Welcome, Guest
November 25, 2015, 03:12:18 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiccan Book List - List for those starting out  (Read 24860 times)

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Wiccan Book List - List for those starting out
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2015, 12:08:15 AM »

While not a book this DVD set should hold interest for those starting out .

Women & Spirituality : The Goddess Trilogy . Produced by the National Film Board of Canada . It has 3 disc the first Goddess Remembered : A salute to 35,000 years . Part  The Burning Times and the last part Full circle . A little over 3 hours but you should find it of interest .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

• Oak
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2015, 12:27:33 AM »

Hi, og. Yes, that NFBC trilogy has been around for a while, and while it is quite well produced and tells a fascinating tale, I wouldn't rely on it too much for historical accuracy. For instance, in most of Europe, most accused witches and heretics were tried and convicted by secular courts rather than the Inquisition per se; and torture and executions were about as common in Protestant nations as in Catholic countries. Accompanied by a few large pinches of salt, though,  it is perhaps worth watching.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

• Elm
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »

Interesting selection of books.

I actually brought two of the books that were recommended on this page e.g. WICCA: A Comprehensive Guide to the Old Religion in the Modern World by Vivianne Crowley (very insightful, a lot of information- so taking my time to process it lol) I also have the book Wicca for beginners: Fundamentals- Thea Sabin. (Still have to read).

I'm still new to Wicca and Witchcraft and would love to gain more knowledge. Can anyone here recommend books which I may find interesting?

Where I live its is very hard to find Local Covens, so will stick to the Solitary Witch Path. I'm really drawn to Egyptian Gods/Goddesses and Celtic Deities. I'm interested in finding out more about mythology relating to Celtic and Egyptian Deities?

I'm also drawn to Earth-based healing (Native American). Would like to find out more about herbs, potions, spells (would probably have to wait awhile yet to get to that stage), Also ceremonial and traditional practises in Wicca and Witch Craft?

I do use the internet for some research but you cannot beat getting lost in a book whilst being transported to a different world etc lol :D

Many thanks and Blessed Be everyone  :) xxx

• Rowan
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »

So helpful! There are so many books out there, and a lot seem...cheesy? Looking forward to building my library! Thank you!

I've read both Wicca, A Guide for Solitary Practitioners and Living Wicca by Scott Cunningham, and enjoyed both. :)
~There she weaves by night and day~
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up