Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 10:09:07 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: What made you move from Christianity to Wicca?  (Read 7969 times)

white weasel

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Re: What made you move from Christianity to Wicca?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »

For me it seemed that the more I read the bible the more questions I had with no answers. Christ had 12 followers  but only 4 of them are in the bible. What happened to the other 8? If the great flood killed off all life but for what was in Noah's ark then some one explain Australia to me?  Why should I be God Fearing? I don't fear my father or mother so why should I fear God?  Original sin, now who blames the child for what the parent did wrong? These are just a few of the questions I asked and no church was ever able to give me a logical answer.  So I started looking for answers that was reasonable to me.  And once I learned to listen to the world around me the answers came.
There is more to learn than we can ever imagine.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:13 AM »

For me it seemed that the more I read the bible the more questions I had with no answers. Christ had 12 followers  but only 4 of them are in the bible. What happened to the other 8? If the great flood killed off all life but for what was in Noah's ark then some one explain Australia to me?  Why should I be God Fearing? I don't fear my father or mother so why should I fear God?  Original sin, now who blames the child for what the parent did wrong? These are just a few of the questions I asked and no church was ever able to give me a logical answer.  So I started looking for answers that was reasonable to me.  And once I learned to listen to the world around me the answers came.

That's got to be the best answer to this question I have read thus far.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 12:15:02 PM »

Let's not forget Balaam's talking ass.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 12:23:18 PM »

Let's not forget Balaam's talking ass.

Lots of people talking out of asses in the bible love. Balaam was no bloody orphan.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »

I found out I really don't know much about Christianity. I was a christian for a quarter Of my life and I was clueless.
I miss spellcheck.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »

Mum's a Catholic, dad's a Prodestant. I went to a Cacholic girl's school where we had Religious Instruction as a lesson at least once a day. One day after reading Genesis I asked:

"If God knows what we are all doing all the time, how come he couldn't look after Adam and Eve when there was just the two of them?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, God didn't know they had eaten the forbidden fruit. He had to ask them why they were hiding in the bushes. There was just the two of them then and there are millions of people now. I don't get it."

My parents were kindly asked if I could be relocated to another school.

It's a very insecure God who says "Worship me or else.", and as for His army of angels - very dangerous race of immortal androgenous creatures who when told to destroy a town or city will kill every man, woman, child, animal, bird in the sky, and bug on the ground without a second thought.

You know how there was a war in Heaven, ever wondered what two immortal armies, each armed with the power of a God, could actually do to each other?

It never did feel right.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »

Mum's a Catholic, dad's a Prodestant. I went to a Cacholic girl's school where we had Religious Instruction as a lesson at least once a day. One day after reading Genesis I asked:

"If God knows what we are all doing all the time, how come he couldn't look after Adam and Eve when there was just the two of them?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, God didn't know they had eaten the forbidden fruit. He had to ask them why they were hiding in the bushes. There was just the two of them then and there are millions of people now. I don't get it."

My parents were kindly asked if I could be relocated to another school.

It's a very insecure God who says "Worship me or else.", and as for His army of angels - very dangerous race of immortal androgenous creatures who when told to destroy a town or city will kill every man, woman, child, animal, bird in the sky, and bug on the ground without a second thought.

You know how there was a war in Heaven, ever wondered what two immortal armies, each armed with the power of a God, could actually do to each other?

It never did feel right.
If all God wanted (and I'm approaching this from a purely speculative view) was total and abject obedience, then he wouldn't have created Man. He already had the Seraphim for that. And (If the Bible is to be believed)there were design faults there. Having no freewill, all they could do, was "The Will of God". And that's all very well, but you might as well just do it yourself.

So he had to build in some faculty that allowed them to know just what that was. Unfortunately, what he used to engineer this, developed into Hubris. The War in Heaven, against a prideful Lucifer, and a full third of the Seraphim was a direct consequence of The Word of God.

The fact he created Man at all after that suggests that this was a consequence he had not considered when making the Seraphim. Therefore, he is not "All knowing" at all, or he would have created Man first.

Freewill means that we can choose our actions, according to whatever motivates us. That's a given. But we also have to accept that there are consequences to our actions. This means that we have been created, by a God who upon finding out he'd made a glaring flaw in his last creation, then makes adjustments to his next creation that compensate for his mistake.

