Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 01:01:03 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wand Wood for me  (Read 601 times)

Baschlesser

• Elm
  • ~Bryan
Wand Wood for me
« on: March 31, 2013, 07:13:43 PM »

I've really wanted to make myself a wand. I have a stick from an apple tree that I pruned lately. I'm going to use it. However, I've also been REALLY drawn to Willow. Should I go ahead and make the Apple wand and then make a Willow wand later, or start with the Willow?

I like the properties of both woods. Though Willow fits me better, the Apple is still a *really* good match for me.

Thanks everyone!,
~Bryan.
~In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust.

~Cunning is Key.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Wand Wood for me
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »

All tre's have their own power , cut a  branch lessint it find one that has fallen one that the tree has given up , each wand depending on the tree or bush has power within their range , You can not us one for all magic learn what each one can have power to control . and never misused what they give to you.

" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:39:07 PM »

One of the very, (VERY), few "truths" one can find in popular culture on this issue is that "the wand chooses you".

When it is right, you'll know.

You may have a pretty stick of apple.  Or oak.  Or buttonwood that you found...that might just be it!

But, it might NOT be.  When it is right, there will be NO doubt.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:46:24 AM »

It never hurts to practice on wood that does not have other uses. 

You never know, there may be someone else on the Path you know that the apple wand is for and you don't even know it yet.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 08:18:04 AM »

"Back in the day", when I was allowed to use my lathe, (it was manually powered...no electric motors on my products, thank you!), I made wands of all sorts of wood.  Both fallen and reclaimed.  Every one of them found a home but almost none of them found the homes I THOUGHT they would...
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up