Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 01, 2014, 06:51:41 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal experiences with Arianrhod  (Read 2629 times)

karrkraft

• Fir
Personal experiences with Arianrhod
« on: October 03, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »

Does anyone honor or work with Arianrhod? What have your experiences been like? What does she really enjoy for offerings? What is her personality/energy like? Thank you for any input.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
Re: Personal experiences with Arianrhod
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »

No, I don't actually consider her to be a deity.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:41:33 PM by Doom Monkey »
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »

I don't think she is a Deity. Just the product of a dysfunctional family of Welsh foot fetishists. She had to prove her virginity by straddling her Uncle Maths "magical rod". Yeah, that kind of a set up. Anyway, she gives birth to two strapping lads. Well, one mutated giant of a boy, and a something else that slithered off to the sea, first chance it got. It all ends in an orgy of cursing, cross cursing, and War, that is only ended by her mutant son, and her Uncle, (possibly the boy's father too) making a woman out of flowers. And they all lived happily ever after.
I made the last line up, for effect.
As long as they stay west of the Severn, they can do what they like.
I'd stay right away from her if I was you. Crazy inbred Welsh Woman, who throws curses around like they were just words? Lots of hard work IMO.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

karrkraft

• Fir
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:07:19 AM »

I know her story. I am not a newbie. I just have never worked with her and am considering it. The responses I normally receive on this board are strange responses like the both I just received here. The other responses are filled with conisending questions. That is why I do alot of reading and not responding. I am surprised the board has been around since 1997. There isn't a reason for these kind of responses. Alot of people on this board pick on the "fluffy bunnies". You guys aren't any better then them with your attitudes. These two responses are like responses you would get from two mental hospital patients practicing Wicca. These guys are why as Pagans we are looked at as a bunch of weirdos.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:09:47 AM by karrkraft »

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »

I know her story. I am not a newbie. I just have never worked with her and am considering it. The responses I normally receive on this board are strange responses like the both I just received here. The other responses are filled with conisending questions. That is why I do alot of reading and not responding. I am surprised the board has been around since 1997. There isn't a reason for these kind of responses. Alot of people on this board pick on the "fluffy bunnies". You guys aren't any better then them with your attitudes. These two responses are like responses you would get from two mental hospital patients practicing Wicca. These guys are why as Pagans we are looked at as a bunch of weirdos.

Goddess grant me the patience……

First off you snarky little brat.  How does one work with something that is a myth, was never a god or goddess and is now at best a ghost?  Please explain that too me as I am a mental patient.

How do you do that?  Do you channel her spirit?  Are you going to re-enact her big scene in the myths of history?   Or are you just too damned stupid to know that when you ask about “working with someone” us mental patients who have been on the path for the majority of our lives consider that “working with deity”.  I mean seriously, it’s no different than coming here and saying ‘I’m thinking of working with Elmo’. 

So let me just tell you this, read more you insufferable snot, learn what you are talking about and then ask your questions, maybe with a little more knowledge they won’t be so damned stupid.

I guess patience wasn’t exactly granted.

Oh yes, DIAF while you’re at it!  I was as nice as I could be and your response well, let's just say I wasn't to thrilled with your superior knowledge and maturity.
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

TBD

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »

If you only wanted to hear responses from those who DID regard her as a Deity, why not state so in your original post?

I have to admit, looking at the question...
Does anyone honor or work with Arianrhod? What have your experiences been like? What does she really enjoy for offerings? What is her personality/energy like? Thank you for any input.
...and looking at the first of the two responses mentioned...
No, I don't actually consider her to be a deity.
I think that looks like a very direct answer to the question without any attitude at all.  I am not sure where any "strange", "condescending" or "mental patient" attitude can be derived from that.  Let alone being called a "newbie".  And this is coming from a "newbie" here to these forums.

Just saying...

As for this response...
I don't think she is a Deity. Just the product of a dysfunctional family of Welsh foot fetishists. She had to prove her virginity by straddling her Uncle Maths "magical rod". Yeah, that kind of a set up. Anyway, she gives birth to two strapping lads. Well, one mutated giant of a boy, and a something else that slithered off to the sea, first chance it got. It all ends in an orgy of cursing, cross cursing, and War, that is only ended by her mutant son, and her Uncle, (possibly the boy's father too) making a woman out of flowers. And they all lived happily ever after.
I made the last line up, for effect.
As long as they stay west of the Severn, they can do what they like.
I'd stay right away from her if I was you. Crazy inbred Welsh Woman, who throws curses around like they were just words? Lots of hard work IMO.
...again, I see no attack on the OP.  All I see is a legitimate response saying they do not believe she is a Diety, and then an explanation of why that person does not think they are a Diety...or even a good candidate for elevating her to such a post.

Oh well.

May I suggest tracking down an Arianrhod worshippers forum?  You might get the more narrow-minded answers you are looking for from a place that is limited in scope to only having positive views on her.

I'm only trying to help.  If you think this is another attack, too bad.

