Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 26, 2014, 06:49:47 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WICCAN VS WITCH  (Read 9650 times)

Jewel

Re: WICCAN VS WITCH
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »

I wish to thank all who gave a response to my query. Your time in giving an answer is well appreciated.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »

To all I was not being rude , if you think so I apologize . What I wanted to say is sometimes to ask the opinion of other can show that the person asking thinks they are asking those that may have knowledge that do not and respice them for that ..... okay . oldghost
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »

Emphasis mine...

If we're going to continue this inanity, I might as well jump in and say that this part makes me cringe.

It is utter and absolute nonsense.  Poetically or otherwise.  I for ONE WICCAN point of view am good and tired of fifteen-year-old girls using Rainbow Brites for POPPETS and My Little Ponys as representations of the Divine...AND CALLING IT WICCA because Wicca seems just.."Soooo....I don't know, like, all sweet and light and junk"...

In the "Transient and Mutable Laws of THE World As We Know It(tm)" it states:

Rule NUMBER ONE:  You will not cure if you will not curse; you will not heal if you will not hex.
I think that part makes most people cringe, and is a big contributary factor in how many people see Wicca. It also attracts the "Fluffys", and the "M'cWiccans" and that also doesn't do Wicca any favours either.
Also, when you consider the amount of "literature" that surrounds Wicca from authors like that stupid Moonsilver wolfy woman, it's no wonder there are so many risible examples of "Wiccans" about.   
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

morningdove

• Ash
  • At home
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 03:33:59 PM »

Emphasis mine...

If we're going to continue this inanity, I might as well jump in and say that this part makes me cringe.

It is utter and absolute nonsense.  Poetically or otherwise.  I for ONE WICCAN point of view am good and tired of fifteen-year-old girls using Rainbow Brites for POPPETS and My Little Ponys as representations of the Divine...AND CALLING IT WICCA because Wicca seems just.."Soooo....I don't know, like, all sweet and light and junk"...

Rule NUMBER ONE:  You will not cure if you will not curse; you will not heal if you will not hex.

Really really really wish the fourm had a LIKE button..I would use it here!
Getting healthy so I have no more big "C" scares.

morningdove

• Ash
  • At home
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »

I for one have no problem use magic or anything else to protect my family. I am more than willing to take the reprucusions that may come.

As I said..we all have good and bad in us..it is a balance. We cannot have one without the other.
Getting healthy so I have no more big "C" scares.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »

Really really really wish the fourm had a LIKE button..I would use it here!

This...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »

Wicca is a religion and witchcraft is a practice.  You don't have to be a Wiccan to be a witch or vice versa.  There are certain things a person must do/believe to be considered a Wiccan.  None of that is required to be a witch.  We have a couple of Christian witches that post here.
this.  Has nothing to do with white or any other colored witches.  your morals are yours. BUT If you are going to call yourself Wiccan, pls respect and learn the tenets of the reigion... esp so C_A doesn't have a coronary.   :o ;D
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »

this.  Has nothing to do with white or any other colored witches.  your morals are yours. BUT If you are going to call yourself Wiccan, pls respect and learn the tenets of the reigion... esp so C_A doesn't have a coronary.   :o ;D

Thank you sf...but I'm not prone to coronary.  Stroke, on the other hand...
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Nightsinger

• Elm
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »

Yay, Semantics

first to address the question.

A Wiccan is a witch, but a witch isn't always a Wiccan. Wiccan = practitioner of Wicca, Witch = umbrella term for a vague practitioner of magic.

To be entirely honest, being a Wiccan hardly prevents you for doing "black" magic, nor does being a witch mean that you can't only do "white" magic. Its all oranges and lemons to be honest anyway, since the whole good and evil magic stuff is mostly relative anyway. Magic is pretty much neutral, here was me thinking that the intent was the thing that was destructive or constructive.

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 10:26:03 PM »

Rule NUMBER ONE:  You will not cure if you will not curse; you will not heal if you will not hex.

Honestly, I don't quite follow you on this, unless you're saying that with the knowledge of healing also contains the knowledge of destruction, but I don't see how the willingness to cause harm is a prerequisite for bringing good.
Power corrupts not only those that wield power, but also those that submit to it.  ~Louis L'amour

Interested in a blog about Catholic Seminary and escaping the Catholic Charismatic Renewal?  http://elquesograndeblog.wordpress.com/

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »

Honestly, I don't quite follow you on this, unless you're saying that with the knowledge of healing also contains the knowledge of destruction, but I don't see how the willingness to cause harm is a prerequisite for bringing good.

I think that it's an allusion to the idea that both spring from the same source.  A witch who can't hex, can't heal...  in terms of causing harm, a hex can be a divine appeal for swift and final justice as well as a spiteful attack, in essence, a request for divinity to appraise the situation and act accordingly...
~Anonymous

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »

Yay, Semantics

first to address the question.

A Wiccan is a witch, but a witch isn't always a Wiccan. Wiccan = practitioner of Wicca, Witch = umbrella term for a vague practitioner of magic.

To be entirely honest, being a Wiccan hardly prevents you for doing "black" magic, nor does being a witch mean that you can't only do "white" magic. Its all oranges and lemons to be honest anyway, since the whole good and evil magic stuff is mostly relative anyway. Magic is pretty much neutral, here was me thinking that the intent was the thing that was destructive or constructive.

Your definition of a witch is highly insulting.

Please learn the difference as well as how to post it respectfully.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »

You can have no positive without the negative, there is no good without evil, Yin to Yang, chocolate to vanilla.....

Hence, how can you expect to achieve the positive in healing if you are unable to work the negative as well?

As for what a witch is.....  well it is painfully obvious that there are many thoughts on this.  Speaking as a witch, I don't put myself in any of the deifinitions given.

For me being a witch is what and who I am.  It is a part of my every day life, my spirituality and my worship.  I practice a craft that does not limit itself to petty good and evil definitions.  I do what it takes to get the job done. 
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 12:28:57 PM »

You can have no positive without the negative, there is no good without evil, Yin to Yang, chocolate to vanilla.....

A nice corollary to this is that vanilla is ADDED to most commercially made chocolates...
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 01:14:49 PM »

For me being a witch is what and who I am.  It is a part of my every day life, my spirituality and my worship.  I practice a craft that does not limit itself to petty good and evil definitions.  I do what it takes to get the job done. 

I think that's a really good explanation... beautifully articulated....

~Anonymous
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up