Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 24, 2014, 09:06:10 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Putting my beliefs into practise  (Read 1482 times)

dark magus

• Apple
Putting my beliefs into practise
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »

I am an Animist. A person that respects nature, connects with the energy in all things and can connect with the creatures in nature.
Last night a young deer, maybe 10 - 12 months old, was hit by a car. While it has no broken bones that I can find, it has a very brused hip. We put it my back yard (6 foot fense) so it's safe from dogs and notified the SPCA that it's there. They're fine with it as there are SOOOOOO many deer in the area and lack of funding, they can't really do much except put it down.
This morning, it's slowly walking around and recovering nicely.

I go out and make it stand and walk to loosen it's muscles etc. It doesn't seem to fused by me and actually followed me around the yard for a while. My wife goes out and before she comes down the stairs, it's moving away for a safer spot.

We'll let her stay in the yard until she's steady on her feet then open the gate and let her go.

TBD

• Meṁber
  • Pine
Re: Putting my beliefs into practise
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:37 AM »

Very good deed, indeed! :D

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/Watershield/IMG_2805.jpg

Grand kids have named her Lucky. Just need to be sure no "bond" form and she becomes a tame deer.
I don't mind deer sleeping in the yard or flower beds as it's a safe place, but they need to stay wild.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:59:05 AM by dark magus »

TBD

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:59:39 AM »

I am always impressed when people do things like this. 

My brother was only about 12 or so and found some abandoned baby ducks on the lake they lived on at the time.  He maintained a nest they had and nursed them until they moved out on their own.  I was dumbfounded when I heard about it, as was my father who witnessed the whole thing.

A deer is a much larger, more difficult to manage creature.  It sounds like things are going well.  Best wishes. ;D

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:52:25 PM »

DM-  what a beautiful thing to do.  Thank you for sharing.
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Mountain_Mamma

• Holly
  • One with the Moon
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »

AWWWW   DM

With all your talk.....  And your a softie!

Love what your doing!

Laugh, Live, Love
Blessed Be

MoonWaterSister

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • The future is fluid, it is always changing.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 05:41:55 AM »

dark magus, I had a really splendid opportunity this past year.  I was on my way home from my sisters house, and a truck had just hit a momma dear. before i got the car off the road, to go check her out, the baby was on it's way out.  So I got the little thing, tied off it's chord with my shoestring, took of my shirt, wrapped her up and checked out the mother.  The Mother was dead by that point.  The baby sustained damaged too.  I'm in the boonie cowtown, and there was a discrepency on the lotted amount of time one could keep a little dear. So I ended up keeping her for 5 months.  My Native name is Little Fawn in english.  Things in my house since last Dec when my father died, have been world war 3.  Having the little Deer here, was amazing.  She played with the dogs, donkeys, llamas, goats, everything.  At night she enjoyed sleeping with my cat, in a burror I made for her in the room.  Several nights I woke up and she found her way into my bed.   :o I think cuz things were so hard at times, she found her way into my Mom's too and she wasn't kicked out.   ;)  The accident left her blind in one eye but now she's a main attraction at a zoo near by.  I've had alot of wild pets, especially growing up on the reservation, but this is the first time, I had such a priveledge out here.  She was a sheer joy, her softness and gentleness, were wonderful gifts during this time. amazing how much these little creatures can offer us!
When all else fails, sit by water in the moonlight then dance naked under the stars!

Water is fluid, soft and yeilding, but water will wear away rock, it will over come what is rigid and hard, it cannot yield.  Another paradox of what is soft, is strong.

KitKat

• Fir
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 08:30:53 AM »

Such heart warming stories to start the day, thanks to you both!  MoonWaterSister, thats wonderful that the zoo was able to take her.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »

As an up date, yesterday, I couldn't find her in the yard. After some time I spotted her in the yard next door. Must have crawled under the fence as she can't jump it.
Any way....after chasing her around for 5 minutes trying to corner her, it dawned on me that she was in fairly good condition.
So I opened the gate and now she's free.
Legs still stiff but that should work out in time.

MoonWaterSister

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »

I was always in trouble with my Grandfather.  I brought home 2 bear cubs once, and he went off his nut! hehe.... but after he started feeding them... they were his.  Another time I found 3 lynx  kittens while I was out picking herbs.  Yep you guessed it.  I had an eagle once, she had a broken wing, but as soon as she was mended, She was free to go. (same with the others.)
I brought home a baby skunk.........and I think that's where he started drawing the line.  :-p
When all else fails, sit by water in the moonlight then dance naked under the stars!

Water is fluid, soft and yeilding, but water will wear away rock, it will over come what is rigid and hard, it cannot yield.  Another paradox of what is soft, is strong.

MoonWaterSister

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 11:01:16 AM »

If this worked let me know!  I still haven't got the hang of this!!!!!  Sometimes I'm a computer genius..... (in my past life)  ;D

MoonWaterSister

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »

Hey Dark Magus,

I did it, woo hoo.  There's my little girl.  My brother is mentally handicapped, since birth.  But I let him name  her.  So of course, her name is Bambi.  *giggles.*

And this is actually me, in my full dress, before the silver jingle dance.

I like that, and the shaw dance. 

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »

They don't look that good even doing the juingle dance up here,  8)

I've always liked the spirit dance, where all male dancers wear the "skin" of their totum animal. Be it Grouse, Wolf, Badger, Buffalo, the way these animals are interprited in costum, the step of the dancer attempting to move like the totum animal.

It's been a while since I've been to a Pow Wow.

MoonWaterSister

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 11:42:42 AM »

I haven't been to a spirit dance in a long time.  I was always in the deer dance back in the days when I was a wee one. lol

LynnW

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • I'm not crazy. Neither am I.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »

That was a beautiful anecdote. I'm trying very hard to show a respect for all forms of life. However, I'm arachanophobic so spiders spefically are hard for me. I've mangaged to over come these tiny water spiders that climb out of the sink in my bathroom. When I find them I pick them up which isn't an easy task as they jump but I've found if I put my hand in the sink and hold it still. They eventually jump on it. Then I carry them outside and set them free.  But two days ago I was getting ready to take a shower and a different kind of spider appeared out of nowhere and frightened I killed him or her. I keep hearing these little screams in my head when I think about it. I feel like it's the spider's death screams. I feel horribly guilty.
Perfume was first created to mask the stench of foul and offensive oders. Spices and bold flavorings were created to mask the taste of putrid and rotting meat. What then was music created for? Was it to drown out the voices of others, or the voices within ourselves? I think I know. -Emilie Autumn
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up