Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 23, 2014, 02:15:19 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Original Sin  (Read 7172 times)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: Original Sin
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »

Apologies are always nice to see.
So what part of the UK you from....that's a Cockney phrase isn't it?
Even in Wales.
Dark magus, taking the piss is a very common phrase all over the UK and Ireland, not just London.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2011, 04:41:38 AM »

What was it? Does anyone have any specific ideas? With all the tongue biting going on, I'm sure some could conjure up a few to respond accordingly.

I like this thread, and I appreciate the angles it has taken. It has come to my attention that the original sin of man may have been all those things mentioned and then some... For 'man' to stray in his dependence upon God seems to be the most fitting. It wasn't more those other things, it was perhaps the wedge of rebellion, the desire of independence from God in which sin originates. Thus, witchcraft defined... biblically. Does anyone else share this train of thought?
Behold the harshness of light, embrace the comfort of darkness.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2011, 06:47:10 AM »

I think the original Sin, if we must have such a thing, (even if only as a theoretical level to give the Theologists something to argue over) must have occurred, when St Paul sat down to iron out his Carrot/Stick technique.

I mean, as a Carrot, Eternal Salvation sounds very nice, wholly unfounded, but in a harmless kind of way.  But inventing the whole concept of "Sin" to pair it with?
That takes a very 'Special' kind of Evil, considering the uses The Church has put it to over the years.   
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »

Yes, well, Serp, the church is not God. She may have been meant as a symbolic wedded wife, coupled to Gos, but she was not ever meant to represent Him, wholey. Therein lies great confusion, to sodden God and God's Holiness with the workings of 'the church'.  :-X

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »

No it's not. But it wasn't so very long ago you would have been burned for saying that. By the same team that brought us the concept of "Sin" in the first place.

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2011, 06:02:16 AM »

This has kinda led me into a thread starter.... I hope you will respond, as you seem to be the most perfect opposition at times to my way of thinking, serp.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »

Babies are born without sin.  How can a baby have already sinned?  The whole concept of original sin is bs.  I apologize to our Christian members who still hold on to that archaric system of beliefs.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:16:15 AM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »

Babies are born without sin.  How can a baby have already sinned?  The whole concept of original sin is bs.  I apologize to our Christian members who still hold on to that archaric system of beliefs.

So true that. And of the big three monotheist religions, Christianity is the only one which insists that there is an original sin staining us all. Islam and Judaism specifically state that all children are born sinless and that a child cannot commit a sin, as they are too young and innocent to be deemed capable of grasping the concept.

For both these religions, you become responsible to god for your actions at adolescence, when you have entered the adult world and are expected to know the tenets of your faith.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »

Babies may be born without Sin, but I think there's a celestial loophole that allows them to be punished for the Sins of their Fathers up to, and including the seventh generation. Always read the small print, the O.T was largely written by Jews, and they're buggers when it comes to points of Law or Scripture. 

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2011, 12:47:02 PM »

Babies may be born without Sin, but I think there's a celestial loophole that allows them to be punished for the Sins of their Fathers up to, and including the seventh generation. Always read the small print, the O.T was largely written by Jews, and they're buggers when it comes to points of Law or Scripture.

Wow. I'm impressed.  8)

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »

Exodus 34:7 "He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the grandchildren to the third and fourth generation"

Ezekiel 18:20 "The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity"

Just one of those Biblical contradictions that the True Believer tries to pretend don't exist......

Alchymist
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
    • Snake's Myspace Page (The Snake Pit)
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »

Exodus 34:7 "He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the grandchildren to the third and fourth generation"

Ezekiel 18:20 "The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity"

Just one of those Biblical contradictions that the True Believer tries to pretend don't exist......

Alchymist

And the Bible is full of them.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."--Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »

I've seen a fair few contradictions in these very forums too, believe it or not.

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »

I've seen a fair few contradictions in these very forums too, believe it or not.

Since the Bible was written by humans, and, as far as I can tell, all postings on this forum have been written by humans, and humans tend to be a contradictory, ornery, emotion-driven species....... what do you expect?

Alchymist
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2011, 09:09:11 PM »

Alchemist, do you not appreciate the fact that the bible, though massively cut down and minimized is from some of the oldest manuscripts ever found? Do you understand the potential regeneration, rebirth of some of the most fascinatingly secret times of man's existance? Think about the role of a preacher/pastor.... His words, "Close your eyes, bow your heads, and let's pray...." An accomplished preacher/pastor can be, by all rights/rites considered an illusionist... I find it amazing how so few seem to link the most devout, restrictive, completely controversial lifestyles of the most religious families and the potential, however rudimentary, activation of DNA, provoking some of the most profound minds among us.

But those are just my thoughts...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up