Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 13, 2014, 03:06:39 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pagan Origins of the Christmas Tree  (Read 1650 times)

apriorienigma

• Meṁber
  • Pine
  • All is a mystery, else it wouldn't be worth living
Re: Pagan Origins of the Christmas Tree
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »

Priests were allowed to marry up to 1123.  I don't think the bible has changed much since then has it?   Certainly not the Catholic version.  The priest who told you that gave you a poor answer.  Most of Christs' followers were married.

Actually the priest was making a joke.  Some of them do have a sense of humor.  :)

From what I understand, the marriage of priests ended because of fear their heirs could put a claim against Church property.  Not for any religious reason.
"Don't Be a Magician
     Be Magic".......Leonard Cohen

"Let us not here facts, figures and logic
Fain would I hear lore, legend and magic"....Donovan, Roots of Oak

I'm intolerant of intolerance.....go figure

apriorienigma

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »

Its the same with nuns, (no disrespect to them intended but...) They claim to be married to the lord, WHAT?!?! and so will not get married in the real world.

They do, indeed, consider themselves "Brides of Christ".
"Don't Be a Magician

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »

Priests were allowed to marry up to 1123.  I don't think the bible has changed much since then has it?   Certainly not the Catholic version.  The priest who told you that gave you a poor answer.  Most of Christs' followers were married.

Actually the priest was making a joke.  Some of them do have a sense of humor.  :)

From what I understand, the marriage of priests ended because of fear their heirs could put a claim against Church property.  Not for any religious reason.

So another case of the "man" exerting his control over Christs' religion for their own purposes.   I stand by my statement about organized religions.  Should i bring up the assasination of John Paul the I?  I don't mean to come off bitter but as you can tell I am.  I was brought up to believe the church was everything.  It failed me.  I lost faith in God over it.  How could He let men ruin his church?
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »

I think very highly of you ap and I don't even know you.  You are capable of something I never ever will be.  I live by the saying, "fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me".  I will leave you alone now.  We are glad to have you.  I don't want you to think I am picking on you.  I am very bitter towards the Catholic church.  That isn't your fault.  I do put more faith in the religion founded in a bowling alley though.  I think Jesus was one heck of a fine person.  If the world lived by the things He preached, it would be a much better place to live in. 

Blessed Be
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

apriorienigma

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 06:16:46 AM »

I think very highly of you ap and I don't even know you.  You are capable of something I never ever will be.  I live by the saying, "fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me".  I will leave you alone now.  We are glad to have you.  I don't want you to think I am picking on you.  I am very bitter towards the Catholic church.  That isn't your fault.  I do put more faith in the religion founded in a bowling alley though.  I think Jesus was one heck of a fine person.  If the world lived by the things He preached, it would be a much better place to live in. 

Blessed Be

EBS: I did not come here to convert anyone or tell them how to live their lives.  I came to learn, not to teach.  My parents taught me not to hold grudges.  The only person you end up hurting is yourself, and, quite frankly, whatever you're holding a grudge against isn't worthy of your angst.  Small minds are a small matter.

Life is hard.  Finding your way through it is the journey.  May all be blessed as they travel through and find comfort in great measure.  Whether we celebrate the birth of the Sun or the birth of the Son, it matters only that we celebrate, gain hope and happiness and live as well as we might.

Btw, Mab blessed us with an unusal (for this area) sprinkling of snow on the Eve...glad the old girl doesn't hold a grudge.
"Don't Be a Magician

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up