Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 29, 2014, 01:01:43 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WICCAN VS WITCH  (Read 8684 times)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: WICCAN VS WITCH
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »

Yeah I guess. It's just that I love a good debate.
How's your shoulder? I bet that was a bloody good debate.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2012, 02:48:51 AM »

Lol. I got into a fight with another transgender prisoner. Probably why i don't like other trannies all that much. Anyhow, the fight was over jelousy (I had a boyfriend and Melissa didn't) little did I know she had a shive on her. I actually thought I'd been punched or kicked during the fight but when the officers pulled us apart I was thrown to the ground. I was expecting to be handcuffed but instead they were all yelling at me to stay down and stay atill. That's when one of them said I had been stabbed and the knife was still in my back. For some reason that's when it began to hurt, though not all that much actually. That was the second time I had been stabbed in prison, the first time was when two guys went at it for no good reason I knew about. During the fight one pulled a shive and being "new and stupid" I jumped in to stop him from using it, got in his way, and ended up with a stab-wound to my right side for my trouble. Never did try to break up a fight after that.

Oh the memories. You have singular wit Serp  ;)

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2012, 06:44:53 PM »

Lol. I got into a fight with another transgender prisoner. Probably why i don't like other trannies all that much. Anyhow, the fight was over jelousy (I had a boyfriend and Melissa didn't) little did I know she had a shive on her. I actually thought I'd been punched or kicked during the fight but when the officers pulled us apart I was thrown to the ground. I was expecting to be handcuffed but instead they were all yelling at me to stay down and stay atill. That's when one of them said I had been stabbed and the knife was still in my back. For some reason that's when it began to hurt, though not all that much actually. That was the second time I had been stabbed in prison, the first time was when two guys went at it for no good reason I knew about. During the fight one pulled a shive and being "new and stupid" I jumped in to stop him from using it, got in his way, and ended up with a stab-wound to my right side for my trouble. Never did try to break up a fight after that.

Oh the memories. You have singular wit Serp  ;)

See what I mean about the things you've done I could never do? I saw a shive pulled in the MRP Education Centre once. Saw it go in the bloke's neck too...and I stood there with me dumb mouth open and a comic book in my hand, gawping. All I could think was at the Induction they had said to me "Don't ever show an inmate you're afraid or they'll leap on it."

So I thought I had to be cool while someone got shanked a metre from me. Too afraid to be afraid right?  Not even having the wit to take cover till the bloke I was teaching to read grabbed me and got me the hell out of the fallout zone. Now that's dumb. ;D

I suspect you're in fact incredibly courageous in many circumstances. That's really the most important ingedient in any quest for spiritual growth you know. You're well on a path...you just don't have a map yet. So what?  Take in the views till you see a sign is my advice. And stop to smell the sage.

I hear you're in the mines now...good money in that girl and not a lot to spend it on either. Is it fly in fly out? I hope it makes all the difference to your perception of yourself....the ability to gain some financial independence and a quality of life in your off hours...it helps to have a place of peace in which to achieve inner peace you know?

Good luck with that. I mean it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPjBpbgb2Kc&feature=fvsr
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »

HELLO Michelle how are ya doin? I've missed ya. If there is ever a fight , be on my side, coz I'm
not good at that. I would be the one screaming for help!
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2012, 06:14:48 AM »

Hey Marisol. I'm not much good in a fight either, hence my ending up in the hospital so often.

I have not forgot your last PM, just have not had the time to respond and your PM requires (and deserves) deep thought. Whoa, boy does it ever. Don't forget honey - ASIO is watching, so be careful.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »

This has been one heck of a thread!

But I need to nudge it back on topic.  Feel free to start a new one in Kiva.

Or...if the consensus is there, I'll split it for you.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »

We do seem to derail don't we?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »

We do seem to derail don't we?

It's part of our charm!  But when it starts getting to a page or more, time for "the nudge"...
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »

Threads naturally derail as people go off on tangents regarding one thought or another.  The real issue is when people don't let them flow to their natural end because I've seen some amazing stuff come out of derails that would otherwise never have been written.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »

Threads naturally derail as people go off on tangents regarding one thought or another.  The real issue is when people don't let them flow to their natural end because I've seen some amazing stuff come out of derails that would otherwise never have been written.
I agree, sometimes the derail is a natural progression of thought. Once the original idea has been beaten to death, sometimes a new direction is forged using the original idea or a reply as inspiration. But if this new idea is broken out of the original thread, all too often it losses that trigger that helped create it. The continuity is lost.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2012, 03:40:27 PM »

So...I guess the consensus is, "Shut up, Lou"!??!

