your own deffinitons I don't agree with.  Nothing personal, but I hope you understand my feelings in the matter.

No issues with you personally, unless you are someone else.

Honesty is the best policy, so be honest with me.  PM about it.  I am willing to talk to you.

What are you willing to talk to me about..?

Anyway, even though I don't personally see whore as an inherent epithet (And the same goes for all words) I probably should have used a little more foresight when putting such words out there. I didn't think as fast as I was typing.

It's difficult with internet message boards as well. The written word cannot convey much intent or expression, so often the actual meaning becomes confused. It is understandable.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2012, 07:21:08 AM »

No you made attempts to tell us how we were wrong.  You completely ignored responses directed towards you.  Instead answering nastily responses that were to other people in the thread.

Sad you didn't read my post, it showed where you started the issue with me, not the other way around, but you know, I expect shit like this from spineless dicks.  Don't think I don't know exactly who you are.

Who-do-you-think-you-are talking-to-in-your-head..?
You seem very paranoid about something. I don't know quite what you are getting at, but your insults have little effect on me.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:42 AM »

Who-do-you-think-you-are talking-to-in-your-head..?
You seem very paranoid about something. I don't know quite what you are getting at, but your insults have little effect on me.

Yes, I'm sure they don't.  Run back to your little leader and tell the fvcking a$$hole that sending shit to people's work emails is not only grimey as hell, but if I get fired for it, god himself/herself who the fvck ever will not be able to save him.

He already outed your ass so I don't give two shits about you!

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »

Yes, I'm sure they don't.  Run back to your little leader and tell the fvcking a$$hole that sending shit to people's work emails is not only grimey as hell, but if I get fired for it, god himself/herself who the fvck ever will not be able to save him.

He already outed your ass so I don't give two shits about you!

I wouldn't normally tolerate this, and I'd usually just get on with my life, but I give you my word that whoever you think I am, I don't know...some old enemy of yours, I am not.

That's quite enough of this nonsense I think.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2012, 09:08:20 AM »

I have no idea who he is and I still think he's a dick.

It stands out like dog's balls.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:10:34 AM by Scorched Eartha »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up