Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 28, 2014, 08:26:05 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LINEAGED WICCANS  (Read 6535 times)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
LINEAGED WICCANS
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:57:30 AM »

If you are not a lineaged Wiccan, or you don't know what a lineaged Wiccan IS, then please do not reply in this thread.  If you want to turn this into some sort of bash or contest, I will simply delete your post.  Yup.  simple as that.  There are other threads for that.  This is not one of them.

I am lineaged.  Because I spent many years moving around the country, I found different covens in different traditions.  I attained several third-degrees...In Gardnerian, (three decades ago), Alexandrian, (21 years ago), and Seax, (15 years ago).

It makes me wonder why, in this day and age, it seems to me to be even more difficult for folks to find a coven of a lineaged tradition when I found covens all over the country in an age when there was no internet...just word of mouth.

I know that there are several others here who are, indeed, degreed, lineaged Wiccans.  YOU may identify yourself here...after all, I cannot do it for you!  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:59:55 AM by C_A »
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Lark

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Re: LINEAGED WICCANS
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »

I'm new to this forum but I've been practicing witchcraft for nearly 30 years.  I joined a Gardnerian coven in 2008 and I am a 2nd Degree Gard initiate.

Skydancer

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am a member of other Pagan & Wiccan groups online & in real space. I am a 3* Gardnerian HP's from Scotland. My HP and I started Ayrshire Wica, but since his death I have not continued with coven work. More details of my lineage can be found on the following site http://www.thewica.co.uk

serafina

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:53:59 AM »

MM - I am a Gard dedicant and am unsure if I may post here?  I love BTW discussion and debate.  I'll accept a yea or nay on this.  If my training results initiation I will be of the Long Island line.
Thank you for your consideration!       Serafina

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:20:49 AM »

Welcome to TCC.  You are more than welcome to post here.  :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

serafina

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 10:41:13 AM »

Welcome to TCC.  You are more than welcome to post here.  :)

Thank you very much!!!!   BB Serafina

serafina

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 08:02:06 PM »

You may have noticed that the other thread "lineaged" has gotten pretty heated over the use of the label "Wicca" and some other issues.  I am not willing to post any more personally.  If anyone here can add something constructive to that discussion to calm things down it would be helpful.  I've rarely seen a thread go this sour and I'm really very distressed.  Thanks.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »

Do you mean you didn't manage to convince all other participants in the other thread that you were right and they were wrong, so you're taking your bat and ball and going home?

I saw little of "sourness" there. In fact I thought the tone had been kept quite cordial and civilised, considering that people were repeatedly told they had no right to apply a label to themselves which has been used for centuries to describe those on their path, simply because it had been appropriated by a certain author and a few of his acolytes  some time in the last half a century.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »

Sometimes threads do get heated but that doesn't mean it has gone sour.  Noone has any problem with you calling yourself a neowiccan just do it in a way so you are only referring to yourself.  Btw, I am a 100% neopagan.

serafina

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »

ES, there is kindness in your post that I really appreciate.  Thank you for reaching a hand out.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 08:05:09 PM »

I'm not an initiate yet so forgive me for posting here. I have a question though that I believe could help others as well as myself. Is it possible, and how difficult if so, to verify that a person is truly an initiate in the coven/tradition he claims to be, his degree in that coven, and his qualifications for running his own coven? If this post is not appropriate for this thread, could someone knowledgeable in this matter message me privately regarding this issue?
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »

No , unless you are in a coven that's is known to those here . So it has to be on your word , if you lie sooner or later it will show . Knowing how to understand your path no matter how well does not mean you will be a good coven leader .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »

Here's the issue. I'm planning to join a newly formed study group near where I live. The first meeting is Friday but I won't be able to make that one. Anyway, the guy leading the study group claims to be a third degree initiate in the NY Wicca Tradition (BTW) and has his own coven that is five generations from the original. Says he's doing his third degrees next month in the Isian Tradition and Minoan Brotherhood. And runs another coven in a tradition he didn't give a name to. He plans to initiate people into all four traditions. Just wanting to do some research before attempting to become an initiate under him. Has anyone heard of any of these traditions?
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »

Doesn't sound kosher to me , initiation takes more then a study group and a few meetings . Is not the Minoan Brotherhood and all gay group?. Isain claim to be descended from the Golden Dawn. You know how many groups there are in New York . The unknown tradition , well take your salt shaker.  Me I'd say don't go , but check it out if you want , it's your time and money . What's the guy's name ?.If you want to find a group near you check out this site .     http://.www,witchvow.com.HTML.

Do be so quick to jump into something check it out first . Get the guy's name and check with the covens he say he was a member with . If he hesitates or won't answer your question with eye to eye contact . Flee real fast . The ass you will save is your own. No personal info no credit check , no check or money should be given up front to any group for any reason . BE AWARE BE ALERT BE SMART.

" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 09:42:45 PM »

Before you become an initiate of any tradition should take a serious amount of study and not via a study group.  I would probably check out his credentials as best you can.  I don't think it would hurt to attend a meeting of the group and see what you think.  I know of no study group that will get you a real initiation into a legit tradition.  A coven and study group are very different things.  Studying with a coven can get you initiated if the coven wants you and you study and work hard.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up