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »

The posts I normally read on this board are strange responses like this one. Filled with conisending statements. That is why I do alot of reading and not responding. I am surprised the board has been around since 1997. There isn't a reason for these kind of responses. Alot of people on this board pick on the "Rhonda Byrne Fan Club". You aren't any better then them with your attitude. This is the kind of response you would get from a mental hospital patient practicing Wicca. You are why as Pagans we are looked at as a bunch of weirdos.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 09:00:21 AM »

You should be careful when you make assumptions with people. You assume there is no reason for these responses.
Sorry Sparky, but you created the reason, by asking the question. And you assume our answers have no reasoning behind them. Just because you cannot see one. How wise you must be. Then you assume the answers could have come from a couple of Wiccan mental patients!
Also, have you ever met a really truly mental patient? I suspect if you had, you wouldn't bandy such terms around so lightly. And I'm not even nearly a Wiccan. (Another assumption)
Maybe you should go out, and come in again. Maybe you wont get such 'conisending' responses next time. And maybe, as Her offering, this slavering welsh vengeance filled cursebot likes the powers of reason, sucked from the naive seeker who disturbs her little corner of where Myths live. And you've just been spread out on her altar where she can scoop out your sanity at her leisure. Just sayin'. 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

karrkraft

• Fir
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 09:59:11 AM »

The kind of responses I expected. Again why we as Pagans are looked upon so negatively. Arianrhod is part of the Avalonian triad. Cerridwen, Arianrhod, and Blodeuwedd.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »

The kind of responses I expected. Again why we as Pagans are looked upon so negatively. Arianrhod is part of the Avalonian triad. Cerridwen, Arianrhod, and Blodeuwedd.

Here is where you need to be....

http://www.sisterhoodofavalon.org/tradition/goddesses.html

And if you ever decide to come back to reality and out of fantasy, we will still be here, which is why we've been around since 1997.  Were you even born then?

Good luck with your role playing game.  True Celtic traditions do not recognize the "Avalon Triad" nor do they recognize Arianrhod as anything except myth.  But why mix truth with your fantasy of what you expect right?

If you expected these kind of responses then you came into this predisposed to be a complete bitch when we were a lot nicer than we could have been.  Let me know how that works out for you.

Edward Collett

• Cypress
  • Pride <3
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »

Not to throw wood onto the fire, but I just wanted to mention that Arianrhod is among the list of Celtic Deities provided by this exact website.  I'm not saying she should be considered one or not, but she isn't there for no reason.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 08:17:30 PM »

DM, if you look at the bottom of the page in your link, you will see the name of the author, Jhenah Telyndru.
She founded her own "tradition" (if we can call it that) and here's a link for her site:

http://www.sisterhoodofavalon.org/

Not saying it's valid or not, fluffy or not, but it's a path....not my path....but a path.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:16 AM »

DM, if you look at the bottom of the page in your link, you will see the name of the author, Jhenah Telyndru.
She founded her own "tradition" (if we can call it that) and here's a link for her site:

http://www.sisterhoodofavalon.org/

Not saying it's valid or not, fluffy or not, but it's a path....not my path....but a path.

Look up, READ MY POST, then please give the same link again......  :o  I looked up all the information I could find on Avalonian Tradition.  I even went back to some of the texts I have that I had to translate to English.  This "sisters of avalon" and their "avalonian tradition", well they seem to be the only ones aware of it.  In fact, if you read their manifesto you will see they are basically doing the Dianic thing with a celtic flavor.  They are also the only ones that I can find that aknowledge or even know what the heck the Avalonian pantheon is.  I mean seriously if they wanted to create a kick off of the "Western Mystery Tradition" they didn't have to add fiction and legend to do so.  They should however, try to at least follow "WMT" traditions and such if they are going to claim that path as a form of teaching.  All in all after reading their "core beliefs" I find nothing about them to be based on any facts.  They've just picked a bit of this and a bit of that and have made a religion, path, teaching from it.

I mean seriously, at least we admit Discordianism is a joke religion.

I tend to see in most of the "traditions" started within the last 20 years that they are nothing more than people wanting to make their own rules because they just couldn't follow the ones that are part of the traditions already out there.  Or they did not move up quickly enough in the chain of command, or some just want to be in such complete control they make up their own thing.

As for this site naming Arianrhod as a goddess, well I wasn't included on that decision, I presume whoever made it did so out of kindness or possibly ignorance.  To be brutally honest the Celtic traditions can be a complete conglomeration of many things half of which may or may not be based on any facts. 

While the discussion of Avalon, Arthur, Merlin and the sword can be an amazing one, it still falls down to being based on legends which may or may not be based on a lot of truth or very very little.  It's a fascinating subject.  Hell, why not base a religion on it.  Look at Trekkies or Scientologists.

None of this changes my original response that I personally do not consider Arianrhod to be a deity.  I was not rude, sarcastic (as is my normal MO) nor nasty.  The response I got was unacceptably rude.  I have my downfalls but calling someone a mental patient practicing wicca has yet to be one of them.

I've been extremely respectful of other's valid paths here.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:57:16 AM by Doom Monkey »

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »

As a Trekkie, I resent being lumped in with the Scientologists!

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 06:40:57 AM »

As a Trekkie, I resent being lumped in with the Scientologists!

Those were the only two religions I could think of that were a) recognized as a religion and b) based on known fiction.  I'm sorry.  They are nothing alike!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up