FrankieG

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »

Wicca is a religion a way of life, you can be a witch and not practice Wicca

here is "Origins of the Rede"
http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wiccan-rede.html

The first written example of the Rede is from 1954 in Gardner's third book, The Meaning of Witchcraft . . .

"[Witches] are inclined to the morality of the legendary Good King Pausol [sic], "Do what you like so long as you harm no one."

It was not presented as a law or even guideline, but merely a moral inclination of witches.

Gardner was referring to a figure from Pierre Lou˙s' book, The Adventures of King Pausole, which was published in 1901 . . .

"I. Do no wrong to thy neighbor.

II. Observing this, do as thou pleasest."

Then Doreen Valiente gave us what has become the basis of the Wiccan Rede ...

"Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil,
An it harm none, do what ye will."

Valiente, who is responsible for polishing much of Gardner's work, recited this in a public speech in 1964, where it caught the imagination of many Wiccans.

This is a religion that respect nature and that lives on this planet. 
Witches can do curses but a Wiccan no...it's against the law of the rede...

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »

I beg to differ.

Please, feel free to read around the site some more.  In this thread and elsewhere.
We'll wait.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »

Wicca is a religion a way of life, you can be a witch and not practice Wicca

here is "Origins of the Rede"
http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wiccan-rede.html

The first written example of the Rede is from 1954 in Gardner's third book, The Meaning of Witchcraft . . .

Yes.Modern Wicca is very modern indeed.  It's as much an invented religion of the late 20th century as Discordianism or The Church of All Worlds .

Well I mean they all are, religions...all invented by men (or far less often by women) But they're not faith. They're not a pathway in themselves. They are sources of guidelines for those who seek such things. Guidelines which may or may not help you to attain and maintain a faith, but they are not in any way necessary for  faith to exist. IMHO they are far more often in fact barriers to faith developing fully and spreading more widely.

They're a construct. And as such prone to manipulation for the nefarious, power seeking and just plain control freak types among us. Who are btw legion.

"[Witches] are inclined to the morality of the legendary Good King Pausol [sic], "Do what you like so long as you harm no one."

It was not presented as a law or even guideline, but merely a moral inclination of witches.

Gardner was referring to a figure from Pierre Lou˙s' book, The Adventures of King Pausole, which was published in 1901 . . .

"I. Do no wrong to thy neighbor.

II. Observing this, do as thou pleasest."

Then Doreen Valiente gave us what has become the basis of the Wiccan Rede ...

"Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil,
An it harm none, do what ye will."

Valiente, who is responsible for polishing much of Gardner's work, recited this in a public speech in 1964, where it caught the imagination of many Wiccans.

This is a religion that respect nature and that lives on this planet. 

Sweeping generalisations without any evidential basis being presented to back them are your speciality line are they?

Because we have many sole practitioner Wiccans here as well as those associated with covens and structured practices. We have many witches who are not Wiccans and many pagans who are neither.  I have me suspicions there might even be an agnostic atheist or two lurking. I know for a fact there's at least one Christian. 

And you will not make many friends here by claiming an innate moral superiority or special authority for what you have decided is the authorised text in one faith (your own I take it)  over the many wisdoms, mysteries  and guidelines to be found within the others.

I'll give them in here. They do take the whole Interdenominational/interfaith thing rather seriously. And expect everyone's pathways to be viewed with respect.

I know very few Witches (read NONE) who cast curses and implying that it's kind of commonplace among them is ...oh what's the word I am looking for?

...Oh. Offensive! That's it. And wrong.
Just sayin'.

But hello and all that stuff too.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2012, 03:10:43 AM »

Well FrankieG, all I can really tell ya is if you want advise on Wicca, C_A is your best source to ask. He is 3rd degree Gardnarian I do believe.
As a first post, it seems some what pushy of you to come in make assertions about what is and what isn't.
It would be nice to see an intro with some indication of who you are, what you are, and how long you've been, before you start trying to teach us anything.
For all I know, you've spent the day reading spirituality.com and now think you know all you need to.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up