Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 21, 2014, 04:59:41 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LINEAGED WICCANS  (Read 6675 times)

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
Re: LINEAGED WICCANS
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »

This study group he's starting is separate from his coven work. It's just a study group he's going to start conducting at a museum. I asked him if if he was a member of a coven and if he planned to start his own. It  was then that he volunteered the information about his association with the tradition. He said that he wants to teach those who want to learn via the study group and that eventually those who are interested he would consider initiating into one of the covens. So it can't hurt to join the study group and get a feel for the guy. I'm just curious how to find out if his credentials are legitimate. Years from now I don't want to be thinking that I'm lineaged and really not be, assuming I decide to be initiated by him.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 10:03:34 PM »

You shouldn't be initiated into any coven prior to some very serious studying and work with the coven.  You can't get that via the study group.  A coven has to decide if they even want you.  If he is saying he will initiate you without that study or acceptance by the other coven members, be very wary.  Covens run by a single member wouldn't be for me.  Just sayin'.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »

He didn't make it sound like initiation would be available any time soon. I'll just need to kind of feel out the situation. I won't leap into anything blindly. I'll ask advice before I make a decision. Thanks for the advice.  :)
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »

What is the guy's name by the way.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 11:59:17 PM »

I shouldn't post the guy's name in a public forum. And I definitely won't be joining that Minoan Brotherhood. Lol.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 08:29:46 AM »

So, the guy I've been talking about....... I asked him how long one generally studies with the coven before offered initiation and his reply was, "Training doesn't actually begin until after initiation as one is dealing with an oath-bound tradition". Through research, I've read that, typically, oath-bound covens may not allow non-initiates to participate in coven work or discussion. I would really like to hear what C_A has to say about this. Of course I'd appreciate any input.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 05:40:47 PM »

Unless a coven adheres to the letter of how they were trained then as each member branches off to form their own coven there will be change , as there should be for growth . A lot of coven will not intiate someone that has not gone through the year and a day with them. Some will meet you once give your their manual of how to be a Witch and intiate you then and there , puff you home in a few hours and a Ultra Witch Of the All Knowing Order of Everything . Now you to can start you own covens . Every coven I have ever heard of was Oath Bound. Remember if you can not participate you can not learn , if you can not ask , how will you get answers.

Conidere nemo

" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »

Most covens I am aware of requires training before initiation.  I would be very careful.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 05:47:24 PM »

Most covens I am aware of requires training before initiation.  I would be very careful.

Quoted for truth
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I wish I was able to make it to his seminar tomorrow. Maybe I can make it to one in a couple weeks. Maybe I worded it wrong before, calling it a study group. It's a seminar on introduction to Tradition Wicca and Traditional Witchcraft. It's not a recruiting session. I was just asking him questions about initiation, then running his answer by you guys as a method of researching him. I'd like to get him in this forum and let you guys grill him a little then tell me whether I should trust him. Lol. I'll just have to meet him and see how I feel about him. I'm usually a good judge of character.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »

It's a seminar on introduction to Tradition Wicca and Traditional Witchcraft. It's not a recruiting session.

Thats exactly what this sounds like, a recruiting drive.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »

I'll just have to meet him and see how I feel about him. I'm usually a good judge of character.
Regardless of how good a judge of character you are... Regardless of whatever he tells you or how he makes you feel - if he tells you exactly when you were born, your mother's maiden name, what you had for lunch a week ago tuesday... heed these words:

No personal info no credit check , no check or money should be given up front to any group for any reason . BE AWARE BE ALERT BE SMART.
Best advice I've seen in here so far :-p
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »

Traditional Wicca covens initiate after a period of study not before.  Please pm me this guys name and I will do some research for you.  I won't give his name to anyone, you have my word on that.  Also, any covens that he says he belongs to would be very helpful.

Getting initiated into something you know nothing about, bothers me.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »

Listen I don't know at all but I know ebs quite well. That advice of his is well motivated and coming from the voice of experience. You don't run a website like this for too long without coming across your fair share of charlatans and shonky conmen, out to sell anyone with the readies spiritual awareness wholesale

If I were you I'd get him to check this bloke out - he sounds about as straight as a dog's hind leg to me.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »

That would be great if he could check this guy out. I'm afraid I'm too eager to be part of a lineaged coven. I don't want my eagerness to cause me to make a bad decision. It's just that since I decided that this was the path I was meant to follow, all I can think about is becoming a member of a lineaged traditional coven. Surely there must be precious secrets and knowledge kept hidden for years. The thought that I could learn and experience these things overwhelms me. For me, settling for scraps of information and trying to fill in the blanks on my own just isn't enough. As a seeker of knowledge, I want to one day find myself at the heart, the very source of that knowledge. The more I correspond with this guy I've been talking about, the less sure I am about him. Perhaps it would be nice if someone could go in undercover and check this guy out.  :-p

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up