Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 10:48:32 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WICCAN VS WITCH  (Read 9410 times)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: WICCAN VS WITCH
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 08:56:37 PM »

I know quite a few people who refer to themselves as a witch.  The word title might not of been the best choice of words but hopefully you got my meaning.  Intent, is everything.  If the person doesn't achieve her/his intent with the spells they cast, I don't think they should be called a witch.

I can't answer for doom monkey but if I wasn't a Wiccan but considered myself a witch, I could see where your use of the word vague could be insulting to some people.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:03:31 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »

I think that today people are overly sensitive to words. To many take what another says as an insult even when they do not mean it to be . At times I think we forget that the world has grown small , I have friends in this and other countries that phrase words in a different way that are not rude but if you don't know them you would think so. I do not know the age of all of you but for those that remember this it is so true, " STICKS AND STONES CAN BRAKE MY BONES BUT NAMES CAN NEVER HURT ME ". NOTHING CAN GET TO YOU UNLESS YOU LET IT . Peace be with you all , and it's always better to help then to hurt , someday you mite need help ( think on it ).
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »

I ..have really ejoyed this read, thank you very much. And yes I am a Wiccan and a Witch. I don't know everything about either one, but boy it sure is fun. Blessings to all.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2011, 02:05:31 AM »

Good Marisol we realy need more Wiccan Witches and I'm Not making fun of you I truly mean it . I' An old school Pagan Witch .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
    • Snake's Myspace Page (The Snake Pit)
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »

As far as official titles go, my friends call me "Reverend Snake".   ;D

<--legally ordained and registered in Minnesota.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."--Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 07:52:31 PM »

...but then I might have to question exactly where you draw the line with magic. Surely any expression of intent is magic,

THIS.

And it goes to the point that ALL Wiccans are witches.

"Oh, I'm Wiccan but I never practice magic"....

DO YOU have rituals? 

YES=Practicing magic.  You can't do it without.  Casting a Circle, Calling the Quarters, ALL of it

NO= You're not Wiccan.

That easy.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 08:21:33 AM »

As far as official titles go, my friends call me "Reverend Snake".   ;D

<--legally ordained and registered in Minnesota.
I'm legally ordained but not registered in CA.  I sorta have a problem w/ the govt getting in bed w/ me.  That may change as my daughter is engaged and wants mom to marry her.  :p
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »

Well...I have no problems in Maine.  Didn't have any in NJ either....
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »

There is food for thought here.  I think I understand what you're saying.

For example - I use reiki.  My knowledge of energetic healing can be turned to destructive purposes, if I choose.  But I would not say that my unwillingness to use this knowledge for destruction doesn't limit my effectiveness as a healer.

Make sense?

I agree completely... it's that the energy is a double (or more) edged blade, and can be used for good or bane.  What you said is essentially what we were going for.  If you have the ability to heal, you have the ability(though not necessarily the predisposition) to curse.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

small-fry

• Meṁber
  • Alder
    • United Pagans Australia
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 01:37:33 AM »

I agree that Wicca is about being good and doing good things, but most witches are really nice and non-evil. I've spoken to witches and i mean the good kind, and they use good magick most of the time. The only time the good witches use bad magick is when someone has made them angry, or hurt them. But in general, an average witch is good, same with most Wiccans. I myself am a Wiccan, I have never even been interested in the "Dark Path". But thats on guy's opinion.
No Wiccan Ever Finds Peace Down The Dark Path...

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »

I agree that Wicca is about being good and doing good things, but most witches are really nice and non-evil. I've spoken to witches and i mean the good kind, and they use good magick most of the time. The only time the good witches use bad magick is when someone has made them angry, or hurt them. But in general, an average witch is good, same with most Wiccans. I myself am a Wiccan, I have never even been interested in the "Dark Path". But thats on guy's opinion.

Magic isn't good or bad; Magic is; not all Wiccans are witches, and many witches aren't Wiccan.  There are a lot of witches out there who practice as they see fit; I agree with them completely...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

morningdove

• Ash
  • At home
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »

I think that today people are overly sensitive to words. To many take what another says as an insult even when they do not mean it to be . At times I think we forget that the world has grown small , I have friends in this and other countries that phrase words in a different way that are not rude but if you don't know them you would think so. I do not know the age of all of you but for those that remember this it is so true, " STICKS AND STONES CAN BRAKE MY BONES BUT NAMES CAN NEVER HURT ME ". NOTHING CAN GET TO YOU UNLESS YOU LET IT . Peace be with you all , and it's always better to help then to hurt , someday you mite need help ( think on it ).

You are totally correct. It is all a matter of choice in how you react to what others say to you. If you choose to not allow it to bother you then it wont. That helped me get through my teens.
Getting healthy so I have no more big "C" scares.

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »

For me being a witch is what and who I am.  It is a part of my every day life, my spirituality and my worship.  I practice a craft that does not limit itself to petty good and evil definitions.  I do what it takes to get the job done.

This.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

NyghtReine

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2011, 04:38:44 PM »

This.

And this.

I agree with the school of people believing what they want to believe. I know that Witch is a funny word to people. If I tell people on the street I'm a Witch then they think about either Harry Potter or Green-skinned hags on broomsticks or Devil-worshipping. Long story short, people believe what they want to believe and nothing that I say will ever change their mind. The end.

To me, Wiccan and Witch have always meant the same. So when I tell people I'm Wiccan, they wait until after I've left to judge me.
Dancing through life

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2011, 04:55:48 AM »

And this.

I agree with the school of people believing what they want to believe. I know that Witch is a funny word to people. If I tell people on the street I'm a Witch then they think about either Harry Potter or Green-skinned hags on broomsticks or Devil-worshipping. Long story short, people believe what they want to believe and nothing that I say will ever change their mind. The end.

To me, Wiccan and Witch have always meant the same. So when I tell people I'm Wiccan, they wait until after I've left to judge me.
Hrry Poter is a wizerd, knot a witch.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up