Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 20, 2014, 09:15:46 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WICCAN VS WITCH  (Read 9561 times)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
Re: WICCAN VS WITCH
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »

I enjoy watching Harry Potter and think it would be great if Hogworts was a real school and I could go.
But that's just the little-girl in me, the person who so wants to discover that fairies are really real and some form of magic does exist in this often awful world.
Long live the VW Combi.

On this level, I'm there with you.  I am not a little boy, but I can fully understand the sentiment.  I think that part of my obstinacy to the media portrayals has to do with, precisely, that Potter-esque magic is not "real" but sincerely wish it was!

Combi...hmm....OH!  "Microbus"!  Gotcha.  Bah.

I agree, though, with Khara...when I find myself in the "middle of it" I make my way out of it.  Being sure to make enough waves for those standing in it neck deep to appreciate my having been there.  Discernment is a key.  A key that you pick up, hopefully, early in your journey and, more hopefully, do not lose along the way.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:23:46 PM by C_A »
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2012, 08:10:33 PM »

I respect what you guys say, really I do. But what works for one may not work for an other. C_A, you are obviously a very grounded person. Khara, never afraid to say what you feel and think and I can imagine you telling some hippie that he's a jerk in no uncertain terms.

These things all work for you guys and are very appropriate and real.

Me, I'm not really looking for that "nugget of wisdom" as I don't think I'll ever trully find it. Deep down I guess I believe it's all just rubbish and yet I just can't leave it alone.

I'm not a leader nor have I ever imagined myself to be. I'm not grounded like C_A. I'm not confident enough to be direct and to the point like Khara. If I found a David Caresh (spelling?) I'd probably follow him. Maybe it would give some meaning to my life. And now having said that and just read it to myself, maybe that's what I'm missing in my life. Maybe that's why I apparently "waste my time" listening to new age hippies and even the wankers. I don't think it's "wasted time".

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »

I wrote something on a different site earlier today. Let me copy a portion that might apply here. Hopefully it makes a bit of sense.

We read, we talk, we compare ideas. But in the end it comes down to each of us finding one single truth that we can grasp and hold onto no matter what. From that one truth, we may develope a belief system for "us". Any one can teach you about any type of religion you can name. But, no one can teach you what you want to learn about spirituality. That comes from you and you alone.

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »

Perhaps C_A. Perhaps I just need to know myself first, as from my past posts it seems to me that I'm looking for something yet I don't know what it is nor where to even find it.

From where I sit (here at my computer station in my bedroom) you all seem so well versed, so well read and informative. I could even say that I'm often intimidated by the pure quality and relevance of the posts you guys write and that I then read. I often ask myself if I could ever keep up? Could I possibly say something equally as wise? Could I ever be that "grown up" because in reality that's how I feel upon this forum - so immature and uneducated.

I could never write upon the level of Serpentium, be as bold as Khara, as mature as Dark Magus, as realistic as you. I used to read so much but lately I'm too impatient to read a book, the information dosn't come fast enough for me. I feel like I've got to hurry up and catch up, like all those years in prison have somehow put me behind. So when someone presents a "truth" I may tend to grasp a hold of it with both hands were you guys would merely call it "foolery" and move on. I feel like I'm running out of time.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2012, 01:15:52 AM »

Perhaps C_A. Perhaps I just need to know myself first, as from my past posts it seems to me that I'm looking for something yet I don't know what it is nor where to even find it.

From where I sit (here at my computer station in my bedroom) you all seem so well versed, so well read and informative. I could even say that I'm often intimidated by the pure quality and relevance of the posts you guys write and that I then read. I often ask myself if I could ever keep up? Could I possibly say something equally as wise? Could I ever be that "grown up" because in reality that's how I feel upon this forum - so immature and uneducated.

I could never write upon the level of Serpentium, be as bold as Khara, as mature as Dark Magus, as realistic as you. I used to read so much but lately I'm too impatient to read a book, the information dosn't come fast enough for me. I feel like I've got to hurry up and catch up, like all those years in prison have somehow put me behind. So when someone presents a "truth" I may tend to grasp a hold of it with both hands were you guys would merely call it "foolery" and move on. I feel like I'm running out of time.

Well you are young in many ways. You've had two major restarts in your life. First you had to re-start not only as an ostensibly male person who identifies as a woman but who physically is a woman and who is recognised by the outside world (if not always the Bureaucracy) as one .

Then you got banged up for 15 years and had to re-start life as a free woman, not an incarcerated one.You suffered the agonies of the damned during your term. You've got to live knowing that a lot of people will always judge you by your past deeds and not your future or potential ones. And somehow you've got to forge a place oin this new world which went to hell in V8 Super-car while you were inside.

That's a bloody big ask mate.

You're all the time knocking yourself and looking at what's bad about you and what's lacking about you and what you don't know. How smart you aren't. What and whom you can't compete alongside.

Wake up to yourself Michelle. You ought to know far better than I that anyone who can survive what you've survived. Who can do 15 years and come out whole. Who furthermore managed to forge a deeply close, committed and sincere, non expoloitative personal human relationship while in there. One which to this day she recalls with affection and joy alondside the sadnessatf the loss of it.  A person who has returned to the free world with all its temptations and shiny distractions. With all the possibilities there are and the myriad ways in which you could have screwed up...and not done so.

Anyone who can do all that....baby if we could bottle what you've got that we dont have..... we  could solve all the ills of the bloody world.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2012, 01:57:57 AM »

Sorry SE , never heard it before . My apology.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2012, 02:01:20 AM »

Sorry SE , never heard it before . My apology.

No offence to me mate. I stole it off the Discordians. It's a good one though, innit?
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2012, 02:46:47 AM »

Let's just put it all down to a crappy self-image then. And we all have our "new beginnings", all of us. You also girl.

Now. Where were we with this thread again?

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2012, 04:01:57 AM »

Yes it's agood one SE.

" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2012, 05:54:50 AM »

Well you are young in many ways. You've had two major restarts in your life. That's a bloody big ask mate.

....AND the rest of that post.  freekingooodone it was!
Applause and stuff!

“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2012, 05:56:27 AM »

Now. Where were we with this thread again?

We just turned back around after I split the thread.  I believe it's you're shout.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2012, 05:59:54 AM »

....so immature and uneducated.

I could never write upon the level of Serpentium, be as bold as Khara, as mature as Dark Magus, as realistic as you.

Me too and me either.  Seriously.

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2012, 04:02:25 AM »

Great. So......., back to the original thread then?  :-\

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »

Great. So......., back to the original thread then?  :-\

Indeed.  Not that I don't feel as if it hasn't been adequately covered, but hey...

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2012, 06:27:39 PM »

Yeah I guess. It's just that I love a good debate.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up