Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 24, 2014, 07:46:14 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who are your patron Gods?  (Read 4489 times)

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Re: Who are your patron Gods?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

pg you belieive in the energy of the divine. You seek to understand it. In my opinion that doesn't
make you an atheist.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

catgirl

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »

Marisol , what about changing your path worries you , after all you can be Wiccan and still practice Witchcraft . A lot of Witch are also Wiccan , most of those I know are ; they do go hand in hand . It goes like this -Pagans are the people - Wiccan is the religion and Witchcraft is the work that binds the whole into the Trinity. Just like Maiden, Mother , Crone . Have no worry when the three are joined then one become whole. Try it Marisol you'll be amazed.

I love that! That is well said oldghost. Thank you. I have an affinity for Dianna and do pray directly to her or worship her most of the time but I also honor and call upon others as well. I guess I'm considered eclectic. I do honor the God as well. I'm not as prone to calling upon specific Gods but I feel it's important for me to honor the Gods as well.  Mostly I say "Father God".

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:03 PM »

pg you belieive in the energy of the divine. You seek to understand it. In my opinion that doesn't
make you an atheist.

The word "divine" makes me cringe.  I try to distance myself from anything remotely...  well, you, know.

@EBS:  So how would you classifly me?   You too, Marisol.
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »

The word "divine" makes me cringe.  I try to distance myself from anything remotely...  well, you, know.

@EBS:  So how would you classifly me?   You too, Marisol.

But hey, if you accept everything as divine, then it is so. There is no 'not divine', so there's no problem. Personally I think we're just in a mini semantic tug-o-war. :-)

To me, you come across as... mm, you have your swimming costume on and your kind of dipping your toes in the water.. testing the temperature. But you don't want to get into the deep end. Actually, maybe you just love sitting by the pool. ;-) Goddess's pool!!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »

Pg it's not really my place to try yo tell you what you are. I was mentioning only my observations.
But since you did ask. I feel you are an eclectic pagan. You don't like religion, but you do seek the divine. Your personal belief system has been taken from a variety of sources and there is nothing
wrong with it.

Now you can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about,etc. This is only what I got from your posts and I'm probably wrong. Only you know your relationship with the divine.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »

Yeah, like Marisol said...It's not my place to persuade or 'sell' spiritual life to you. I don't really want to do that either. It's all about how YOU feel.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »

I don't feel either of you are trying to sell me anything.  :)   I was just wondering how you would label someone with beliefs such as mine.  I've run across the you-are-not-an-Atheist-as-you-claim dialogue before. 

You're right, Marisol, I do not like religion.  I don't feel I seek the divine but cause I don't consider anything divine.  It just is.  Whatever it is. 

It's all about control with me.  I don't want controlled and I want to control everything.  I thought I was done fighting this battle, but obviously not.   

I think sometimes I want something to cling to... okay, I do want something to cling to at times.  Then I wake up and slap myself silly.  I don't want hope when I know within that there is no hope.  Hope for what?   I don't have a clue.  I like to think I know what I don't want.     

What I really want is everything all spelled out nice and neat.  I want to know what is and what isn't so I don't have to guess.  I can't surrender my all to something I have no clue as to what is.  I can't let go.  I can't trust.  I rather think I need to figure out exactly what it is that I am scared of.

Energy.  I believe in energy.  Don't ask anymore questions.  :D 

Now I have a stomach ache.  Pardon me while I go take an antacid and beat my head against a brick wall.   
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 12:26:43 AM »

If you don't like the term "the divine" maybe what I call it most of the time would work...The Source.

Omnipresence, megamind, His Divine Shadow, Bob....they work too!

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 06:20:59 AM »

If you don't like the term "the divine" maybe what I call it most of the time would work...The Source.

Omnipresence, megamind, His Divine Shadow, Bob....they work too!

Bob.  I like that.  Might get a bit confusing when trying to explain my beliefs to others.  But hey, that's their problem.   :D

I like Cosmic Consciousness, Great All, All that Is...  I do use the term Goddess from time to time, but that often confuses people as they obviously think I am referring to deity.  I simply need to keep my mouth shut.   :-X

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 06:50:54 AM »

Bob.  I like that.  Might get a bit confusing when trying to explain my beliefs to others.  But hey, that's their problem.   :D

I like Cosmic Consciousness, Great All, All that Is...  I do use the term Goddess from time to time, but that often confuses people as they obviously think I am referring to deity.  I simply need to keep my mouth shut.   :-X

Pg, I thought you did magic? If so, do you not already have a trust and knowng from your direct experiences. Do you not already have knowledge?

Let me say this, the truth really is in your heart. And that's tge last I'll say on that. But I want  to help the other part of your brain understand as well.

Try these:

'Sir John Woodroffe / Shakta & Shakti' - I think that is correct. Type Woodroffe into Wikipedia and some of his texts are actually free online. It explains the science of it.

Also, my personal resource and guide - 'Ramtha'. She also delves into the scientific side. But even so, it is never divorced from the natural, spontaneous intuition of your God. So if you are looking for a complete divorce, then you'll have to do it in your own mind.

Ramtha has a website (and a course), but try to get the CD 'understanding dimensional mind through changing frequency'.

the science and philosophy though is nothing without direct experience and trust. But the science helps grow that trust. The rest is up to you.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »

Pg, I thought you did magic? If so, do you not already have a trust and knowing from your direct experiences. Do you not already have knowledge?

Let me say this, the truth really is in your heart. And that's tge last I'll say on that. But I want  to help the other part of your brain understand as well.

Try these:

'Sir John Woodroffe / Shakta & Shakti' - I think that is correct. Type Woodroffe into Wikipedia and some of his texts are actually free online. It explains the science of it.

Also, my personal resource and guide - 'Ramtha'. She also delves into the scientific side. But even so, it is never divorced from the natural, spontaneous intuition of your God. So if you are looking for a complete divorce, then you'll have to do it in your own mind.

Ramtha has a website (and a course), but try to get the CD 'understanding dimensional mind through changing frequency'.

the science and philosophy though is nothing without direct experience and trust. But the science helps grow that trust. The rest is up to you.

What does magic have to do with some concept of the divine?
I really dislike the term "magic". No matter how you spell it, it always comes across as something from a Harry Potter movie. The term energy weaving (to me) makes more sense. When we pray, perform a rite, cast a spell, cast our heartfelt wishes to the winds......we are manipulating the energy that is all things. We are attempting, knowingly or not, to alter our environment or perception of the universe and our place within it. Because all things are energy, all things share a connection with everything else. That includes what ever concept of the divine you may hold. Because we are connected, we are an aspect of the "divine" and as such belief in god is a belief in self and then it follows belief in self is to believe in a "divine".
It's not my intention here to preach or to try to convince anyone of my view or faith so I'll just stop with this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up