Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 28, 2014, 12:04:56 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you believe in an afterlife  (Read 268 times)

Celtic Epona

• Rowan
Re: Do you believe in an afterlife
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »

I believe that when we die, our spirit lives on.  It seems to me that when you take the sum total of human knowledge and thought on the subject, it comes down to this: the purpose of this life is to learn one thing and is love.  That being said, it is the simplest and most complex thing you will ever set out to do.  Why would we only get one chance at learning that lesson if you consider what the lesson is?  Therefore I believe in reincarnation.  I believe that we go around until we have the best understanding that can be obtained in this reality.  From there we move on to a higher plane of learning.  I think all of us have known people that we considered at a higher or lower grade level in this school.  Some people just seem to LIVE a life of love, while others struggle with it in every possible form it takes.  Do we remember our past lives?  I think that we really don't, but that we remember bone deep the lessons of those lives. 
And the greatest of these is LOVE.

Pay attention; you might learn something.  Paul Cooner 1930-1997

Celestrial

• Meṁber
  • Willow
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »

i had a vision of when i was a young child of about say 4-5 being forgotten and left behind after an outing with my family, it was not in this lifetime as i was dressed totally different to what i use to wear, and i could feel the loneliness and heartache i felt from it...maybe it was a lesson on this, i am not sure, but i know i never wanted my child to feel like that
True beauty is within
To feel the power of nature at its worse, is also the most amazing sight.
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.. Eckhart Tolle

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 05:21:47 AM »

I believe when we pass on we will be pleasantly surprised by the fact that the bakery never runs out of brownies. ;D

The last several months have been a mixture of happiness and sadness for me. My mother is nearing the end of her journey.
Alzheimer's is stealing her from us. I'm not going into details about why she is in a locked psych unit in the hospital, I'm sure there are many here who have felt the pain of helplessness in such a situation.

My mother has always believed her family is waiting for her and her passing will be easier for her because of her beliefs. What we expect to be, will be. This eases our passing, don't most of us believe this to be true?

When I pass if I don't recognize any of your beautiful spirits, just point me toward the brownies. Then I'll know for sure who you
are.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Celestrial

• Meṁber
  • Willow
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »

Its a sad time yes and hard,I lost both parents to cancer, but it is also a time to refleck and remember the good times , the laughs you had togther and just knowing they are not in any more pain is the best thing. Also I know they are out there somewhere watching over and protecting me...so that gives me comfort too xoxoxo
True beauty is within
To feel the power of nature at its worse, is also the most amazing sight.
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.. Eckhart Tolle

MoonlitWings

• Hazel
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 12:43:48 PM »

I believe when we pass on we will be pleasantly surprised by the fact that the bakery never runs out of brownies. ;D

H, lol XD

And I am so sorry to hear about your mother *hugs* Alzheimer's is a terrible thing to go through, for both family and the person who has it. My grandfather's dementia is getting worse and I doubt I will be able to visit him again before its his time to depart from this world. All we can do is hold onto the memories of the happiness and love with our loved ones.

H, if you do pass (and hopefully not for a long time), just keep a look out for a vegan bakery and when I see you on the other side, show me the way xD

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 12:05:20 AM »

You and I and many more C. We may travel in a group or alone, we may recognize each other immediately or not at all. I've been told I'm a lunatic regarding reincarnation. I believe we are connected to each other as long as we wish to be. I believe we travel in a circle with all we hold dear, our connections can be endless, or broken to be as we wish them to be and reconnected when we seek to be with others.

We will never be alone unless we wish to be. We follow an endless procession, perhaps our journey is endless. At the end is all
we have ever expected to understand. Beside the door is the GOD. Passing through the doorway you are greeted by the Goddess.
Look to the floor and see the endless abbyss. Have no fear, expose yourself to your deepest fear, and fear has no power over you.
You are free.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up