Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 24, 2014, 08:47:54 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal experiences with Arianrhod  (Read 2956 times)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: Personal experiences with Arianrhod
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 08:50:48 AM »

Those were the only two religions I could think of that were a) recognized as a religion and b) based on known fiction.  I'm sorry.  They are nothing alike!
It's cool. Anyway, I recently rediscovered "Lexx". Which at it's best, pisses all over Trek in so many ways. I think this episode used Mystickwicks for the Druid extras.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGDogIo8u34
Enjoy.  :-p
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 09:22:32 AM »

You sir are a bad man!!!  ;D
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 11:55:19 AM »

Yo Way Yo
Home Va Ray.
Vyo Way Rah.
Jerhume Brunnen-G!   8)
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 01:20:01 PM »

Soooooo.....are you claiming to be Stanley or Kai?

Loved that show when it was on

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »

Soooooo.....are you claiming to be Stanley or Kai?

Loved that show when it was on
Kinda identified more with Prince than with Kai or Stan. He was the only one in the whole 4 series' to have any kind of drive, ambitions, plans, or indeed the capability and ruthlessness to follow through with any action he wanted to. Let's face it, Stan is a moral spastic. He sets the bar as low as he can every time. And still proceeds to trip over it every episode.

His one ambition seems to be limited to ending his 4000 year "Dry spell". He slobbers over Xev like a Horny Jack Russel, oblivious to her indifference. Any resolve he may have been conserving, morally, or ethically, flies straight out the window at the first sniff of Danger, or Hard work. He is the Peter Griffin of the Shadow Universe. The Dr Zoidberg of modern Surgery. The perfect Fool, all the more poignant because he has such a disproportionate sense of his own value. He is no more than a Cranking handle to start the Lexx.

Kai has a whole bunch of his own issues to deal with. Not least of which is the fact he is dead. And he spent 4000 years, being an Assassin for the Divine Shadow, who wiped out the rest of the Brunnen G, but kept Kai alive, on a whim. To serve the enemy of his own dead people.
"I have killed Men, Women, Mothers, Children, The Good, the Evil, the Warrior and the Priest, the worthy and the Lost, I served the Divine Shadow as a Elite Assassin for the Order. Death holds no fear for me, for I am dead" Blah blah blah, "I cannot reciprocate your love Xev, for the Dead do not love". And so on.

Handy to have onside when things look like they might be kicking off. Good at killing people without any of the moral considerations the living are endlessly bickering about. Never smiles. Except that one time when he was a tree in Oberon's forest. That was his happiest moment. He's dull, he's boring, and he doesn't make me laugh. A one trick Pony.

Xev? well, bless her, she's never going to get by on her brains, is she? She's absolutely created for one thing. And one thing only. And while this would be just Dandy if I was on the Lexx, there is no-one on hand for her to get jiggy with. Kai lacks the necessary animus of the living, he also has no genitalia, or any of the hormones required for lust. Her only other choice, is Stan. And Stan is Mr Desperate Trousers in the middle of a 4000 year celibate streak.

I tell a lie, he did get his end away with Xev once. But it turned out to be Prince, pretending to be Xev in order to wrest the key of the Lexx from him. This left Stan with a lasting unresolved sexual ambiguity issue that just makes him even more unattractive to female kind, whatever species they are. He seriously considered becoming Oberon's Queen for a minute or two, until the thought of backdoor entry put him off.

So I will plump for Prince. He has charisma, drive, power, and most of all, fun. He may be amoral to the point of Blisteringly casual evil, but you have to consider, he is Native to Fire and Water, which means the implications of Death, are waking up shortly afterwards, as someone else. No biggy there. So we can't really judge him by our own standards. He is an excellent and diligent Head of ATF, and the power behind the pathetic little President. Bunny leads him around by the genitals, and Prince is the big bad Devil with the puppet strings. The classical Devil of the Major Arcana. Stan is the Fool, before he steps off the edge of the precipice. Xev is the World. Represented by the Virginal Isis, and veiled away out of sight, she is half Cluster Lizard. Her Lizard half is her true male counterpart. Her Osiris. After Set (The divine Shadow) Had cut him into pieces, and scattered him across the lands. She found all the pieces, (Her Lizard bits) except for one. Which is why Kai, (the as yet unborn, Horus) has no genitalia. Horus is there for one purpose, and that's to avenge his Father, (His living past) and kill every trace of the Order of His Divine Shadow. Set. Then he can be shipped in on the Barge of the New Sun, (Lexx) and reborn as the Crowned Conquering Child of the New Sun. (The Brunnen G) They shall live again, through the resurrected Kai. (Assuming they find him a penis from somewhere, that is)     
Am I reading too much into a sometimes slightly flaky Space Opera? 
(Don't get me started on the Fire/Water/Little Blue Planet dynamic, and how it's synchronous with Scientology, and Xenu's grand plan for humanity, please, or you'll need new server space.)     

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »

LOL.....so you do have a passing acquaintance with the show. And here I thought you where just the football and roller Derby type!

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 03:44:57 PM »

All 4 seasons are up on You Tube, in nice 10 minute chunks. Starting here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbJobFYjmvA&feature=related
Enjoy.

gingerberrycc

• Fir
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 01:52:39 PM »

karrkraft,

If you're still around, I've PMed you. I'd love to discuss experiences I've had and I'd love to hear yours.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »

Here is where you need to be....

http://www.sisterhoodofavalon.org/tradition/goddesses.html

And if you ever decide to come back to reality and out of fantasy, we will still be here, which is why we've been around since 1997.  Were you even born then?

Good luck with your role playing game.  True Celtic traditions do not recognize the "Avalon Triad" nor do they recognize Arianrhod as anything except myth.  But why mix truth with your fantasy of what you expect right?

If you expected these kind of responses then you came into this predisposed to be a complete bitch when we were a lot nicer than we could have been.  Let me know how that works out for you.

Very interesting... I thought I knew the Celtic traditions pretty well, but there's always more to glean... sounds like Arianrhod is a little like Lilith, in that she is more the subject of myth, than religious or philosophical discourse; essentially, folklore.

It is possible, however, to work with anything you wish... as archetypes; thought-forms are a dime a dozen, regardless of their traditional validity.  Chaotes create their own fairly regularly, I'm told...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up