So why would this creative, and intelligent Creator now demand that we spend so much time on our knees, either in worship, or supplication? Seraphim could do that, if that's what he wants.

So why? What possible benefits are there in living like that? Or is it some kind of lesson? If so, what is it supposed to teach us? 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 09:52:03 PM »

Answers on a Postcard, to the Pope.

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »

God never gave us our free will, we had to take it. The war in Heaven was started due to an argument regarding the fate of Mankind. Lucifer was a very high-ranking angel, and to think that he and one-third of the angels disagreed with a decision God Himself had made.......

And this guy is all-powerful?

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 10:23:08 PM »

God never gave us our free will, we had to take it.

We had to choose to take it! We had free will anyway, but the Serpent had to trick us into thinking otherwise, in order that we learn about consequences. It was all a put on job. The Serpent was punished by having to "Crawl on his belly, in the dirt" and that he would inevitably get stepped on from time to time. Well, pretty much part and package for a Serpent, that is.

Any other option suggests that this God is stupid, and gratuitously brutal. Adam falling at the first hurdle like that? Over an Apple? Clearly implicating Eris as having had a hand in it. Via Her Creature, Eve. Ever since, too. Or God would still be trying to cross Adam with Nephilum like Lilith.  Eris proposed that whole rib thing, God rolled with it, Job done. Hilarious. 

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 01:17:08 AM »

Yeah it was all a set-up and God has had His sick joke. An apple? In that area? Modern thought lean towards the pomigranite. But who cares anyway, it's just a story, a legend, a tale told and retold and embelished with the re-telling. No one really believes in an Adam and an Eve and a garden of Eden. It's all as real as Sea Pigs.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 01:20:07 AM »

Yeah it was all a set-up and God has had His sick joke. An apple? In that area? Modern thought lean towards the pomigranite. But who cares anyway, it's just a story, a legend, a tale told and retold and embelished with the re-telling. No one really believes in an Adam and an Eve and a garden of Eden. It's all as real as Sea Pigs.

That isn't exactly true Michelle.  Hard core bible thumpers believe in Adam and Eve.  I think they are misguided but who am I to really judge?
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 01:32:34 AM »

I once was told by someone much wiser than I that it was not important what you believed in or even how you believed in it, the important thing was that you believed in something.

But I will not bury my head in the sand and believe in the rediculous. I will not simply "have faith". I will not answer a knock at my door and be nice to Mormon Missionaries.

Part of my being here is to search for truth. Perhaps it's just my own personal truth, a truth that will only ever be mine and make sense to only me. Fine, I can accept that. But I have trouble with such concepts as people actually believing in...., in....., grrrrrrrrr!

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 01:51:15 AM »

I once was told by someone much wiser than I that it was not important what you believed in or even how you believed in it, the important thing was that you believed in something.

But I will not bury my head in the sand and believe in the rediculous. I will not simply "have faith". I will not answer a knock at my door and be nice to Mormon Missionaries.

Part of my being here is to search for truth. Perhaps it's just my own personal truth, a truth that will only ever be mine and make sense to only me. Fine, I can accept that. But I have trouble with such concepts as people actually believing in...., in....., grrrrrrrrr!
It's easy to deal with the mormons my friend.  Tell them you will read their literature if they are willing to read yours. Make sure yours is the Satanic bible. They wont bother you again.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Michelle

• Cypress
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2011, 02:17:57 AM »

I was nice to them and I did read their "Book of Mormon". It's actually a pretty good read and Nephi is a really cool guy with all he has to put up with. I even attended a Mormon Church for a while.  Anyhow, my problem with the Latter Day Saints began because I can't help but research the crap out out of anything. It's only because I really want to know what I am believing in is real. Well, I found that the Mormon history is one steeped in sadness and bloodshed. Brigham Young turns my blood cold when I think of all the things he did, he even past a law once that anyone trying to leave would be shot. Besides, common sense dictates that Joseph Smith made the whole thing up in the first instance anyhow. He didn't even have those famed "plates of gold" to even show anyone.

But that's the thing about religions, especially those that could be considered new or a re-vamp of an already existing one. What is real and what is pure fabrication? My questions and arguments are just my attempt at testing a so called truth to see if it stands up against critisism.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up