Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 23, 2014, 03:24:55 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Path  (Read 928 times)

Qoyle

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Path
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »

While reading about Wicca and Pagan studies, and the such I have been trying to sort everything out.  I have this pull towards being a shaman, but not sure if I should start off with Wicca first and then go into being a shaman.  All my chakras are blocked, and I am working on opening them to receive what is meant for me.  I feel lost right now and would appreciate guidance.

dark magus

• Apple
Re: Path
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »

Pulled toward Shamanism yet wondering if you should study about wicca......
We could throw a bunch of book titles at you and tell you to read read read, but that's not all that helpful at this stage.

Rather, go to Wikipedia and look up "Shamanism" and "Wicca" and have a look at the information provided on both. It may help you understand what each is and help you determine the direction of your interest. You can get a feel of any number of faiths or belief systems this way to help you determine just what's out there for established paths.

No matter what you read however, it still comes down to what you see as a truth, what you can believe in and have faith in, what resonates in your heart.

Qoyle

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »

to be more specific I am drawn to Celtic Shamanism...I have always been drawn to mythological creatures, and have a way with animals.  I am reading as much as I can, and I do appreciate the guidance...it has helped distinguish between the two.  Still a small bit frustrated with the lack of information on the Celtic Shamanism, and the numerous (and possibly wrong data) on Wicca.  I appreciate everything you have said and guided me towards.  I am still learning, so please bear with me.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »

Qoyle

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »

Thank you...my ancestors are from Ireland, and I seem to be drawn to that mythology.  Thank you so much for the links...I am reading...and learning.

crystalenka

• Pine
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »

You may also want to look into Celtic reconstructionism, if you're drawn to what your ancestors worshiped. It includes elements of shamanism, I believe, but I wouldn't want to misquote.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 11:38:32 PM »

Qoyle , a book I have just finished that you would like if you really want to know something of the history of Shamans  in Europe. " The Quest For The Shaman'' "shape-shifters , sorcerers and spirit- healers of ancient Europe.  By Miranda & Stephen Aldhouse-Green... Thames & Hudson I got mine through the local library you should try them first ; it can save you money in the long run . There also is no reason that you can not join the two Shamanism and Wiccan do go hand in hand.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Edward Collett

• Cypress
  • Pride <3
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 12:50:47 PM »

It could also help to know that your path can be split into many, but all are one.  This being said, no one has to follow one set thing, and can take aspects of many to become one.  It's not much help, but I hope it's useful.

Zili

• Meṁber
  • Alder
    • Zili's Emporium, jewelry, steampunk, and pagan supplies
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »

From what I know shamanism and wicca can be practiced together.  Wicca is a religion where as shamanism is a practice.  Shamans are healers, advice givers, story tellers, and more rolled into a neat package I know many wiccans who take on all of these roles at once just like shamans do, in a way they are a shaman, they just choose not to label themselves that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up