Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 11, 2014, 02:06:49 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How has your pagan path changed you?  (Read 288 times)

Inge

• Rowan
Re: How has your pagan path changed you?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 05:53:49 AM »

Um. I've not asked my historian friends. I have, instead, observed, first hand, the exchanges between two specific Muslims. One is Shi'ite (Iranian) and the other is Sunni (Arabic).  They amicably disagree a great deal but seemingly more for the sake of being adversarial rather than either one of them being mistaken. The different cultural influences and educational deductions have removed them from being able to better identify their commonalities, it seems. That is, until they came to America and joined our workforce. Now, they may regain recognition.
Reveal this to me:  Is your presence one of support and loyal admonition toward previlant peace or is your presence a warning of what is yet to come. 

Fear not the hand of death but rather the mind of torture.

~ M ~

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 06:42:57 AM »

According to the Library of the Ancients, it is said to have been reported;  ""Zoroastrianism is, first and foremost, a environmentalist religion. The purity of the earth, water and air is paramount to the founding precepts and the adherents are bound, by scripture, to protect nature in all its glory. This is also evidenced by Zoroastrianism's specific holidays, which fall on the equinoxes and solstices, as celebrations of the natural cycles of the earth.

Basic Zoroastrian precepts

Equalism: Equality of all, irrespective of gender, race, or religion.
Respect and kindness towards all living things.
Condemnation of the oppression of human beings, cruelty against animals and sacrifice of animals.
Environmentalism: Nature is central to the practice of Zoroastrianism and many important Zoroastrian annual festivals are in celebration of nature: new year on the first day of spring, the water festival in summer, the autumn festival at the end of the season, and the mid-winter fire festival.
Hard work and charity: Laziness and sloth are frowned upon. Zoroastrians are encouraged to part with a little of what would otherwise be their own.
Loyalty and faithfulness to "family, settlement, tribe, and country.""

Paganism, by most any definition.

Reveal this to me:  Is your presence one of support and loyal admonition toward previlant peace or is your presence a warning of what is yet to come. 

Fear not the hand of death but rather the mind of torture.

~ M ~

CelticWanderer

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Life is a journey, so journey well.
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 08:36:22 AM »

I've just recently found my true path. I am of Celtic and Norse descent, therefore I follow a path related to both. Although I lean more towards Asatru, I do not neglect the Celtic path either. Since beginning this wonderful journey which officially began last weekend when I opened up to my Mother, which had a very interesting response lol. I'll tell more about that another day. My journey actually started over a year ago when I was searching for something more than what the church was giving me. I have found it with the ancient religion or path of my ancestors. It has been a very emotional trip and continues to be each day. I find myself being more cautious of my words and actions than I ever did before. I strive to honor the Gods and Goddesses along with my ancestors each day. I think I am a much better person.  :)

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »

Asatru is an interesting path CW. I have not had time to really read much on it, but I look forward to learning more about it.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Valerie

• Cypress
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »

I think questioning the beliefs I was brought up with has changed me
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up