Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 30, 2014, 03:09:44 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: meditation  (Read 1715 times)

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
Re: meditation
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »

Well, it's essential to know WHY you are going to meditate before doing it...and not just for the sake of it, otherwise...yes, your mind may go wandering.

Okay... So why would I want to? 
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »

Okay... So why would I want to?

I'm not a meditation expert, but it helps in various ways:

It clears your mind, making you more empty (i.e more full), and more focused. You get used to being pure 'nothing', which is the fundamental substance of God.  It's a way to connect on that level with your god consciousness, but it also over time gets rid of that needy, nagging part of you. The insecure, inner dialogue becomes quieter.
Things are revealed also in meditation, if you sit and are receptive you can gain answers to things you want to know. They will just come if you are clear enough.
But to me... sitting in the dark to become nothing is part of my creative rituals too.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:52 AM »

You get used to being pure 'nothing', which is the fundamental substance of GOD.

You keep using words like that and I'm not going to talk to you anymore.   >:(   :D

Things are revealed also in meditation, if you sit and are receptive you can gain answers to things you want to know. They will just come if you are clear enough.

Sounds like meditation would be very beneficial to my practice of mediumship. 
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »

You keep using words like that and I'm not going to talk to you anymore.   >:(   :D

Says the little green worm with 'GODDESS' right there in her name! ;-)

lola.s

• Elm
  • "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"
    • House of Sharkey
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »

I tried meditating today and used a breathing method that I read about on a previous post and I found that it felt as though my body was expanding! I had my eye closed but I felt as though if I where to open my eyes, I would discover that I had swealled up like a giant and was miles up off the floor. A bit like Alice in Wonderland with the Drink Me potion. Is that due to the meditation? Or was my head just feeling weird because I was sat with my eyes closed and breathing in incense? Lol i only did it for about ten minutes but I enjoyed it and tried to speak to Isis. Just to get into practice
X
When your happy from a dream is it hard to work out what is real?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up