Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 25, 2014, 03:27:32 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What made you move from Christianity to Wicca?  (Read 6525 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: What made you move from Christianity to Wicca?
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 06:00:40 AM »

Gee, thanx for that SE :-p :-p

The confidence you instil in me is..... well..... um.... Oh never mind

SE........ Come back......  The athame is plastic.. honest!!!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

When I was about 12 I stopped going to church and being a Christian... It didn't feel right. The whole view of God really confused me. Because I would listen really well but then I would question everything. My mothers side is Christian. My grandma is way worse than my mom though. Another thing I didn't like about Christianity is that they did not accept gays/lesbians/bisexuals. I grew up being told to treat everyone as I would like to be treated and to treat everyone no matter who they are or who they are with equally. Therefore it seemed only right to be nice to gays and lesbians and bisexuals. Yet everyone else was all "Its wrong for a man to be with a man and a woman to be with a woman it is against Gods word." Then I was all "Well I doubt God wouldn't want us all to love at least once in our life and if that love is of the same gender let it be." I've ticked a lot of people off with that. I don't agree with Christianity and the way they speak to others that are not like them and how they speak of other religions as if they are blasphemy.

So when I was a bit older than 12 I started looking online at wicca. But decided at the time not to get into it due to the fact there was no way I could get the books and such. I was also homeschooled. Year after year I would look up stuff though on the computer just here and there. I've always been drawn to the witch stuff. I wouldn't say I'm necessarily wiccan but I'm definitely a witch. Just a me witch. One of a kind. I don't worship any gods really. I prefer to think of the sun, moon, and earth as my gods since this is where I settle and since the sun and moon give me light and help things grow. I think part of it comes from my way back ancestors from the Inca's and Mayan's. But who knows?

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »

Gee, thanx for that SE :-p :-p

The confidence you instil in me is..... well..... um.... Oh never mind

SE........ Come back......  The athame is plastic.. honest!!!!

Yeah yeah. Sure Sure. You're a Scot, innchya? For all I know you could be living alongside the banks of Loch Ness, doing bizarre rituals out of The Book of Abra-Melin the Mage....either that or deep frying a pizza - and quite frankly I'm not sure which more horrifying as a prospect.

;)
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:59 PM »

Oh! I see! And how do I know you don't live out in the bush dancing at midnight around acacia trees and cavorting in the nude with aboribinal locals, cunjuring up Bunyips and Drop Bears?!?!  :-p

And even though we do have deep fried pizzas, you should try our deep fried snickers bars ( thats for real BTW).   ;D :D ;) :D ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »

Oh! I see! And how do I know you don't live out in the bush dancing at midnight around acacia trees and cavorting in the nude with aboribinal locals, cunjuring up Bunyips and Drop Bears?!?!  :-p

Ah ha!! So you've been using your dark magicks to spy on me!! I knew you was a wrong 'un!!

And even though we do have deep fried pizzas, you should try our deep fried snickers bars ( thats for real BTW).   ;D :D ;) :D ;D

Yes. I've done the Edinburgh Fringe Festy. There are many things to recommend Scotland. Art, architecture, culture, nightlife -  and a people so friendly and warm and at ease they make you feel you might never wish to leave....but gastronomy is not your strong point, is it?

(And don't get me started on haggis !!!)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:12:00 PM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »

Yes! Perhaps our gastronomic delights aren't so delightful... why do you think we have so many Indian and Chinese takeaway's?  :D :D :D   I do like haggis tho, its really not as bad as many think it is.  :'(

Thanx for the rest of the racial compliments tho  ;) :-*

I think our worst feature tho has to be the weather; I am of the belief that evolution is due to make a new change soon, and we are going to end up with webbed feet and furry pelts.  :D :D

As to the dark magicks and spying on you; remember theres no spell sharing allowed!  :-p :-p :-p

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2012, 04:37:33 PM »

I do adore Scotland. And Scots - we have many climate refugees here. lol....I need to see more of it. So wild and dramatic in the rural parts and so beautiful in architectural terms in the urban ones. I have a mate who lives right near the city centre in Edinburgh and he's offered me a room to base myself in when I get to the UK (eventually...was meant to be there right now...Grrrr) .

Yeah the weather's not great (as in it's really quite shyte) but then I'm not looking for a sun surf and sand experience. I get that all the time, innit? Really you just know to pack wellies for the trip..and an oilskin coat and fur lined gloves a  v. sturdy umbrella....and thermal undies!!!
 ;D

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »

You've been given a good list...LoL :D

I was born and brought up in Edinburgh. And up until recently I worked in the museum there too. There are times I miss the city, but so much has changed there over the years; quite often its just not the same.

Nikki_Killian

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »

I am still making the transition from Christian to Wicca. It is hard to let go of what was indoctrinated in to my mind as truth. While I am not saying that it is false, I am saying that it is not for everyone. My grandmother was Wiccan tried and true, hence the reason why I have always questioned Catholicism and it's practices. As a child she taught me to believe what my heart told me to be true, and to listen to the natural world. I wish that she were still alive so that I could have learned much more from her about my gifts, and how to be one with them. I know enough to heal my own broken heart.  Today I meditated and told myself to let go of the pain and that the Goddess grant me the strength to move past this pain and to heal my fractured heart, mind, body, and soul. I instantly felt a weight lifted off of me, and at that moment, I knew that there is so much more than what Christianity can offer.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2013, 03:36:21 PM »

I once was a Christian Nikki, so I get the difficulty of the transition. took me a long time to get past it all after everything I was taught.

Nikki_Killian

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2013, 05:48:24 PM »

Draconis Rex, its comforting to know that there are others out there like me.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2013, 06:30:01 PM »

If you keep looking around the forum, you'll see passages here and there about my emergence into Paganism. In a nutshell; I was Baptist, then I wasn't, I liked occult and Paganism even during those times, eventually I committed to my path. Always in the background there was the feeling of guilt for abandoning what I was brought up with, and the feeling of betrayal too ("...no other Gods before me...."). There, the ultra short version :-p ;D

Everyone just calls me Drac BTW; Draconis Rex is a bit long winded ::) .... Draconis Opulentus Aurelius Rex is even more long winded ;D ;D

Nikki_Killian

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2013, 07:35:17 PM »

Good to know Drac. Thank you!

TrickOfTheMoon

• Pine
  • No, the death threats are common in my hometown!
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2013, 07:26:43 AM »

The biggest thing for me was the whole LGBTQP thing. I wasn't going to sit in church mindlessly lapping up every meaningless word to a sermon about how god hates fags and not get irritated. Basically, i was sick of being Christain [as I had been since the ninth grade] and Wicca just stepped in at the right time. Ironically, it's the time we were looking at how "unholy" and "dangerous" wicca and witchcraft were in our youth class.
Depression is a side effect of dying. Everything is, really.
--John Green, "The Fault in Our Stars"

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »

The biggest thing for me was the whole LGBTQP thing. I wasn't going to sit in church mindlessly lapping up every meaningless word to a sermon about how god hates fags and not get irritated. Basically, i was sick of being Christain [as I had been since the ninth grade] and Wicca just stepped in at the right time. Ironically, it's the time we were looking at how "unholy" and "dangerous" wicca and witchcraft were in our youth class.

Sorry, what is the 'P' for?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up