Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 18, 2014, 05:29:12 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Original Sin  (Read 7714 times)

Old Stoneface

• Cypress
  • "I don't wanna be nice..." - John Cooper Clarke
Re: Original Sin
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:08 AM »

I came here looking for some original sin simply because I'm fed up with the old familiar ones. I want to try a new and original sin, and thought someone would have a couple of pointers.
Ah well, the search continues...
"I don't believe we can move on spiritually until we rid ourselves of religion." - Stonefather III

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »

Don't know who Pat Robertson is.

You don't want to know.  It's not even worth your time to goggle the guy.  Dead serious about that.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »

You don't want to know.  It's not even worth your time to goggle the guy.  Dead serious about that.
OK, I know the type. Billy Graham's aspy kid, on meth.

And ftr, I'd just like to make it clear that I've never goggled in guy in my life.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »

I've begun to think of the story of the Fall as a story about when man became self aware and could recognize the harm one could do to another. Iirc, the bible speaks of humans knowing the difference between right and wrong. Seems like the beginning of consciousness to me.

And then by knowing, having the freedom to choose, for good or bad...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2011, 07:58:10 PM »

And ftr, I'd just like to make it clear that I've never goggled in guy in my life.

ROAR!  I just harkened back to an Andrew "Dice" Clay routine!
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 04:54:30 AM »

I had a priest tell me something interesting about confession. He said it got really boring in there hearing the same sins over and over. Apparently sin can be really monotonous.  :-p

I came here looking for some original sin simply because I'm fed up with the old familiar ones. I want to try a new and original sin, and thought someone would have a couple of pointers.
Ah well, the search continues...
Power corrupts not only those that wield power, but also those that submit to it.  ~Louis L'amour

Interested in a blog about Catholic Seminary and escaping the Catholic Charismatic Renewal?  http://elquesograndeblog.wordpress.com/

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 04:55:29 AM »

And then by knowing, having the freedom to choose, for good or bad...

Exactly.
Power corrupts not only those that wield power, but also those that submit to it.  ~Louis L'amour

Interested in a blog about Catholic Seminary and escaping the Catholic Charismatic Renewal?  http://elquesograndeblog.wordpress.com/

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 01:26:22 PM »

Exactly.

Which is why Esoteric Judaism views the serpent as a catalyst, not an enemy...
~Anonymous

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »

Which is why Esoteric Judaism views the serpent as a catalyst, not an enemy...

Some of the theological gymnastics that Christianity is forced into in order to explain the "Problem of Evil" can be quite entertaining.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »

Some of the theological gymnastics that Christianity is forced into in order to explain the "Problem of Evil" can be quite entertaining.

absolutely agree... ;D
~Anonymous

Raven Star

• Elm
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »

Ok,so the church at that time had to do something to suppress the locals and get them to follow the church...They make up the devil story to scare the bejeeies out of them,then theres hell,(theres another stories to scare them) etc. you get my drift...But they can't beat all of them so they add pagan beliefs into the church to get them to fall in line...

We know the church is behind all of this,so,what if the "original Sin" is the church? They take away from the Pagans,get rid of the Goddess belief,add theirs,torture,kill destory,steal...Think about it...The Church is hiding so much and we may never really know just all of what they do have...Unless the church falls,and I had someone tell me not long ago that it is already happening...Which,I'm not too sure of that myself,the people are not going to let that happen..But what if it really was the Church?
Crones don't day they just get wiser.

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »

Ok,so the church at that time had to do something to suppress the locals and get them to follow the church...They make up the devil story to scare the bejeeies out of them,then theres hell,(theres another stories to scare them) etc. you get my drift...But they can't beat all of them so they add pagan beliefs into the church to get them to fall in line...

We know the church is behind all of this,so,what if the "original Sin" is the church? They take away from the Pagans,get rid of the Goddess belief,add theirs,torture,kill destory,steal...Think about it...The Church is hiding so much and we may never really know just all of what they do have...Unless the church falls,and I had someone tell me not long ago that it is already happening...Which,I'm not too sure of that myself,the people are not going to let that happen..But what if it really was the Church?

Interesting, but I think the timeline may be a bit out of order.  :)  The concept of original sin originates (lol) with St. Paul, when he muses that "just as sin entered the world with one man, so with one man (Jesus) was sin defeated" (I'm paraphrasing).

The mass conversions that are normally associated with the integration of northern European paganism is still hundreds of years in the future.  In Paul's time, Christianity is still struggling with its identity as a separate branch of Judaism.

I know that there are mentions of the Devil and Hell in the New Testament, however I'm not sure if these were later additions to the texts.  I do know that the idea of a Devil and fiery eternal punishment may have started with the Etruscans and then worked it's way into Jewish Apocalyptic thinking and from there into Christianity.

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 07:33:37 AM »

Not necessarily a bad thing... he's the leader of the "700 Club", a Christian TV ministry.  Basically, he's waaaaayyyyy over the top even for a Christian like me...

He's not as bad as Jack Chick.   ;D ;D ;D

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »

He's not as bad as Jack Chick.   ;D ;D ;D

Whoa... ya got me on that one... definitely true...
~Anonymous

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 10:34:58 AM »

Original sin is from the Old Testament..... 

Adam and Eve..... 

Loooooooooong before any Saints came into the picture. 

People learn your bible. 

"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up