Nuked
Welcome, Guest
January 25, 2015, 03:20:19 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Priesthood  (Read 42 times)

Ashe Isadora

• Ash
The Priesthood
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:39:17 PM »

Many witches, especially Wiccans and people who follow Wicca inspired traditions, consider themselves priests or priestesses of the gods, often specific gods.  For some of us our priesthood is mandatory upon initiation and is part of what defines us.  With very few exceptions we do not function as an intermediary between the gods and the laity. Few traditions have a congregation. So what does the priesthood mean to you? If you consider yourself, or have been declared at initiation to be a priest or a priestess as well as a witch, how do you serve that function in your religious life?

Not everything on this topic can or should be shared.  But as your conscience allows I would love to hear your views.
In a family argument, whenever you are proven right apologize at once.

Never try to have the last word.  You just might get it.

Lazarus Long

oldghost

• Palm
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: The Priesthood
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »

Having been a solitary practitioner for almost 30 years , I have become the one that speak to my God/dess . That is when I practice Witchcraft . When I was in a Coven (there were only 9 of us ) and since we all had been at it for years we would rotate who would be the High Priest/ess . Since we all had specific God/dess we would only call out in general for what ever the ritual was .

When I do a Shamanic rite by myself , I am the traveler . When there is a main ritual the leadership goes to the eldest Shaman .

I do not consider myself a High priest . In most coven there is a hierarchy , which is a good way to stop chaos from running rampant . Over the years I have seen those that function as Priest/ess that have finish their third level but still did not understand the full meaning of how and why things worked .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Ashe Isadora

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:20:48 PM »

Do you see yourself as a priest in everyday life, or solely during ritual or a rite?
In a family argument, whenever you are proven right apologize at once.

Never try to have the last word.  You just might get it.

Lazarus Long

oldghost

• Palm
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 07:59:55 PM »

I see myself not as a priest in everyday live but only as a seeker . During rituals I take the place guider , one that lead those along the path we are on , one that shows others along the path they have chosen .

When I am the oldest Shaman I take the role of lead teacher and Singer ( no priest in Shamanism ) you could call me a priest even though it is not a term used .

In some of the Witchcraft ceremonies I have to act as Priest and acolyte . Being a solitary can make you wear many masks .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.
Pages: [1]   Go Up