Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 14, 2014, 05:58:03 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original Sin  (Read 6244 times)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: Original Sin
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2011, 11:01:32 PM »

I've seen a fair few contradictions in these very forums too, believe it or not.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, nothing will ever stop my belief in that.

Do me a personal favor and don't go here.  Why stir the pot?  I do understand its purpose though.  I won't expound on that any.  I think you know why.  I really don't ask many favors.  I usually don't make them public either.  I never forget favors. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:49:26 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »

When looking at contradictions, it's important to be aware that the "Bible" wasn't written as a cohesive text, but was assembled from a multitude of other works, basically as a power structure and means to gain political influence.  Gnosticism is almost completely omitted, and much of what we find in the New Testament was the work of Paul, who was almost certainly either a Gentile, or a late conversion to Judaism, especially considering that almost all of the works ascribed to him are in conflict with Judaism itself, and Jesus was, first and foremost, a Jew.

What most people refer to as "Christianity" is actually only Christian-based religion, using the Bible as it's canonical text; many gospels, which we've discovered via the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Apocryphal books in the Catholic Bible, between the Old Testament and the New Testament, and the library at Hammurabi, were omitted.  It's natural, under those circumstances, for there to be inconsistencies when examined in fine detail, since they're different works, by different authors, many with completely different perspectives.

There is sooooo much more to Christianity than the "Bible", but unfortunately, most of the religions founded on Christianity use it as the only common canonical reference...
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »

It is necessary to understand how the different applications have tempered history. It seems so many choose the words over the works.  ???
Behold the harshness of light, embrace the comfort of darkness.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »

Words are what shape our common reality. It pays not to underestimate their power.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

iridescence

• Rowan
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »

No, of course not. Works considered without words are perhaps just as lacking.
Behold the harshness of light, embrace the comfort of darkness.

Amor

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »

Those Catholics...I tell ya.

I was raised Catholic! I left as soon as I could!!

As for the topic...No idea. Maybe the invention or creation of sin itself was the origal sin. Or am I over thinking the issue?

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »

I was raised Catholic! I left as soon as I could!!

As for the topic...No idea. Maybe the invention or creation of sin itself was the origal sin. Or am I over thinking the issue?
There are no "ex Catholics", only lapsed ones.

But yes, you've hit the nail right on the head with your concept of Sin. If we must have "Sin", then let it be the very idea of "Sin" itself, and may it's creators alone suffer damnation for it.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up