Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 26, 2014, 12:40:54 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you trully face death on your pathwalk?  (Read 2682 times)

Tiki

• Ash
Re: Do you trully face death on your pathwalk?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 05:48:55 PM »

I'm especially good at nearly getting killed outright, but not. Hit by cars, etc.

My only really scary times were hemorrhaging, though. There's something about massive bleeding that you can't stop that really puts things in a different light, LOL!

aedh

• Hawthorn
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »

I'm especially good at nearly getting killed outright, but not. Hit by cars, etc.

My only really scary times were hemorrhaging, though. There's something about massive bleeding that you can't stop that really puts things in a different light, LOL!

I once dropped a throwing knife on my leg. Bled for about 4 hours before it stopped. Why didn't I go to the hospital? I was hungover, and it was venous bleeding.

Midwitch

• Cypress
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 09:34:07 PM »

Again, that has nothing to do with you personally facing the possibility of your own death.  No doubt somewhat traumatic and upsetting, but then, so are many things.

No problem.

Yes I have had my heart stop on two occasions and was defibrillated back to life both times. I have since made it clear to my family that next time my heart stops it STAYS stopped. I prefer non-resus status for myself.

I have also had a couple of near misses with bleeding due to a bleeding disorder and once with Meningitis when my family were told I had an hour to live but the antibiotics did their job and I pulled through.

According to the doctor I do white water kayaking with (who argues black and blue that defibbing is a GOOD thing), we face death every time I navigate. He prefers the chicken run and speed, I prefer the excitement of chancing the harder route and maybe drowning. Its all good fun.

Toby Sparkle

• Alder
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »

When I was 14, I had meningococcal meningitus, and was in a coma for 10 days. I don't remember even falling ill, but for a week, I was hooked up to breathing machines, and could have died at any time. I do, however remember being aware at times that I was in the coma. There is no colour there, everyting is grey. I was dimly aware that there was another world, as if it was through opaque glass. Sometimes, I wasn't alone in there but I never saw anyone just sensed them. They were there to collect me, if I were to reach a point where I would consider taking a choice. I was aware of there being a choice, but there was no urgency to make it. I wasn't even aware what the choice was (but I am now) The place was grey, and there were no physical features. I had no body, but there wasn't any feeling of strangeness. The texture of the place was kind of greasy, like electrically charged, thicker than air, and if I had had any physical form, my hair would have been statically charged. The grey nothing had what felt like folds and corners too, although there was nothing to actually see or touch. The grey seemed to be an awareness, rather than a nothingness. There was always a sense of waiting, like an empty station. And then I was awake, and in hospital. I felt very old. I was weak, but recovered enough to return home in 4 days. I was left with only one complication. Before I was ill, I was right handed, and after I recovered I was left handed. I haven't been ill since. My dreams are now vivid and cinematic. I am often lucid during them, and at these times I am aware of the grey's presence, although not all enveloping me like before, just that  I know it is there.
Still it is waiting, but patient. Not in any hurry.  I am also aware that it is very close at all times, just a heartbeat away, in fact. But this isn't anything to cause concern, it's just that I familiarised myself with it, in my coma. You all are probably aware of it as well, but not having had it wrap you up, don't know what it is, just a vagueness. When you do see it, it will be familiar to you as well. So that is my relationship with death. A little more intimate than most people's, I suspect,  but I can live with that. It's not hostile, or longing to claim me, or anything, it's just there, on the boundary. Always peripheral. OK, Thanks, I be back.

Not all that Sparkles, is Toby Sparkle.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 10:34:18 AM »

Seven years ago, I had my heart cut out... (for repairs).
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Amber6

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 10:45:36 AM »

I'm terrified of death, but not my own.  I'm afraid of losing someone I love.  To be honest.  If there was one thing I wished it would be to not feel so much fear.

Rovay

• Rowan
  • A true fight is never about violence.
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2011, 04:57:24 AM »

I do not fear the death - I fear close-to-death experiences. Getting beaten up, for example. I have not faced death in the astral realm yet, because I am still not ready to venture in then - but I have no doubt I sooner or later will have to, if I am to become the shaman I dream to be. I just hope I won't the death-leading experience there won't raise up the same emotions as in real life.
I walk and stop with the earth.

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

I do not fear the death - I fear close-to-death experiences. Getting beaten up, for example. I have not faced death in the astral realm yet, because I am still not ready to venture in then - but I have no doubt I sooner or later will have to, if I am to become the shaman I dream to be. I just hope I won't the death-leading experience there won't raise up the same emotions as in real life.

... Well it really depends on the person.  This is a subject you might want to start a thread on if we don't already have one.
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

Nixie

• Oak
  • I am the accident waiting to happen!
    • The Spiritual Nexus
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 11:47:17 AM »

I personally am not afraid of dying, I already have once.

In 2009 I had an operation a simple operation, nothing life threatening at all, but my blood pressure plummeted so fast I crashed. It took the doctors almost 2 minutes to revive me.
Six years earlier I caught a virus and my immune system began killing healthy cells instead, putting it simply I was very ill. When I was in hospital I began making plans for what I wanted to happen to me after I died. (I was in agony at this point, death would have been a relief from the pain). I discussed it all with my parents.

I don't know exactly what happened after I died, but I remember hearing a voice telling me it was alright and I would be guided to where I needed to be. The next thing I knew I was in recovery hooked up to a million machines and had a brain splitting headache.

Funnily I am more scared of my parents and boyfriends death than I am of my own.
".... that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold says so" < Stone Cold Steve Austin

Skyrocks93

• Fir
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

I was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery soon after I was born so I have died once but I don't remember it so I guess I couldn't have learned anything from it. I don't think about death that often except when someone I know dies.
?Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.? -Dr. Seuss
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up